Thread: Boasting in Your Salvation

Blog Entries

Default Boasting in Your Salvation

Re: http://www.youtube.com/user/AwesomeGuy776

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeguy776
    So are you saying I am going to hell? I was an arminian when i placed my faith and trust in Jesus' atonement so I know I am born again. I still love you even though you judge me. I am neutral right now because I don't know what is the truth and I wanted you to help me.

God does not show favoritism but calvinism seems to imply favoritism. And Jesus died for the whole world. not just the ones who would believe. John 3:16

But what you said does not make sense.

Arminianism gives man a reason to boast in the end. If by my cooperation with the Spirit of God I remain faithful to the end, I can boast (a little) about how I was able to stay the course and finish the race. However, there will be no boasting in heaven except to boast in the Lord (1 Corinthians 1:31).
    Since you don't know now, you admit, but claim you knew back then, you are not actually saved now and never were since you are not sure if you had the free choice to repent and believed in Christ to be regenerated.

You have contradicted yourself because you claim Arminians negatively boast yet you claim Jesus died for all to save whosoever is willing which is Arminian. You're doubleminded. You can't have it both ways. Stop talking out the side of your face.

Can a Christian boast? In a sense yes. Picture a believer who has been in the New City and New Earth. Surely he can claim it better to have chosen heaven than hell. You might call that boasting, but I call it the right choice for Christ. Whereas someone in Hell where you are going certainly couldn't boast of that.

You can't boast of staying the course for the Bible says salvation is not by works lest anyone should boast. You boast in yourself like a Roman Catholic non-OSASer. Is salvation by works for a person to boast? The Bible says clearly not.

What you believe makes no sense at all -- total confusion.

Blog Entries

Give me your interpretation and I will tell you how you misread it. Better to start from that point so you can have a change of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy776
    Verse: "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will harden whom I will harden"

Interpretation: I interpret this as meaning God has extra mercy on certain people.

Verse: "19 You will say to me then, "Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?" 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "Why have you made me like this?" 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory"

Interpretation: I interpret this as God hardens people and paul gives a figurtive argument "why does he still find fault" but paul refutes that by saying "God does what he wants, get over it"

Verse "Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?"

Interpretation: And It seems to imply that God makes people for the purpose of hell

Rom 9:13
    "Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

I'm guessing this is referring to nations or a group of people since Jacob was renamed Israel.
    As was already said in a previous email it is not extra mercy but sufficient mercy.

Even Piper who is a Calvinist and confused, said the first active instance of the Pharaoh's heart hardening was hardening his own heart first.

Paul is not giving a figurative argument, but the actual condition. What God does is just and righteous so get over it, e.g. get over your idea you were irresistibly selected for that is you worshiping a false Christ. He doesn't do it your way.

That you think God creates people for Hell is just more evidence you are not a Christian. How evil of you. God has made you dishonorable, not in the way you think though, by irresistibly making you that way, but because even today you still refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. That's why you have never been a Christian and probably never will be. And that's sad.

Why did God hate Esau? Because He foreknew his free choice to reject God's love. Naturally, the nations that follow benefit with blessings.

I guess you're not an awesome guy after all. You're a bad guy who has chosen to eternally separate himself from his Creator.

Thread Information