I just saw the movie 'Enemy' (2014) staring Jake Gyllenhaal. Most reviews talk about the movie being about totalitarianism, caught in a web, but that's not what I got out of it.

My thought as I walked out of the theatre harkened back to what Jake as the history teacher said at the start of the movie (and it was repeated twice for effect)...Every great change in society occurs twice. The first is a tragedy, the second is a farce.

My thought was the farce was paying for this movie after previously paying for a movie the week before. I won't be paying for movies anymore.

This movie's ultimate purpose is to deprogram you from going to the movie theaters such as Cineplex and Galaxy theatres and wasting your hard earned money, not to mention all the crappy food they offer.

I also thought the spider represented the wife of the struggling actor because she was pregnant, presumably holding back his career, which takes us back to the beginning of the movie when the message was to crush the spider in some perverted sexual scene. At the end of the movie the wife is portrayed as the spider.

So it wasn't about the city at all. It was about finding your true calling in life and not choosing the wrong path for you. The body double was an exploration of what life would be like if you listened to your own conscience and intuition about what path is right for you. Are you a history teacher when you should be an actor, or an actor who should be a history teacher?

There's really no Christian message in this movie other than seeing the future when there will be lots of cloned people and the world increasing becomes ever more confusing. Satan is the author of confusion. As the open phrases of the movie was...There is order in chaos when you figure out what that order is.

Maybe I will offer these last thoughts. Those who reject Christ claim He had a twin brother. And lastly, it is not good enough just to listen to your own conscience and intuition, because that conscience and intuition of your spirit must be in communion with God and receive the Holy Spirit indwelling, for without accepting the atonement and receiving God's blessing, you're ultimately being selfish. Find out what God's will is for your life and do that instead.

I guess you could say this movie was about selfish people being controlled by their feelings and self-will.