Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar
That what is said in John 17:3 means that eternal life is to know true God. But how to know true God? Is faith alone enough? No. Works of faith (not works of human fallen nature) are necessary too:

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?” (James 2:14)

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.” (James 2:24) Is this what I cited word of God or not? Word of God, of course.

Look at other verses in my last post and many other in The Holy Scripture.
Let The Lord Jesus Christ drive away from you all devils who attack your soul!

Aleksandar
To "know" God for initial salvation that can never be lost is by being born-again wherein one's spirit is quickened and where regeneration takes place (given eternal life an ability to know God and future blessings). You can't be born-again AGAIN! How absurd! God is no fool; He does not give multiple eternal lifes, nor does He give eternal life to someone that it could be lost. He simply doesn't give it to you to begin with even though you could be delusional in thinking you have it. When He gives eternal life it is once and forever. To think otherwise is salvation by works. Everyone of His elect receive eternal life when they are born-again. The non-elect never receive it, not now, not ever.

You're confusing initial salvation with a deeper knowing of God that follows through a daily relationship with God and works as well. You can't know God initially unless you are born-again, given eternal life. God only gives eternal life once, not lost then given again then lost then given yet again. What a strange salvation that would be the one you have. Works follow the new birth. A work that is not God's will even though one is saved is thrown out. But a work that is in God's will is rewarded. One is justified by faith for initial salvation. One is justified by works after one is saved unto rewards. Do you see how you misunderstand James 2.14,24? Those who are born-again "they shall never perish" (John 10.28). Your treatment of these verses in James conflict with what John 10.28 says; whereas I have no such conflict. Since you admit you can yet perish in your faith, it shows you were never saved; therefore, you are going to Hell as you wish and that's easy to see.

Presently, you are not born-again, that is, you still have the evil spirit in your innerman so you are going to Hell. The Holy Spirit has not come into your spirit. If you want to receive eternal life, you must give your life to the God who keeps, humbly accepting you can't keep yourself saved nor lose salvation, since that is salvation by works, lest anyone should boast. How Satan has got a hold of you think you are saved when you are not! His counterfeit salvation has succeeded in you because you exalt yourself in your own strength against an infinitely great God. You're in popular company though since the whole Roman Church, Eastern Orthodox, Weslyans, so many denominations and popular speakers like William Lane Craig are going to Hell with you for the exact same reason. You guys say a person can lose salvation; God of the Bible says it is impossible for those who are born-again. My prayer though is one day you give your life to Christ.

Not much of a "little flock" (Luke 12.32). You're part of a great system of religious Rome: a mustard seed that grew into a great tree with branches that birds like demons land on, for which the New City is not big enough to hold (only 1379 x 1379 miles). Non-OSASers are going to Hell. The little flock are the OSAS Arminians. There are so few of us. My prayers go out to you for know not what you do.