Like I said at Debating & christianity Forum -

lvdyou wrote:
. . . . we should submit ourselves to this evidence, because if a person doesn't, he or she will surely go to Hell according to Jesus our Creator.

Oops!

Even your preferred Story book bible disagrees with this -

e.g. I can of mine own self do nothing
: . . . . (John 5:30) KJV Story book

Furthermore: -

i.e. This Story book jesus admits it wasn't capable of doing anything by itself, let alone create any universe!

Regarding Story book Hell: -

Hell is simply a metaphor for ' the grave ' where ALL men go including Story book jesus.

The belief that hell is a place of punishment for the wicked from which they cannot escape just cannot be squared with the following - a righteous man can go to hell (the grave) and come out again. Hos. 13:14 story book confirms this: "I will ransom them (God's people) from the power of the grave (sheol); I will redeem them from death". This is quoted in 1 Cor. 15:55 story book - " O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? {grave: or, hell} " and applied to the story book resurrection at the story book Jesus' return. Likewise "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them" (Rev. 20:13). Note the parallel between death, i.e. the grave, and hell (see also Ps. 6:5) KJV story book

Name:  velvet10.gif
Views: 533
Size:  6.4 KB