Thread: The Amish are the Devil's Playground

Blog Entries

Default The Amish are the Devil's Playground

The Amish are correct baptism follows new birth, but that's about all they got right. The Amish believe you must be baptized to be saved, but nowhere in Scripture is that required. Moreover, baptism is burial and resurrection with Christ into a new living hope with Christ in which after being saved, he or she feels like a sojourner no longer belonging to the world, having died to the world, down into the water figuratively, and coming up out of the water out of the world figuratively. This intuitive sense and feeling can be accompanied by physical water baptism or not to let others know you are in the Church. Certainly don't submit yourself in baptism to some denomination though.

When an Amish child turns 16 they are forced to have to make a decision from their Amish upbringing to stay that way or to venture out into the world to be something else. This is an unnatural imposition. Free will does not begin at 16 years old necessarily. It exists at all ages. The age of accountability differs for everyone, for we each develop differently.

The Amish use no electricity, but God does not demand upon us such asceticism. Remember, God does not go after sin (commonly called "the root of sin") nor does God require us impose asceticism upon our bodies, but He goes after our flesh by bringing to death our "old man" on the cross with Christ. Flesh is defined as the old creation or sin nature with its sin of the body and self of the soul. By old creation I don't mean God created man sinful. Rather from the fall of the first Adam we are all born into sin.

God wants us to confront the world, improve the world, not cut ourselves off from the world, for this world will be transformed in the coming millennial kingdom. The regeneration of the world is mentioned Matt. 19: "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (v.28).

The Amish legalize passages that say not to be of the world. One can still live in the world but not be of the world.

The Amish believe you should grow a beard after getting married rather than putting a ring on your finger. Both are just as vain. I'm not sure where women are suppose to grow their hair out when they get married.

The Amish believe women are the weaker sex which is, of course, discrimination.

The Amish believe you should have at least 12 children. Of course, that is sinful and selfish because the world is overpopulated. It is restricting the development of one's gifts and talents and is impersonal for a parent to allocate their time to so many children.

Because Amish kids are so repressed, their parties are usually several hundred kids in the need to let it out. It is quite unfair to a child to have to transition to the world they know nothing about all of a sudden.

The Amish are under educated believing that education leads to pride. What about the pride of not getting an education and exalting yourself over others by dumbing yourself down? I've seen people behave this way. Yet most Amish kids have cell phones which were created through innovations of educated minds. They remain in the same one school room to the age of 13. They are expected to drop out of school by grade 8.

I hear lots Amish asking themselves after they left their Amish church whether they are going to heaven or hell? They define the destination in relation to being Amish or not, but that is all wrong and would be salvation by works to boast by. To go to heaven one simply needs to come to the cross as a helpless sinner and receive the Lord Jesus as Savior. Accepting the deity of Christ and receiving Him for salvation what He did on the cross by paying the ransom for the sins of the world automatically places you in the church locality you live at. There are non denominations or cults of a local church. They may exist within the locality, but are not part of the church locality.

A common phrase used by the Amish is "good intentions pave the way to hell." The reason I point this out is because it is the good intentions of the Amish that pave their way to Hell since they believe in salvation by works, not by faith alone to receive initial salvation to be kept once saved always saved. I recall going to a Pentecostal (gibberish babbler) church one time much to my waste of time and the speaker after doing various psychic readings for people in the pews then had the audacity to stand up before others and say he is not a psychic. The funny thing is several of his psychic readings of individuals never came true. So fake, pretentious and lacking genuine faith! The Bible directly speaks against mediums and psychics. The Amish often say "if I don't change my ways, I won't get to heaven" again, reiterating the false salvation they have been taught by their parents growing up, since salvation is not by works lest anyone should boast. It seems sometimes there is no end to the depths of Satan's deceptions whether it be Pentecostalism, Amish or any number of other varied deceptions Satan confounds people with. This is spiritual warfare!

In summary, one can step back and reflect how people are so shallow and undiscerning that they can even be taken in by this garbage.

I feel the biggest problem with them is they do not follow the great commission.
    Put Christ first.

Blog Entries

To isolate themselves would not be sharing the gospel.

Thread Information