Thread: If Thou Would Have Asked, He Would Have Given Living Water - John 4.10

Blog Entries

Default If Thou Would Have Asked, He Would Have Given Living Water - John 4.10

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. John 4.10.

On the day that the Lord Jesus sat down by the well of Jacob in Samaria He was hungry and thirsty. But the Samaritan woman was more thirsty than the Lord. So He offered living water to her that she might be satisfied. When the disciples came back with the food, He was no longer hungry (see John 4.5-34). From this episode in the life of our Lord we learn this spiritual lesson, that whoever serves others in order that they may not be thirsty shall himself be satisfied: that the one who learns to bear another’s burden shall find his own burden easier to bear. In spiritual work, there is no possibility of retirement: “My Father worketh even until now,” declared the Lord Jesus, “and I work” (John 5.17).

Blog Entries

Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water."

Why didn't she know? Because she hadn't before searched God out with all her her heart to know. In her exchange with Jesus she is coming to Him with all her heart finally and so becomes saved by the grace of God.

Thread Information