I discovered recently this same person 'Relativist' actually has a deeper seated reason for rejecting God of the Bible that was never mentioned previously in the above discussion and not brought to my attention until now. As a young child in school she had a confrontation with a teacher about God being a man, and she thinks it is offensive that God is a man.

My response would be that God is spirit, neither man nor woman, before time and space of the 3 Persons of the Godhead. However, in order to atone for the sins of the world God must enter creation and does so being Christ Jesus, the 2nd Person of and fullness of the Godhead bodily. Interestingly, the Holy Spirit who is the 3rd Person of the Godhead has some feminine qualities in the Hebrew and at other times masculine pronouns are used. The 1st Person takes on the role of the Father from the Holy Trinity.

The question would be why did God choose to be a man to atone for sins of the world instead of a woman? Any ideas? As I ponder this question, I would say the reason is because men seem to be more sinful and selfish than women so who better to come in the likeness of sinful flesh as a man. Were not wars, rape and crime committed by more men than women? I am sure there are other reasons if you can think of some. It seems more powerful and effective seeing a man up on a cross than a woman as man sins profusely in this world with his hands, feet, brow (mind), heart, back and mouth. All these sinful parts of our old man that died were pierced entirely for those who gave their lives to Christ died on the cross with Him.

An additional point. Her brother believes Jesus came in different forms in other faiths and religions, but that is easy to disprove because self-contradictory faiths cannot both be true. It shows you God is no respecter of persons. How can someone so smart be so wrong? Because his guiding principle is hostility to God. I bet her brother has a more deep seated reason for rejecting Jesus than just this surface rationalization of pantheism. Perhaps it is due to the hurt from the incredibly evil nature of the divorce of her parents when it was found out their father allegedly was having an affair for decades with a woman they never knew about. That is quite disturbing. It makes their upbringing seem like a lie and not a loving family as was thought because their father was like Satan the father of lies. And the fallout is that though they are forgiving of him, consequently they reject Jesus and His Father. We should not make excuses for their free choice though, because we have all received sufficient common grace which is why the Bible says we are "without excuse" (Rom. 1.20).