Thread: Did Jesus Confirm a Covenant for 7 Years Split Up by Two 3 1/2 Year Periods?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Markusanthem
    Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
    Amen. Too bad you think "the people of the prince" who are the Romans are the people of Jesus.

If "the prince that shall come" is the antichrist, then you should have confirming scripture that proves it. Because God said just about everything more than once.

Show me one scripture that says and confirms that the antichrist (man of sin) will destroy Jerusalem and the Temple (the city and the sanctuary).

If you cannot, which you cannot (because there isn't any), then you will know that your idea is dead wrong.
    I don't believe the Antichrist will destroy the Temple. Why would you want me to find a verse for something I don't believe in? Strange.

"His army will take over the Temple fortress, pollute the sanctuary, put a stop to the daily sacrifices, and set up the sacrilegious object that causes desecration" (Dan. 11.31). How can the Antichrist set up a sacrilegious object if the Temple is destroyed? The Temple is not destroyed during the Tribulation (Rev. 11.2). "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, whoso readeth, let him understand" (Matt. 24.15).

But in 70 AD the Temple was destroyed by the people (Romans) of the prince that shall come (Antichrist). I was thinking you were confused, because the Antichrist doesn't come 70 AD, only his people do for they are of the same spirit, not the spirit of Jesus. It is at the end of this age the Antichrist of all antichrists comes, because the Antichrist is resurrected who is Neron Kaisar (666 in Aramaic) who is released from the pit (Rev. 9.3).

Show me one scripture that says and confirms that the antichrist confirms any kind of covenant with anybody for 7 years.

If you cannot, which you cannot (because there isn't any), then you will know that your idea is dead wrong.
    "And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months" (Rev. 13.5). This agrees with Dan. 9.27 "The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven, but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds, he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration, until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him" (Dan. 9.27).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Markusanthem
    Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
    Amen. Too bad you think the Antichrist is Jesus. And too bad you overlap the 69th seven and 70th seven when the 69th seven ended March 28, 33 AD (Gregorian).

On the other hand, I have listed and quoted the scriptures that prove that "Messiah the Prince", "the prince that shall come", is Jesus who confirms the new covenant with Israel for seven years during the 70th week, (half of which is fulfilled with the 3 1/2 year ministry of Christ and the other half is yet to come during the final 3 1/2 years) and who claims responsibility in scripture for destroying the city and the sanctuary.

That is how we know which one of us is listening to God and trusting in His Word.
    There are no Scriptures of Jesus confirming a covenant for 7 years. Surely something this important should have been mentioned. You have even seen the proofs that Jesus only ministered for 2 to 3 years. Don't confuse the Antichrist with Jesus. "The prince that shall come" is not "Messiah the Prince." Distinguish between the Prince and the "prince of the people," that is, the prince oft he Romans. Jesus never takes claim for destroying the city and the Temple. Jesus would never destroy the Temple. How evil that would be. He wants to reign in the Temple for 1000 years on earth.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Matt 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

Matt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Isaiah 47:5 Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.
    6I was wroth with my people, I have polluted mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke.

Psalm 74: O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
    2 Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.
    3 Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.
    4 Thine enemies roar in the midst of thy congregations; they set up their ensigns for signs.
    5 A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees.
    6 But now they break down the carved work thereof at once with axes and hammers.
    7 They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground.
    8 They said in their hearts, Let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land.

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
    Amen. Never do any of these verses say Jesus is the prince of the Romans. God, therefore, allows the people of the Antichrist, that is, the Romans to destroy the Temple for Israel's sins. A remnant of Israel (Rev. 7.4) will be preserved at the end of this age when Jesus returns.

Of course it is Jesus who confirms the covenant with many of Israel for one week (the final week of years) because God said so.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
    Nowhere in Matt. 15.24 or Rom. 11.26,27 do we see a 7 year covenant by Jesus. Certainly Jesus is the fulfilment of prophecy about sacrifices, but still no 7 year covenant. On the other hand, we observe the actions of the Antichrist for 42 months repeated over and over in Scripture and it is during this time he breaks the 7 year covenant since 42 months is half of 7 years or 84 months.

Have you thought about repenting, no longer confusing the Antichrist for Jesus, so as to give your life to Christ? This is my prayer for you.

Thread Information