Thread: Intelligent Designer Not Worthy of Worship

Composer Guest

Default Intelligent Designer Not Worthy of Worship

Like I said at Debating & christianity Forum -

lvdyou wrote:
    . . . . we should submit ourselves to this evidence, because if a person doesn't, he or she will surely go to Hell according to Jesus our Creator.

Oops!

Even your preferred Story book bible disagrees with this -

e.g. I can of mine own self do nothing
    : . . . . (John 5:30) KJV Story book

Furthermore: -

i.e. This Story book jesus admits it wasn't capable of doing anything by itself, let alone create any universe!

Regarding Story book Hell: -

Hell is simply a metaphor for ' the grave ' where ALL men go including Story book jesus.

The belief that hell is a place of punishment for the wicked from which they cannot escape just cannot be squared with the following - a righteous man can go to hell (the grave) and come out again. Hos. 13:14 story book confirms this: "I will ransom them (God's people) from the power of the grave (sheol); I will redeem them from death". This is quoted in 1 Cor. 15:55 story book - " O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? {grave: or, hell} " and applied to the story book resurrection at the story book Jesus' return. Likewise "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them" (Rev. 20:13). Note the parallel between death, i.e. the grave, and hell (see also Ps. 6:5) KJV story book

Name:  velvet10.gif
Views: 529
Size:  6.4 KB

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Jesus agreed with the Father and Spirit before the foundations of the world, the Son would submit himself in perfect obedience to the Father in full reliance upon Him for all things to show us how to be. This is His purpose to guide us, so we no longer live but He lives in us by the Holy Spirit. Jesus emptied Himself of His independent attributes in the Trinity in the fullness of the Godhead bodily to be fully man.

You're not lvdyou, so why quote as though you were?

Hell is a place where the worm never dies. Free will is not truly free if you don't have the free choice to eternally separate yourself from God.

The unsaved "shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever" (Rev. 20.10), "and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (v.15).

It's difficult to be tormented if you cease to exist.

Nobody is in Hell yet, but many are in the grave later to be resurrected. Hell is not the grave, but the grave will be thrown into Hell one day.

"Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death" (Rev. 20.14).

Hell is not thrown into Hell, but death and the grave are thrown into Hell (Lake of Fire) which is the 2nd death an eternal separation from God and end thereof such as no more death and no more grave.

Grave, Hades, Sheol are all synonymous. This is the place of soul sleep, timeless unawares. It has both a good (Abraham's bosom where Lazarus went) and a bad side (where the Rich Man went). Whereas Hell, Gehenna, Lake of Fire are all synonymous. Hades is thrown into Hell, but Hell is not thrown into Hades.

Thread Information