Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calvinism is a Delusional State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Parture View Post
    "Since the first active instance was the Pharaoh hardening his own heart first then it is on him"
    Pharaoh as with all men had a heart perpetually hardened .. so all God needed to do was withdraw softening his heart and give him over to his own depravity! God does not tempt men to sin.. God just withdraws His grace .. and gives men over to their own evil nature to harden their hearts.. Pharaoh hardening his heart and God hardening the Pharaohs heart amounts to the same thing .. as to harden a heart .. God just lets men be men! The point is though, if God had CHOSEN to SOFTEN Pharaohs heart and BRING him to repentance.. He could have done it in an instant, but that was NOT His will! God was NOT trying and failing to bring Pharaoh to repentance! I am not being "doubletongued" all sin is the sinners responsibility .. so Piper WAS right.. God did not FORCE the Pharaoh to sin.. He just GAVE Pharaoh OVER to his evil nature ..KNOWING exacty what decision Pharaoh on his own would make.. and knowing the decision he would make was INESCAPABLE.. yet the Pharaoh was still making the decision of his own free will!

"He draws everyone providing sufficient grace to us all whether special grace through the gospel or common grace afforded to all men so they are without excuse."
    These are YOUR words.. there is no scripture in the Bible that says this .. and Jesus says;

John 15:16
    "You DID NOT CHOOSE ME, but I CHOSE YOU and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, ".

Can you please explain Jesus clearly saying "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" .. when you are emphatic .. claiming He gives all sufficient grace to come to Him all on their own and those who do... CHOSE HIM.. Please please .. please.. just make an attempt to explain that verse.. heretic!
    Last edited by Churchwork; 11-22-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Removed hate filled comments which an infraction was issued for rather than deleting the entire post to be graceful

Blog Entries

A hardened heart does not mean total depravity. Don't assume. Have some humility. However much grace God gives it is always sufficient to have the free choice. That's why the Bible can say you are "without excuse." You would have an excuse if you didn't have sufficient grace to have the free choice. The Pharaoh, for example, even after 10 plagues still refused to repent, just as Calvinists refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. You just choose to express your hostility to God of the Bible in a different way than Pharaoh did, but you are both independent and disobedient to His redemptive design.

You said the "Pharaoh hardening his heart and God hardening the Pharaoh's heart amount to the same thing." Man is not God. Man's hardening is not God's hardening. Man is not a robot. God will harden an already hardened heart or soften according to His good pleasure. Never does God violate man's sovereignty and free will He has given man made in His image. He is relational not a robot maker.

Piper was wrong to contradict himself to claim the first active instance was Pharaoh hardening his own heart first since that conflicts with his Calvinistic view that it is his god that is the first cause of the Pharaoh hardening. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). In God's realm we all have free will that is sufficiently supplied to receive the cross; whereas, in your fantasy land, people were born for Hell or were irresistibly caused and made to accept the cross. This is a demonic teaching of the same principles of Hitler, his treatment of the Jews allegedly born for the gas chambers and irresistibly selected Aryan race.

God did not choose you -- assuming you still continue to refuse to give your life to Christ -- because He could foresee you as a sovereign free willed being He made in His image and supplied with more than ample grace to accept the cross, yet you still refuse to come as a helpless sinner to receive what Jesus did for you to be regenerated. Your excuses given to you in your cult of Calvinism are a just a front for rejecting God and worshiping a false Christ.

Since God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him, He gives you the choice. How else can He state you are without excuse? Otherwise, all is just a charade and Jesus died for no reason at all, since in your realm people are just irresistibly selected anyway. Sick!

What you fail to understand is how God chooses. You just assume He chooses like a robot maker, but you could not be farther from the truth. God chooses those who accept His only begotten Son. Praise the Lord!

You're a heretic. And don't falsely accuse Christians come "all on their own," for OSAS Arminians believe that without God's grace none could come to Him (it is sufficient for all). What a great God that He can do this and your god can't! You're confused. I doubt you will ever give your life to Christ.

The difference between you and I is that I believe God's grace is sufficient for us all to have the free choice, and you believe salvation has to be irresistibly imposed or denied any opportunity for salvation (preterition). Suffice it to say your god can't do what God of the Bible does, so God trumps your evil god any day. Since you can't find any Scripture to support your view without inserting into the text that which is not explicitly stated, consider yourself delusional and an unregenerate.

Calvinism gives off the aura of zombies.

A hardened heart does not mean total depravity. Don't assume. Have some humility. However much grace God gives it is always sufficient to have the free choice. That's why the Bible can say you are "without excuse." You would have an excuse if you didn't have sufficient grace to have the free choice.

These are your OPINIONS and are NOT supported by scripture! There is NO passage anywhere in the Bible that says God gives EVERYONE sufficient grace to go to Christ and be saved! Quite the contrary, scripture teaches the very opposite.. that NO ONE can go to Christ unless the Father draws.. As far as any using the common grace of God to DO GOOD and SEEK God on his/her own ...THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED.. scripture is clear; there are NONE who seek God and NONE who do good .. NO NOT ONE! If you claim you have sought God on YOUR OWN by the common grace of God.. and made a CHOICE while still in your DEPRAVITY to go to Christ .. you CALL GOD A LIAR!

Romans 3:10-12
    “There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; (who has sought God on their own? )There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; (who has done good on their own?) There is none who does good, no, not one.”

"The Pharaoh, for example, even after 10 plagues still refused to repent, just as Calvinists refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. You just choose to express your hostility to God of the Bible in a different way than Pharaoh did, but you are both independent and disobedient to His redemptive design."
    The scriptures clearly say God hardened the Pharaoh's heart so he would NOT let the people go... that is NOT what I say .. that is what God says.. God did not say He was trying to get Pharaoh to repent.. but foreknew his free choice not to respond.. God says; “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I WILL harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go." Exodus 4:21

"You said the "Pharaoh hardening his heart and God hardening the Pharaoh's heart amount to the same thing." Man is not God. Man's hardening is not God's hardening. Man is not a robot. God will harden an already hardened heart or soften according to His good pleasure. Never does God violate man's sovereignty and free will He has given man made in His image. He is relational not a robot maker."
    The problem with your theory; is MOST of the passages that refer to Pharaohs heart being hardened; SPECIFICALLY say that it was God who hardened his heart .. those passages CANNOT contradict with the passages that say Pharaoh hardened his own heart.. God hardening the Pharaohs heart.. and Pharaoh hardening his own heart, MUST BOTH BE TRUE, or else scripture is in CONTRADICTION with itself.. Your solution is to focus on ONE passage that says Pharaoh hardened his own heart; and IGNORE the MANY passages that clearly say it was GOD who hardened his heart .. as though they were not there .. or do not mean what they say.. This is VERY dishonest of you.. you are picking and choosing passages that seem to say what you want them to say and ignoring many clear passages.. that contradict what you want to believe..

"Piper was wrong to contradict himself to claim the first active instance was Pharaoh hardening his own heart first since that conflicts with his Calvinistic view that it is his god that is the first cause of the Pharaoh hardening. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8)."
    But you forget; it is NOT just Piper or myself that teach BOTH that Pharaoh hardened his own heart AND that God hardened his heart.. IT IS GOD HIMSELF WHO TEACHES THIS! Are you accusing God Himself of being "double tongued"?

Exodus 7:3
    "And I WILL harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply My signs and
    My wonders in the land of Egypt."

I did not say this.. nor did Piper say this .. ALMIGHTY GOD said this.. and you are calling GOD HIMSELF A LIAR and claiming He DOES NOT MEAN what He clearly says!

"In God's realm we all have free will that is sufficiently supplied to receive the cross; whereas, in your fantasy land, people were born for Hell or were irresistibly caused and made to accept the cross. This is a demonic teaching of the same principles of Hitler, his treatment of the Jews allegedly born for the gas chambers and irresistibly selected Aryan race."
    These are just your emotional ramblings supported not by scripture, but HOW you feel God should be .. so they are NOT even worth a reply! Paul clearly teaches in Romans 9:21 that the Potter (God) has power over the clay to MAKE some vessels (men) for HONOR and some for DISHONOR.. but you refuse to believe what Paul says .. and insist it is not God who makes us one way or the other, BUT US.. which is in blatant contradiction of the scriptures

"God did not choose you -- assuming you still continue to refuse to give your life to Christ -- because He could foresee you as a sovereign free willed being He made in His image and supplied with more than ample grace to accept the cross, yet you still refuse to come as a helpless sinner to receive what Jesus did for you to be regenerated. Your excuses given to you in your cult of Calvinism are a just a front for rejecting God and worshiping a false Christ. Since God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him, He gives you the choice. How else can He state you are without excuse? Otherwise, all is just a charade and Jesus died for no reason at all, since in your realm people are just irresistibly selected anyway. Sick! What you fail to understand is how God chooses. You just assume He chooses like a robot maker, but you could not be farther from the truth. God chooses those who accept His only begotten Son. Praise the Lord!"
    The problem here is .. these are YOUR words.. and you are just assuming because they sound good they must be true.. BUT.. Christ did not say He chose those whom He foreknew would choose Him.. He very clearly says .. YOU DID NOT choose me .. but I chose you! You will not accept this.. but this is what He said! You are calling Christ a liar by saying He chooses those whom He foreknew would choose Him .. because He clearly says; "You DID NOT choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." John 15:16

If He only FOREKNEW those who would choose Him.. and did not choose them first.. then He LIED when He clearly said "You DID NOT CHOOSE ME but I CHOSE you and appointed you"

YOU ARE CALLING JESUS A LIAR and you HATE what He actually said .. so you try to change what He said ...to try to FORCE Him to be as YOU want Him to be.. which is JUST MAKING AN IDOL,.. you hate the Jesus of scripture with all your heart and being; and WILL NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE HIS WORDS... You will say a Calvinist is of SATAN for quoting Jesus, WORD FOR WORD! Jesus did have a reason for dying.. to save His ELECT! Jesus does NOT even pray for those in the world.. but ONLY for His ELECT whom His Father has GIVEN Him!

John 17:9
    “I pray for THEM. I DO NOT pray for the
    world but for those whom YOU HAVE GIVEN ME, for they are Yours. "

You're a heretic. And don't falsely accuse Christians come "all on their own," for OSAS Arminians believe that without God's grace none could come to Him (it is sufficient for all). What a great God that He can do this and your god can't! You're confused. I doubt you will ever give your life to Christ. The difference between you and I is that I believe God's grace is sufficient for us all to have the free choice, and you believe salvation has to be irresistibly imposed or denied any opportunity for salvation (preterition). Suffice it to say your god can't do what God of the Bible does, so God trumps your evil god any day. Since you can't find any Scripture to support your view without inserting into the text that which is not explicitly stated, consider yourself delusional and an unregenerate."
    The difference between you and I, is I have believed in the true Jesus .. you have accepted an idol jesus of your own making .. I believe what the scriptures say.. you take more stock in your FEELINGS and what YOU feel is right. You are calling the God of the Bible and the Jesus of scripture "an evil god"; because the things you are accusing me of teaching that you claim are heretical .. ARE THE WORDS OF GOD....NOT MY WORDS .. GOD's WORDS!.. You are saying GOD's words are Satanic.. that is what you are doing! YOU are the one who is unregenerate, or else you could NOT believe that man is not totally depraved and totally at enmity with God in his natural state.. YOU are of Satan .. you hate the word of God.. you hate God.. and you LOVE a IDOL you call jesus!

By the way .. was your jesus born on the devils birthday (Dec 25th) and are you getting all ready to honor your false pagan jesus .. with sun god tree idols.. sun god wreaths.. Yule (name of the sun god) logs .. and to get your kids to PRAY to Satan Clause and his demonic elves, for all their carnal worldly desires they COVET after .. and even leave him votive food and drink offerings of cookies and milk, to show what demonic pagan's you have made them?

Calvinism gives off the aura of zombies.
    I think you do .. as you are spiritually DEAD to every truth of scripture.. and you hate God with all your heart.. you are the walking dead.. and you could be saved if you would REPENT, but you are so depraved .. filthy and EVIL.. you cannot.. unless God quickens you .. but that is by the ELECTION OF GRACE!

Blog Entries

Indeed, you have sufficient grace to have the free choice. That's why God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him. Since you reject this God of the Bible realize you are going to Hell, because you refuse to come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior to be regenerated. How sad for you this is the type of person you want to be. God has drawn you, but you resist.

All People Are Sinners
    Rom. 3.9 Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles, [fn3] are under the power of sin. 10 As the Scriptures say,
    “No one is righteous—
    not even one.
    11 No one is truly wise;
    no one is seeking God.
    12 All have turned away;
    all have become useless.
    No one does good,
    not a single one.” [fn4]

This passage does not speak of Total depravity, but our sin nature. Man' sin nature rejects God, yet man is still made in His image and received the sufficient grace of God to have the free choice. Hence, we read,

Christ Took Our Punishment
    21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses [fn9] and the prophets long ago. 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

"People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood" (v.25). The choice is yours. God will not make you irresistibly choose Him, nor will He deny you sufficient grace to have that choice; otherwise, He would be sadistic in saying "when they believe..."

My prayer is one day you give your life to Christ, only then shall you be saved, not before.

No Christian would read the Bible the way you do always Satanically inserting into the text the opposite of what it says. It says "made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus" NOT "placing our faith in Jesus by being made right with God".

You're ass backwards!

Indeed, you have sufficient grace to have the free choice. That's why God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him.

Again... you saying it does not make it true.. Show me ANY passage where the NON elect.. or those whom God DID NOT CALL or PRE ORDAIN to be saved ... and those whom the Father DOES NOT DRAW .. have sufficient grace to make the choice and go to Christ ANYWAY... and be saved, even if they are NOT predestined to be saved!

THERE IS NO SUCH PASSAGE! God pleaded with Pharaoh to LET HIS PEOPLE GO, while simutaniously hardening his heart, so Pharaoh WOULD NOT do what he was being pleaded with to do! That is the ONLY way to honestly interpret ALL passages about God hardening the heart of Pharaoh..including Paul's New Testament interpretation in Romans 9!

Romans 9:16

"So then it is NOT of him who wills, nor of him who

runs, but of God who shows mercy."

In other words.. you can will to be saved ..and never be saved if you are non elect .. and run from being saved... and be saved anyway .. if you are ELECT.. it is not about YOUR will... it is about God's will.. and whom HE shows mercy on!

Romans 9:18

"Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He

wills He hardens."

Notice, it is about God's will, not our own will.. God hardens whom He wills to harden.. and has mercy by bringing to repentance.. whom He will have MERCY ON!

Since you reject this God of the Bible realize you are going to Hell, because you refuse to come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior to be regenerated. How sad for you this is the type of person you want to be. God has drawn you, but you resist.

I HAVE came to the cross a helpless sinner BY MY OWN FREE WILL and deeply repented and put my trust in Christ entirely .. I trust faith in Christ alone for my salvation! Where did my faith come from though .. was it self generated?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that

NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the GIFT of God," Ephesians 2:8

"For who makes you differ from another? And what do you

have that you did not RECEIVE? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do

you boast as if you had not received it?" 1 Corinthians 4:7

All People Are Sinners

Rom. 3.9 Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles, [fn3] are under the power of sin. 10 As the Scriptures say,

“No one is righteous—not even one.11 No one is truly wise;

no one is seeking God.

12 All have turned away;

all have become useless.

No one does good,

not a single one.” [fn4]

This passage does not speak of Total depravity, but our sin nature. Man' sin nature rejects God, yet man is still made in His image and received the sufficient grace of God to have the free choice. Hence, we read,

Christ Took Our Punishment

21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses [fn9] and the prophets long ago. 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

"People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood" (v.25). The choice is yours. God will not make you irresistibly choose Him, nor will He deny you sufficient grace to have that choice; otherwise, He would be sadistic in saying "when they believe..."

All people are evil .. you distort Romans 3:9 to mean all people have just messed up .. but have basically good hearts .. so can go to Christ on their own accord.... Romans 3:9 actually speaks of TOTAL depravity .. read it again! .. It speaks of a totally WICKED people who DO NOT SEEK GOD .. ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD.. MOUTHS FULL OF CURSES AND BITTERNESS,...with VENOM OF ASPS under their lips.. and absolutely NO fear of God or reverence for Him before their eyes.. they HATE Him with every fiber of thier being.. as YOU hate Him .. You utterly hate Him with all your heart and soul.. and love a demon idol jesus .. you have made in your carnal image .. who accepts everyone .. even those of the world .. whom the TRUE Jesus refused to even PRAY for! Belief is faith, and scripture makes clear ..faith does not come from within .. it is not self generated.. it is a GIFT of God.. so only those whom God gives the gift of faith to CAN believe.. and true faith will RESULT in keeping the righteous requirements of the law.. as a FRUIT.. and without that fruit of OBEYING the righteous requirement of the law.. faith is DEAD .. in other words.. Faith justifies.. but true faith will always result in being conformed to the image of Christ and KEEPING HIS COMMANDMENTS; and if anyone claims to know Him or claims to believe and DOES NOT keep HIS COMMNDMENTS.. he is a LIAR and the TRUTH IS NOT in him!

God gives us all the ability to make choices and free will .. but the problem is mans evil nature and being totally depraved.. A totally depraved man cannot believe and cannot have faith UNLESS God GIVES him his faith!

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

"But the natural man DOES NOT receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are FOOLISHNESS to him; nor CAN he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Notice the NATURAL man CANNOT know things of the Spirit of God.. and DOES NOT receive them.. and the message of the Cross is just FOOLISHNESS to him .. so HOW can a carnal man receive the Gospel .. if he cannot know it .. or receive it .. and it is just foolishness to him? Answer.. he CANNOT.. GOD has to OPEN his heart to receive it .. which comes by the election of grace!

My prayer is one day you give your life to Christ, only then shall you be saved, not before.

No Christian would read the Bible the way you do always Satanically inserting into the text the opposite of what it says. It says "made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus" NOT "placing our faith in Jesus by being made right with God".

You're ass backwards!

We are made right by placing our faith in Jesus .. but faith is NOT of ourselves .. it is NOT self generated .. it is a GIFT.. so we are made right by being GIVEN the GIFT of FAITH .. by ELECTION!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that

NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the GIFT of God," Ephesians 2:8

You are the one saying the opposite of what the Bible says.. you are a heretic.. and mostly just quote yourself and your feelings! Scripture is on MY side.. not yours... I pray God may one day in His good pleasure OPEN your heart to receive the truth... but that is up to Him .. your fate lies in the good pleasure of God's will!

Blog Entries

Since you can't find any verses in Scripture to support your irresistibly imposed salvation without inserting into the text, realize you worship a false Christ. One of many mistakes I see you making is assuming when God ordains that it means irresistibly imposing salvation though is not explicitly stated; but that goes contrary to the many verses that say similar things such as take of the water of life freely in which God implores and pleads with you to believe in Him.

Jesus pleads with ANY who DESIRE to take FREELY of the water of life.. but HOW do we come to desire? We have to believe in Jesus to desire Him .. right? How do we believe? Belief is faith and faith is a GIFT.. we come to desire Him by being GIVEN the GIFT of faith; and THIS is how we are saved, and Paul makes clear it is NOT OF OURSELVES, it is a GIFT OF GOD! We still have a free choice..but.. If God GIVES us faith, we will not be able to HELP but desire the water of life.. we will LONG for it .. because we love Jesus! If God DOES NOT give us our faith .. we will remain carnal .. and NOT be able to go to Jesus .. because .. we will remain at enmity with Him .. and will NOT want to go to Him! NO evil, carnal, self centered man, is going to just wake up one day .. and come to the conclusion that his WHOLE LIFE has been a LIE.. everything he has done.. even his VERY best works are FILTH.. and want to GIVE UP EVERYTHING; and go to Christ to be remade a NEW CREATION! Man loves himself by nature, JUST as he is..filthy, wicked, selfish and EVIL; and he will NOT want to change or go to Christ for regeneration! Just go ask a random "gay married couple", if they would like to receive the water of life.. to change them .. so they will no longer be homosexuals.. and so they will die to everything they now love; and see what they say! The water of life has power to rid you of ALL the SINS you now LOVE.. NO CARNAL MAN IS GOING TO WANT THAT on his own! Most professing Christians do not want that.. but still love their sins.. and want to use grace as an EXCUSE to keep sinning... They have NO desire for regeneration which comes by drinking of the water of life!

Blog Entries

That makes no sense at all that God pleads with people to receive new life by believing on Him after they already did. You are delusional.

When someone appeals to you to believe a certain fact, it is because you have not yet done it.

Surely, you are a mad.

The reason you have not received the gift of faith is because you don't search God out with all your heart and soul. You've put up a barrier of self and delusional ideas you have fabricated with it that feed your flesh. God says if you search Him out with all your heart and soul, you shall find Him. Trust in Him.

You can't save yourself delusionally by declaring you are irresistibly selected. Tear down your high place and shrine you have built for yourself called Total depravity and Calvinism. God will never receive you that way of yourself.

The one thing you can do is make a genuine choice for Christ. God has not prevented you from doing so no matter how depraved you have become. His grace is sufficient for all. Your god can't do this so God trumps your god every time.

You lose. You're on the losing team. The Bible declares the winners already.

Thread Information