Thread: John 6:41-51

Default John 6:41-51

John 6:41-59

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

41 Then the Jews began to complain about Jesus. That was because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Isn’t this Jesus, the son of Joseph? Don’t we know his father and mother? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”
    43 “Stop complaining among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me brings him. Then I will raise him up on the last day.
    45 “It is written in the Prophets, ‘God will teach all of them.’ (Isaiah 54:13) Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
    46 “No one has seen the Father except the One who has come from God. Only he has seen the Father. 47 What I’m about to tell you is true. Everyone who believes has life forever.
    48 “I am the bread of life. 49 Long ago your people ate the manna in the desert, and they still died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven. A person can eat it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Everyone who eats some of this bread will live forever. The bread is my body. I will give it for the life of the world.”

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
    Copyright © 1996, 1998 by Biblica

These are my thoughts please share yours.

41 People did not like a different teaching as they should have but, what they did not realize is Jesus was the fulfilling of the teaching they had been given. We should guard our ears from the unthruths of the world. We should not focus on doing it so much that we miss the truth though.
    42 Knowledge can be a factor of doubt as is hear. They learned who they though Him to be and left it at that, blinding themselves from the truth.
    43 The did not want to be heard for what they were saying, It would be nice if this were still the cause with unbelief.
    44 He pleases them by telling them the Father has the power at the same time they get upset because He is claiming to be factor for God,which He is and more. We will be raised by Jesus to continue our relationship with Him.
    45 Isaiah 54:13. All our learning is a blessing from God. The Father's will is evryone come to Christ.
    46 Jesus came from the Father so He truly knows Him like no other. No one but the Son has seen the Father in all His glory.
    47 If we accept the truth we have life. The truth is till true if one does not accept it. Life given as the relationship is built between us and God at accepting the truth of the gospel.
    48-50 God gave food or manna to the Israelities in the wilderness but they needed more later. We eat this bread once we won't need it again because it will stay with us and carry us to the new life with Christ. Both manna and the Bread of life were given by the Father for the needs of his people.
    51 Jesus again tells them that He came from the Father. He tells them that He can lead them to life. He also giving them a hint of what His death is for.
    Put Christ first.

Blog Entries

Your grammar sucks. How can you be so careless and unconscientious? You said "hear" instead of "here." You said "The did not" when you meant "They did not". "...were saying, It..." should be "...were saying. It..." You said, "They did not want to be heard.... It would be nice if this were still the cause with unbelief." This is the cause of their unbelief. Why suggest otherwise? "is till true" should be "is still true". You wrote "John 6:41-59" when you meant "John 6:41-51".

I do consider among the ASV, KJV, RSV, NIV and NLT that NIV is the poorest translation and likewise so would the NIRV be. You realize each new Bible versions requires a 5% difference in order to qualify for copyright protection so the motivation is all wrong for creating the NIRV. All these Bible versions say "draw" not "bring" except the NIRV. That being said "bring him" (v.42) is inappropriate because what God is doing is drawing, not necessarily bringing. God draws everyone, but He doesn't bring everyone. He draws everyone but many "draw back unto perdition" (Heb. 10.39) so they were not brought. This would agree with verse 45 which says, "Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me" indicating free choice and not irresistibly imposed regeneration as Calvinists teach.

What a bizarre thing for the NIRV to say "some of this bread" rather than what all the other versions which simply say "of this bread." The emphasis should be on Christ typified by the bread, not merely some of the bread. I think such a distinction is stimulating one's soul at the expense of one's spirit. For example, when you read it simply, you don't start cogitating over all the bread or some of the bread. When a person eats the bread they are eating, in fact, all of what Jesus provides even though it may not fully be translated yet in experience.

You might be interested to know that BibleGateway.com is a Calvinist run organization so use something else like blueletterbible.org instead.

I used the Nirv because it is simple to read. It is not perfect but it is simple.
    Put Christ first.

Blog Entries

NLT is both easier to read and more accurate.

Thread Information