Thread: How Well is the Alberta Racquetball Association Doing Promoting Racquetball?

Blog Entries

Exclamation How Well is the Alberta Racquetball Association Doing Promoting Racquetball?

How well is the Alberta Racquetball Association doing under John Halko and Barbara May? How many players are there from the Edmonton area in the top 40 in Canada? (only myself). There is a judgment by God upon John Halko and Barbara May from the Edmonton area for banning a Christian for life so there is an underperformance in the "Alberta Players in Top 20" in Canada.

Participants / Men's Open /
    () Juniors
    Combined
    w/Provincials
    x - no Open
    TGCA
    Memorial
    Calgary
    Calgary Open Edmonton Open Alberta Closed Alberta Juniors
    Separate
    Event
    Alberta Closed + Alberta Juniors Lethbridge Grande Prairie Calgary Juniors Calgary Doubles GARC
    Juniors
    Nationals in
    Alberta
    Junior
    Nationals
    in
    Alberta
    Alberta Players in Top 20 (excl. myself)
    2007 67/17 2
    2008 63/17 112/6 0 (31) 112/6 2
    2009 50/10 25/0 161 2
    2010 67/6 33/5 21 54/5 1
    2011 55/10 59/9 0 (19) 59/9 42/5 32 35 1
    2012 43/9 72/8 * 36/8 22 58/8 18/0 31 1
    2013 40/12 42/12** 62/11 0 (21) 62/11 28/7 27/0 22 1
    2014 59/16 30/9 57/9 0 (19) 57/9 34 10 54 1
    2015** 46/12 18/x 51/12 0 (15) 51/12 30 0***
    2016 terrible! 39/11 Halko
    gone!
    Barb May
    Fired!
    33/4 0 (8) 33/4
    '17 Things Are Looking Up!!!
    67/9

* last tournament at Mayfield (closed down)
    ** 2015 was a pathetic year for racquetball (2016 even worse), only 1 singles tournament before the Nationals in May. If you didn't think things could worse at the helm of Barbara May and John Halko, think again! They are incompetent. The 2015 Alberta Provincials officially had the worse turnout in the history of our province both in terms of number of entrants overall and the number of juniors attending.
    *** Coby Iwaasa quit racquetball to go on a 2 year missionary tour in Japan for his Mormon faith. Of course, Mormons are going to Hell according to the Bible because they reject the Triune God who was alone from everlasting. They reject the uncreated Creator. Mormons are what you might call "Supernatural Atheists".

In examining this trend we can notice a couple of things:

(1) prior to 2010, on r2sports there were only 1 or 2 regular tournaments per year in Alberta (I was banned for life from the Alberta Racquetball Association in 2009);

(2) participants in the Edmonton Open tournament are dropping (excl. the last tournament at the Mayfield where a concerted effort was made to try to get players to play in the tournament who haven't played in years such as Chris Aasen and Jeff Miller);

(3) the low number of top ranked players in Canada from Edmonton (if it was not for myself ranked #13th in Canada, there would be no players from the Edmonton area in the top 50 in Canada) *;

(4) the number of players in the combined Alberta Closed and Alberta Juniors has been cut in half from 2008 to 2012 (some years the ARA combines these two events, other years keeps them separate);

(5) there was a 31% drop in juniors from 2011 (32) to 2013 (22) which does not bode well for the future. Everything is crumbling around the tag team of John Halko and Barbara May ever since they banned a Christian in 2009 from playing in tournaments in Alberta;

(6) the quality of players in the Open divisions are considerably less with the exception of Coby Iwaasa so in cases where you see an increase in the number in Open, it's really less. For example, I don't recall ever being 2nd in Alberta. Now I am by quite a wide margin;

(7) In summary: players are just not inspired by the heavily overweight John Halko and Barbara May. For a sport that is to encourage healthy living, should the president of Alberta Racquetball be that fat along with his obese cohort Barbara May? I think it speaks volumes about their emotional and spiritual condition. When you are abusive towards a Christian the flesh-sin of the body and self of the soul-erects itself self-righteously. As a consequence, you can see how deluded that flesh is in being so fat.

* And make note John Halko and Barbara May are looking into ways to try to get me banned from Racquetball Canada using the President of Racquetball Canada Jack McBride. This is some seriously nefarious activity all because I exposed Barbara May for lying to protect her hide. She is attempting to cover up her deceit through deflection and sinning bear false witness. These three individuals are non-Christians, hostile to my faith which says according to the 66 books of the Bible they are going to Hell for rejecting Christ as their Lord and Savior, God in the likeness of flesh. May this help lead you to Christ by comparing how non-Christians behave towards God's children. Religious discrimination is a sure sign something is wrong in the heart of man.

** Latest year (2013) worse showing ever in history of Edmonton Racquetball. How well are John Halko and Barbara May promoting racquetball?

Blog Entries

How many players from each province are in the top 100 in Canada (Feb. 5, 2013)? What is the population of each province (2011)? How many (players in the top 100 for a province) / (population of that province)?

BC 21 4.4 million 1 in 209,523 people
    AB 9 3.6 million 1 in 400,000 people*
    SK 12 1.0 million 1 in 83,333 people
    MB 3 1.2 million 1 in 400,000 people*
    ON 18 12.9 million 1 in 717,666 people
    QC 36 7.9 million 1 in 219,444 people
    NS 1 0.9 million 1 in 900,000 people

Removing the outliers, NS (population too small) and ON (population too large), the province that is under performing is Alberta at 1 in 400,000, whereas SK is outperforming at 1 in 83,333. Who is responsible for racquetball in Alberta?

John Halko, president of the Alberta Racquetball Association, and Barbara May, government liaison, receive a failing grade. If they were running a corporation I would not feel confident in their competence. The data does not lie!

* The next ranked player in Alberta is Cam Bourque 125th in Canada. But Manitoba has an additional 11 players ranked from 104 to 121. As you can see Alberta Racquetball is suffering under the incompetency of Barbara May and John Halko big time!

Blog Entries

There is Nothing to be Gained Playing in Alberta Racquetball Tournaments

When I think about the loss of not playing in the Alberta sanctioned tournaments due to being banned by John Halko and Barbara May for life, I quickly realize in terms ranking and the number of tournaments I can play, I wouldn't have played in any Alberta tournaments in 2012 or 2013 anyhow (I picked up the racquet again March 15, 2012). Even so it would have been nice to see some people from racquetball who I haven't seen in years, particularly from southern Alberta.

My first tournament of the season was the Saskatoon Open (Oct. 19, 2012). Then I played in the Saskatchewan Open (Nov. 2-4, 2012) which was held at the same time as the Edmonton Open. I was benefited by beating Ashton Duda #9 in Canada, ranked higher than all the players in the Edmonton Open at the time. Then I played in the Selection Event in Kelowna (Nov. 23-25, 2012) which was held at the same time as the 1st Annual Eastlink Centre tournament in Grand Prairie, Alberta. The next tournament for me was the Precision Sports Open in Regina (Jan. 10-13, 2013). This tournament was held at the same time as 2013 Tom Holmwood Memorial in Calgary (aka Calgary Open). Again, I was benefited which put me 12th in Canada. It's hard to deny how turn of events unfolded to give me the highest ranking I have ever had at the age of 45 years old, thanks to John Halko and Barbara May. As a result I am the #1 player in Canada 40+ and 2nd in Canada 35+ right behind Mike Green who is #1 in Canada.

Next, I went to the Selection Event in Brossard, QC (Feb. 2-4, 2013). I had a cold this tournament which had carried on through to the Keystone in Winnipeg (Feb. 7-10, 2013) and just getting over by the time of the Saskatoon Classic (Mar. 8-10, 2013). However, I did not lose my ranking as a result of my play even though I did not play well which was a stroke of luck. In between was the Lethbridge Memorial (Feb. 22-23, 2013) which was the height of my cold so there was no way I was going to that one. I would have otherwise, if allowed to play in it.

The Alberta Provincials is March 22-24, 2013. But I can't play two tournaments a week apart. My shoulder is just too sore to do that. Instead, I am going to the Loose Moose Open in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (March 29-31, 2013). Moreover, if I played in the Alberta Provincials, I would be at risk of losing to Mitch Brayley and Ryan Powell and be their tracking player. Ultimately though, John Halko and Barbara May are hurting these two players by preventing them from playing me. Funny how things work out. I feel the touch of God's hand in this sordid affair.

In conclusion, as it turns out, playing in Alberta tournaments doesn't help my ranking (I am #2 in Alberta, Coby Iwaasa is #1) so if there is another tournament within a week or two of an Alberta tournament which is usually the case, I would be better off going to that one. It would help if I could beat Coby Iwaasa, but that would be just short of a miracle.

I think Alberta Racquetball is hurt because it is likely I would lose to a couple of players in Alberta who would gain my ranking (currently 13th in Canada), but are blocked from having this opportunity because John Halko and Barbara May have banned me for life. Consider this a self-inflicted wound due to their sin, abusive behavior towards me, and discrimination against a Christian.

Blog Entries

2015 Alberta Provincials had the worse turnout in the history of our province: 51 entrants and only 12 juniors.

Attachment 400
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alberta_turnout.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	401  

Blog Entries

Another way you can determine whether the ARA (i.e. John Halko and Barbara May) is doing a good job is see how many players are ranked players from Alberta. Every year it keeps going down ever since Halko and May have been in power. As of the June 2, 2015 update there are only 75 players ranked from Alberta. That is a pathetic showing considering the fact we have 6 facilities in Edmonton alone with 3 or more courts, one with 4 courts, and many more facilities with at least one court. The problem in large part is they do little to introduce the sport of racquetball to elementary and junior high school students. So their approach is doomed to fail whatever they do because they avoid the one essential thing -- getting kids excited! If Halko and May lack the spirit, no wonder why the spirit of racquetball is dead in Alberta. How could kids ever get inspired by the two fattest people in the sport of racquetball today? They might think, "I'd better not play this sport or I will end up like them." There is no interclub let alone a ranked interclub. And they really shy away from running more than just a few bare bone tournaments across Albert per year so they do as little work as possible. They are fat and lazy!

The ARA is a joke in my humble opinion. I am free to say this and tell the truth because I have been banned since 2009 from playing in Alberta racquetball sanctioned tournaments though I can play in any tournament across Canada. If the ARA was a business in the private sector it would have long since gone bankrupt. And when I say ARA I am specifically referring to only Barbara May and John Halko. The ARA needs fresh new board members with new eyes and new ideas. Creativity is sorely lacking. Plus, it doesn't help when the morality of Barb is to lie to protect her hide to cover up her negligence at my expense. She's an unrepentant sinner. She is willing to hurt another to protect her serfdom, and Halko is no better because he attacks the Christian also and does not hold her accountable, but is aiding and abetting in her crime. This is their legacy and what they are remembered for. There is another word for this -- evil!

Blog Entries

The 2015 Edmonton Open had only 15 entrants and no Open players. They literally combined the Open/A division. That's a new one. Barbara May who is running the tournament is clueless. How does Barb sleep at night knowing she is this incompetent along with John Halko destroying racquetball in Edmonton and Alberta? It would eat away at me if my performance was this level. I would feel guilty contributing nothing to racquetball. Maybe they don't care and they don't have a conscience to care. After all they are atheists, partners in crime, and antichrist.

Blog Entries

Since Barbara May got fired from her job, and John Halko is no longer on the board of the Alberta Racquetball Association, the turnout for the 2016 Edmonton Open jumped from 18 players last year to over 40 players this year and from no Open division to 10 players in the Open division.

Blog Entries

Since Barbara May was fired and John Halko was demoted from president of the ARA, racquetball has been looking up for 2017.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alberta_racquetball_history.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	507

Thread Information