I went and saw the movie Rock of Ages (2012) in the theatres last night and this music seemed fairly harmless. What harm could this music do? And I even thought to myself it is a nice change of pace from always singing about Jesus and salvation, love and peace in the Holy Spirit, and the promise of eternal blessings to those who love Him and accept who He truly is.

But upon reflection the Holy Spirit moved me to the truth the following day. I listened to this Christian music which is focused on Christ.

Just from listening to a few Christian songs, the truth began to unfold that the Rock of Ages is not music that reaches to the deepest part of our being, and it induces us to value the flesh more, its desires and aspirations, passions and lusts, for the love of money and fame.

It was about strippers, women prostituting themselves, homosexuality, getting drunk continuously and justifying this as a way of life as just as acceptable as living a holy life in Christ by being born-again. If you place all these things in a good humoured atmosphere such things can be justified ever so slightly in one's conscience. Satan never hits you over the head with a bat to make you do things his way. He always makes it convincing and presentable to your senses to follow his way of doing things.

At the end of the day the music in Rock of Ages gets old real fast. It is not lasting even though it was neat listening to all those songs again. Think what matters for eternity, your spirit's intuition, communion and conscience, not short-lived emotional appeals to your outerman to live a soulish life.