For Israel there would be no "figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade" (Jer. 8.13), and they would scatter."

Instead, they will say, 'As surely as the LORD lives, who brought the people of Israel back to their own land from the land of the north and from all the countries to which he had exiled them.' For I will bring them back to this land that I gave their ancestors" (Jer. 16.15).

"The good figs represent the exiles I sent from Judah to the land of the Babylonians. I will watch over and care for them, and I will bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly" (Jer. 24.4-7).

"The LORD says, 'O Israel, when I first found you, it was like finding fresh grapes in the desert. When I saw your ancestors, it was like seeing the first ripe figs of the season. But then they deserted me..." (Hos. 9.10).

"He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white" (Joel 1.7).

"The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men" (Joel 1.12).

"And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree..." (1 Kings 4.25).

"But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it" (Micah 4.4).

"In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree" (Zech. 3.10).

Jesus cursed the fig tree representing Israel for having no life in Mark 11. "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof" (Matt. 21.43).

"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief" (1 Thess. 5.4).

(Sanhedrin 98a) "R. Abba said: There is no sign of the End of Days more revealed than that of Ezekiel 36.8: 'But you, O mountains of Israel, shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel [for then the end is near to come]." Rashi: "Therefore, When Eretz Yisrael yields its produce in abundance, then the end will be near, and no sign of the End of Days could be more clear.")