Thread: The Heresies of Jehovah Witnesses

Blog Entries

Default The Heresies of Jehovah Witnesses

What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe?
    (Heresies: Non-Trinitarian, Dualism, Arianism, Annihilationism, No Hell)

Jehovah's Witnesses believe:

• Jesus is not one with God (Arianism).
    • The Holy Spirit it not part of a triune God, He is simply the "force" of God (Dualism).
    • Satan originated the doctrine of the trinity (Non-Trinitarian).
    • Unsaved men cease to exist (Annihilationism).
    • No eternal separation for anyone (Hell does not exist)

Regarding Jesus, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that He was the first natural son whom Jehovah brought forth and that He is Michael, the archangel, in human form. Jesus is believed to have been anointed at His baptism and then is said to have proved His devotion to God by submitting to a horrifying death on a torture stake. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not believe that He was raised from the dead.

Nor do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in Hell. Unfortunately for them, this lack of belief does not erase Hell’s existence. They believe that after death, unless they are found to be worthy of eternal life, they will simply remain in the grave, inactive, unconscious and entirely dead.

In order to accept the theologies of the Jehovah's Witnesses, you have to overlook and completely discount a myriad of Scripture passages. For some study on Hell, read Matthew 5:22-30, 10:28, 18:9; Luke 12:5, 16:23; 2 Peter 2:5 and Revelation 20:10. Hell is very real. It is as real as Heaven! You cannot believe in part of God's Word and then reject the other parts because they make you feel uncomfortable.

Also, Jesus Christ is clearly God's Son and is fully God, who came to earth as a man to redeem mankind from the penalty of sin. John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one an only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." There is no question about the deity of Christ!

Lastly, no person will remain in the grave after death. Hebrews 9:27 says, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." We will all die; we will all be judged. Each individual must determine for himself whom he will serve, thus determining his eternal destiny.

Blog Entries

I didn't realize that Jehovah Witnesses take their faith from pyramids to derive their 1914 date from the inner chambers of those pyramids for the return of Jesus that never came.

Jesus said, "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24.23,24).

JW's are unrepentant and don't want to admit their mistakes from so many false and failed prophecies. They don't have the humility and fear of God to repent from such big mistakes. The girl in this video says JW's don't tell you these things they believe often because JW's treat this as a business. She's right, JW's don't love other people.

"When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him" (Deut. 18.22).

Unfortunately the girl in this video is trying to keep the law so she will die by the law. Her mistake even though she is not a JW anymore is she is a Sabbatarian. The Sabbath has been fulfilled in Christ so now let no man judge you what days to keep.

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days" (Col. 2.16).

Something else I didn't know before. JW's claim only 144,000 get to have the Holy Spirit indwelling. And those others that are saved do not. That is some twisted shit!

Salvation is not by works lest anyone should boast. That is, you can't lose salvation once saved, nor can you gain initial salvation by some works. Works flow from new life and are rewarded to enter the millennial reign, but to receive new life you must accept Christ and receive His precious blood for forgiveness of sins.

JW's say human beings don't have a spirit. Read 1 Thess. 5.23, Heb. 4.12. When a person is born-again, the Holy Spirit indwells our innerman's spirit. We are given a new spirit for the Holy Spirit to indwell. This new spirit has God's uncreated life, called eternal life.

The girl in this video thinks the 144,000 will be virgin men. She is wrong. The 144,000 in Rev. 7.1-8 is a remnant of the Jews who will be protected during the Great Tribulation, because Israel will be overrun for a short while during the Tribulation and then recovered when Jesus returns. The 144,000 in Rev. 14.1-5 are Christian overcomers who will be closest to Christ. They are virgin firstfruits and they are both men and women, likely an equal number. They get to return with the Son of Man to reign over the nations for 1000 years. There are other overcomers also, but not all overcomers are the 144,000.

She is very right though JW's are endangering peoples' lives and that only Satan can be behind the JW organization.

Blog Entries

Get the book "The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah". Look at the shocking title on page 54. Read pages 58 and 61. On page 61 read half way down, they claim they are "Jehovah's true and ONLY prophets of God."

The book, "The Divine Plan of the Ages: The Great Pyramid" describes how JW's make their prophecies from the pyramids.

Harold Camping's May 21, 2011 prediction for the return of Jesus failed because it was based on a planet that was suppose to enter our solar system and never did. Funny. Same thing with Charles Taze Russell, founder of the JW's, he is based his predictions on nonsense like the pyramids.

Harold like Charles claimed Jesus came on those dates but it was invisible. Funny. Jesus said He will return just as He left bodily (Zech. 14.4, Acts. 1.11, Rev. 1.7).

Faithlessness has no faith to believe Jesus will do what He said He will do. Jehovah Witnesses are a faithless faith.

The reason I started this thread is I wanted to help Harold Aronson, a JW since he was 7 years old, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I think he is in his 50's or 60's now. He is a lost soul and confused. He hangs up the phone on me, so all I can do is post a post like this and email him the link.

Blog Entries

Aren't JW's like 7th Day Adventists? 7th Day Adventists claim when Jesus didn't come in 1844 as promised, they admitted they misinterpreted things. What they really meant was this thing called Investigative Judgment where people one by one since 1844 have been coming before the Judgment Seat. Similarly, JW's say the invisible Jesus is here since 1914.

Have you noticed there are lots of cults in the 19th century trying to ride the wave on the back of the Philadelphia church movement of the Brethren movement of 1828? Satan is trying to mess things up always.

Blog Entries

In JW publications, they use a finding by an archaelogist in 2005 dated 586 BC, but JWs change that date to 607 BC as the destruction of Jerusalem 607 BC. This archaeologist Eilat Mazar denied Jerusalem being destroyed 607 BC based on that artifact since the artifact is dated 586 BC.

They also misquoted in their Watchtower Magazine John Steele on backdating or retrocalculating when eclipses occur. John Steele in an email verified they were misrepresenting him. He never said what they said he said that the ancient Babylonians could do this.

Millions of dollars are at stake here. That's why the JW leadership keeps trying to find experts that agree with them, but in fact, they don't. JW's have to make up stuff and lie to make it seem like experts agree with them. Is this not evil?

The next item. They quoted R. H. Sack as agreeing with the 607 date. R. H. Sack in an email reply said he did not. He confirms the 587 BC date. He even said in the email that he was never interviewed on this subject by Jehovah Witnesses.

607 scholars have signed a document to when Israel was destroyed 587-86 BC. Yet JW's are right? Where's the evidence? Evil!

jerryfromkerry Guest

Default Jesus as "God"

The nature of Jesus is something that one has to be sure of. 1stCorinthians 11;3 states, "But I want you to understand that Christ is supreme over every man, the husband is supreme over his wife,and God is supreme over Christ" Taken from TEV. Now from the Gideon Bible in John 20;17, "Jesus told her. Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father;but go to my brothers and tell them I am going to ascend to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God".
    If we profess faith in Jesus Christ then should we not believe his words? In John 20;31 (TEV) we read, "But these have been written in order that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God". In 1st. John 4;15 we read; "If anyone declares that Jesus is the Son of God, he lives in union with God and God lives in union with him It states in no uncertain terms that to have God on our side we must believe what God believes, that is Jesus is the Son of God. I have searched through many different translations of the Bible and I have never seen the term, "God the Son".As for the "second coming", in John 14;19 it states;"A little longer and the world will behold me no more" We must take these scriptures to heart and let go of any preconceived ideas that fit our beliefs.

Blog Entries

How do we know Jesus is God the Son and not God the Father? Very simply when the Pharisees were accusing Jesus of claiming to be God because He was forgiving sins and only God can forgive sins. Thomas put his hand in Jesus' side saying, my Lord and my God. Jesus said He is the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and ending. He even said nothing exists that exists without Him having created it. Jesus said He makes all things knew (Rev. 21.6). God does this. Jesus said before the foundations of the world and before Abraham, that is, before creation He existed. He is the uncreated Creator. Thus, He is God the Son. Jesus said, "I will be his God" (v.7). "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last. I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of death and hades" (1.17,18). God the Father did not die, but God the Son did.

Thread Information