Thread: Mormons Believe in Modalism and Marriage for Eternity

Blog Entries

Default Mormons Believe in Modalism and Marriage for Eternity

I was told by a Mormon that the Father became the Son and that Mormons will be married for eternity.

I can't find any verses in Scripture the Son use to be the Father or that the Son was praying to Himself.

I also can't find where it says in the Bible were we are married for eternity.

"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven" (Matt. 22.30).

Grassy Knoll Guest

Ah yes, I was born and raised in the Mormon faith and the ideas you are referring to are in a book of LDS scripture titled 'Doctrine & Covenants'. Writings from this book are accounts of "revelation" by the prophet Joseph Smith given to him through visions or "séance" styled sermons. These new accounts of gods word are perfectly valid in the mormon church because latter day prophets are a continuation from prophets of old. Everything any past or current prophet of the mormon church said or wrote could be considered new scripture for understanding gods direction in modern day issues or those of the past that need clarifying. The term "prophet" is usually not bandied about much these days. You'll find the current prophet, Thomas S. Monson, mostly referred to as president of the church. Which is technically correct but most believers also acknowledge him to be a prophet as well.

I left the church after realizing what religion was all about. Well, it was a bunch of stuff really but youtube user philhellenes helped me through a lot of what I have become today. Cheers, -

Blog Entries

I am not sure you recognize why Mormonism is wrong.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1.27).

The Bible says not only is there this good religion, but there is also bad religion.

"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain" (1.26).

Thread Information