Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
The Bible says we will reach another solar system by the New City with walls 216 feet thick and 1379 x 1379 x 1379 miles with God and the Lamb at the center. You can't do it on your own. You would need God. You're only deluding yourself otherwise.
Could you please provide me the passage and translation that states anything about extrasolar systems?

Exactly. It would take generations and generations.
Ummm.... You said "Even at the speed of light it would take thousands of years.".

Lets do a simple math problem:

If one light year is the distance light travels in a vacuum, and Tau Ceti e is 11.9 light years from our sun. How many years would it take you to reach Tau Ceti e if you are traveling at the speed of light?

You can live your life on that expectation but it is just fantasy.
I never said I expect an alien species to arrive at earth after 20,000 years. Putting words in my mouth is quite a dishonest practice.

I was attempting to illustrate that aliens (assuming they exist) could have feasibly started their journey a long time ago. Time + speed = distance. Add more time, you get a longer distance.

No such technology exists without the aid of God.
What technology are you referring to?

Are you aware of the rate that technology progresses? Within one generation the human race went from being exclusively terrestrial, to unpowered primitive gliders, to the Saturn 5 rocket capable of reaching approximately 24,500 miles per hour. No deity(deities) required, just science.

Or are you asserting that there is a limit to the extent technology can progress?

Of course alien seekers are crazy since aliens don't exist.
So essentially anyone who doesn't agree with you is crazy?

Not enough planets exist in the universe from the 800 variables required for life to exist.
I think you meant for not from.

And could you cite me the peer reviewed scientific publication you are getting this information from?

Kind regards: ~Robert~