Thread: Neil Degrasse Tyson's Propaganda for His Atheism

Blog Entries

Default Neil Degrasse Tyson's Propaganda for His Atheism

Neil Degrasse Tyson's "Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey" 2014 tv series is propaganda for atheists.

For example, he said in episode 3, "Everyone looked at the perfection, the clockwork motions of the planets in the sky and could only understand it as the work of a master clockmaker. How else to explain it? There is only one way such a thing could come about in their imagination. Only one answer for them. GOD. For reasons beyond our understanding God just created the solar system that way. But this explanation is a closing of the door. It doesn't lead to other questions."

Neil is evil. He is going to Hell. It's easy to see. He rejects Jesus as his Lord and Savior. Why is that the door is closed knowing God created the universe? Are theists incapable of asking other questions? Does a watchmaker make clocks by not asking questions? No, of course not.

Why is it beyond our understanding if we have faith? Cannot someone who has faith in Christ ask the question why God ordered our solar system the way it is?

The arrogance of Neil Degrasse Tyson makes one cringe when he speaks. I cannot stress enough how those such as Neil who have the evil spirit indwelling their spirit use these endlessly underhanded or offhanded comments unquestioningly as though they were reality.

The question to ask is, Why does Neil hate God so much? Just watch the show. He is always knocking God or God's prophets.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Neil Degrasse Tyson's "Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey" 2014 tv series is propaganda for atheists.

For example, he said in episode 3, "Everyone looked at the perfection, the clockwork motions of the planets in the sky and could only understand it as the work of a master clockmaker. How else to explain it? There is only one way such a thing could come about in their imagination. Only one answer for them. GOD. For reasons beyond our understanding God just created the solar system that way. But this explanation is a closing of the door. It doesn't lead to other questions."

Neil is evil. He is going to Hell. It's easy to see. He rejects Jesus as his Lord and Savior. Why is that the door is closed knowing God created the universe? Are theists incapable of asking other questions?
    You misunderstand the quote. Tyson is describing a "god of the gaps" argument. For instance we know the processes the result in lightning, no need to attribute lightning to Thor.

Similarly we have observed accretion disks at various "stages". We know they exist, we know they form planets. What we observe in our solar system is exactly what we expect to find, given what we know about accretion processes.

Tysons point is; saying "god just did it like that" doesn't add anything to our knowledge of the observable universe. That position does not hold any explanatory power.

The "other questions" Tyson is referring to, are questions that the people who hold the "god just did it like that" position are incapable of asking. The "how" questions, because they already have their answer "god". But again, this does not add anything to our knowledge of how the universe works, there is no explanatory power in an answer like that.

If your position is that a supernatural entity is responsible for the solar system being "created" essentially as we see it today and you reject any position that does not agree with that conclusion, any question associated with observations that contradict their position are invalid to the person who holds that position.

The more "power" or influence over the physical world one gives to a supernatural entity, the less explanatory power the "answers" to questions about the physical world will have. I could just as easily substitute the word "magic" in place of the "god just did it like that" answer and the explanatory power is exactly the same. Saying "magic" or "god did it" does not explain how matter was distributed (and is currently being distributed) throughout our solar system, accretion theory does.

Does a watchmaker make clocks by not asking questions? No, of course not.
    Does a clockmaker make clocks my asking questions? No, of course not.

A clockmaker makes clocks by... making clocks.

Why is it beyond our understanding if we have faith?
    Nothing in your quote of Tyson says anything about faith. So I don't know why you think that he thinks that your faith makes explanations about observable reality beyond your understanding.

Cannot someone who has faith in Christ ask the question why God ordered our solar system the way it is?
    Again, nothing in your quote of Tyson mentions faith or Christ, so I don't know why you are mentioning them.

Tyson is referencing people who will not except any answer other then "god did it like that". Like the creation myths from primitive, superstitious and scientifically illiterate cultures.

A position that is formed through scientific ignorance and superstition does not usually lead to questions not already addressed in the position (whether or not the answers to those questions are accurate or not). And that typically those positions will reject anything that does not support, or is in conflict with that position.

Sure there are those who will take a presupposed conclusion and try to make reality fit their already reached conclusion. But that isn't science..

The arrogance of Neil Degrasse Tyson makes one cringe when he speaks.
    I fail to see anything arrogant in the quote you provided. Perhaps you could post some of those and explain what makes them arrogant so that I can address them.

I cannot stress enough how those such as Neil who have the evil spirit indwelling their spirit
    I'm curious, how can you tell if someone has a "evil spirit" in their spirit? Or a "spirit" for that matter? What methods does one use to detect such things? What tools can I use to independently verify these assertions? How can this claim be falsified?

...use these endlessly underhanded or offhanded comments unquestioningly as though they were reality.
    Again, I fail to see how anything in the quote you provided was "underhanded" or "offhanded". I did my best to address your apparent misunderstanding (no offence) of the quote. If you would care to elaborate further, that would be much appreciated

The question to ask is, Why does Neil hate God so much?
    My answer to that would be; he doesn't hate god. He does not believe such a thing exists.

I would posit that Tyson hates god no more then he hates flying unicorns, invisible leprechauns, the Easter bunny, or anything else he doesn't believe in..

He is always knocking God or God's prophets.
    Again, since you did not provide any quotes I cannot address this assertion. If you would like to post them and explain why you believe those quotes "knock" your particular deity and its subsequent "prophets", I will be happy to address them for you.

Kind regards ~Robert~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogicalRationalist View Post
    You misunderstand the quote. Tyson is describing a "god of the gaps" argument. For instance we know the processes the result in lightning, no need to attribute lightning to Thor.

Similarly we have observed accretion disks at various "stages". We know they exist, we know they form planets. What we observe in our solar system is exactly what we expect to find, given what we know about accretion processes.

Tysons point is; saying "god just did it like that" doesn't add anything to our knowledge of the observable universe. That position does not hold any explanatory power.

The "other questions" Tyson is referring to, are questions that the people who hold the "god just did it like that" position are incapable of asking. The "how" questions, because they already have their answer "god". But again, this does not add anything to our knowledge of how the universe works, there is no explanatory power in an answer like that.

If your position is that a supernatural entity is responsible for the solar system being "created" essentially as we see it today and you reject any position that does not agree with that conclusion, any question associated with observations that contradict their position are invalid to the person who holds that position.

The more "power" or influence over the physical world one gives to a supernatural entity, the less explanatory power the "answers" to questions about the physical world will have. I could just as easily substitute the word "magic" in place of the "god just did it like that" answer and the explanatory power is exactly the same. Saying "magic" or "god did it" does not explain how matter was distributed (and is currently being distributed) throughout our solar system, accretion theory does.
    You're misunderstanding. Theists don't ascribe to the god of the gaps argument. It is the evidence that shows God exists and questions can be freely asked. It is a lame excuse just because you don't know all things to assume it is god of the gaps. You don't need to know everything to know God exists, for that claim is contradictory. You're claiming you need to be God all knowing to know if God exists. So you are not being honest with yourself. Theists don't ascribe lightening to Thor but to God. What evidence exists for Thor? None. Do you see your problem? You form arguments that theists don't believe in and argue that against theists which is just you sinning bearing false witness. How dumb is that? The solar system is exactly what we expect to find in God's creation. It is ok to say God did it; this doesn't take away from understanding how He did it as the Bible says, prove all things. Knowing God did it lends to having the proper perspective on how God works, because if you deny God's existence that is proven then you will perform false science in the same vain as you start from a mistaken assumption, you draw and rely on other false assumptions.

As God is proven it would be illogical to start from the basis God does not exist. You're incapable of asking how God did it, because you start from the false assumption God does not exist. And you lack the morality behind why and how He did it! So why shut your mind down for the proof for God? Since nature can't start up from nothing, nor can it always have existed, we know nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. You can't equate magic to God because magic is simply natural phenomenon, whereas God is supernatural existing outside of time and space. Humans can perform magic tricks, but humans can't do what God has done supernaturally. Matter is distributed through the solar system and God shows us how He did it over 13.8 billion years.

Does a clockmaker make clocks my asking questions? No, of course not.
    A clockmaker makes clocks by... making clocks.
    Before a clockmaker can make a clock he must ask questions about how to make it. You're not a robot.

Nothing in your quote of Tyson says anything about faith. So I don't know why you think that he thinks that your faith makes explanations about observable reality beyond your understanding.
    Of course he mentions faith when he mentions God, for those who believe in God have faith in God. You can't separate the two. He takes the same false position as you do thinking questions can't be asked if you believe in God. What a stupid claim. Do scientists who are Christians not ask questions?

Again, nothing in your quote of Tyson mentions faith or Christ, so I don't know why you are mentioning them.

Tyson is referencing people who will not except any answer other then "god did it like that". Like the creation myths from primitive, superstitious and scientifically illiterate cultures.

A position that is formed through scientific ignorance and superstition does not usually lead to questions not already addressed in the position (whether or not the answers to those questions are accurate or not). And that typically those positions will reject anything that does not support, or is in conflict with that position.

Sure there are those who will take a presupposed conclusion and try to make reality fit their already reached conclusion. But that isn't science..
    Christians are theists. Hence, we believe in God. So we argue against Tyson's false claims about God. There is nothing wrong with saying God did it, for it would not exist if God did not do it since God is proven. Tyson is not referencing people who don't ask questions because they believe in God, for such people don't exist. To believe in God is to ask questions. People accept God because of the proof of God. Since you are unable to overturn that proof, then the very thing you are arguing against is that which you possess, an non-inquisitive mind to ask about the proof of God and how He does it. It is entirely your ignorance and superstition to think God does not exist. Ultimately, it is your hostility in which you want to be eternally separated from God. And so you shall be in Hell. Free will is not true if you are not afforded this choice.

I fail to see anything arrogant in the quote you provided. Perhaps you could post some of those and explain what makes them arrogant so that I can address them.
    Of course he is arrogant since God is proven and he rejects God. That's like saying cats don't exist.

I'm curious, how can you tell if someone has a "evil spirit" in their spirit? Or a "spirit" for that matter? What methods does one use to detect such things? What tools can I use to independently verify these assertions? How can this claim be falsified?
    Everyone has the evil spirit in their spirit until they are born-again when the Holy Spirit enters and ousts the evil spirit. Of course we have a spirit which is our innermost man. Have you no intuition, communion and conscience distinct from your soulical functions of mind, will and emotion? Since God is proven and we are made in God's image according to God then to reject that we have a spirit, soul and body is retarded. You cannot actually see the soul and spirit of man, but you can see their functions. Likewise, you can't see the Father, but you can see the Son.

Again, I fail to see how anything in the quote you provided was "underhanded" or "offhanded". I did my best to address your apparent misunderstanding (no offence) of the quote. If you would care to elaborate further, that would be much appreciated
    There was no misunderstanding of the quote. I was glad to show you how you hoped it was so is not the case at all.

My answer to that would be; he doesn't hate god. He does not believe such a thing exists.

I would posit that Tyson hates god no more then he hates flying unicorns, invisible leprechauns, the Easter bunny, or anything else he doesn't believe in..
    Since God is proven to deny His existence is to hate Him. Tyson doesn't hate these other things because there is no evidence for them, but he does hate God since God is proven.

Again, since you did not provide any quotes I cannot address this assertion. If you would like to post them and explain why you believe those quotes "knock" your particular deity and its subsequent "prophets", I will be happy to address them for you.
    When you hate God, you hate His prophets. Tyson is going to Hell according to the Bible so all the fluff you see by his antics is just that.

Thread Information