Re: MrWinknod @ YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinknod
If you deny the total depravity of man you reject Christianity and the bible. Even Arminians accept total depravity for the most part. You will spend eternity with Arminius in hell for refusing to see your own inability to save yourself, and instead accusing God of being a tyrant.
Since you can't find any verses in Scripture to support Total depravity, examine why you introduce this false teaching. The reason is because this idol helps you to rationalize the pompous idea you have erected for yourself that you were irresistibly selected as your god is unable to provide sufficient grace for all to have the free-choice. Your god can't do this. God trumps your god every time! And it gets you off to think people are sent to Hell for no other reason they were born into sin, again, showing your god unable to give them sufficient grace to have the choice.

Your god is so pathetic, weak and downright evil! My God responds righteously. Two children are playing but sinking in quicksand. Your god yanks one out by a hook like a robot and leaves the other to perish with no effort or consideration to save him at all. Whereas God of the Bible pleads with both, does not infringe on their free-will, supplies them both with sufficient grace, extends an arm lovingly out to both, and allows them to choose freely. If it is evil for us to behave otherwise, it is evil for your god to behave otherwise. How can God's standards be below our own?

I am glad you stated your position you don't think OSAS Arminians are Christians when you said, "If you deny the total depravity of man you reject Christianity and the Bible" so we know exactly what you think. I know you are not born-again because you are too selfish to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. Christians did repent and believed in Him to be regenerated. How can you be "without excuse" (Rom. 1.20) if God doesn't provide sufficient grace to have the choice?

I don't know any Arminians who teach Total depravity. The opposite of Total depravity is the first of 5 points of OSAS Arminian Free Will/Ability. One who has the ability to come to Christ by the grace of God by definition is not Totally depraved. Arminians believe we can help an old lady across the street and receive what Jesus did for us on the cross. How evil that you think you cannot and thus, do not. This degrades your conscience.

God does the saving. I can't save myself, but I can and have fulfilled the condition God has given us-the ability-, requires of us and has set for us to be saved by Him.

Jesus said, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not. That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I say I am, you will die in your sins" (John 8.23,24). Only God can atone for sins. Only the God who provides sufficient grace to all to have the choice can truly atone for sins. Unless you believe in this God you will go to Hell! "Repent ye therefore, and be converted [regenerated], that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3.19). Who is to do this? You. "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!" (Deut. 30.19) "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" (Tit. 2.11)--speaks of the sufficient grace given to all men to have the free-choice. His grace is sufficient for all men Who came upon all men to be saved whosoever is willing. Now "the Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3.9). Since God is longsuffering, doing all He can to save each and every soul and not exceed His righteous will, we all given the sufficient grace God supplies to have the free-choice. Thus, God is right in pleading with all to come to repentance.

God doesn't call people to repent who can't repent. Because He provides them sufficient grace to respond positively, He can tell them to repent. How odd that would be if God were to call people to repent who could not as is the case in Calvinism.

I will be with Jacob Arminius, Paul, John, Peter, Jacob and Abraham. You will be in Hell with Calvin, Luther and Augustine for eternity since you refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. God requires of you to come to Him genuinely without the presumptuousness you were irresistibly selected. How arrogant! How fake to prop yourself up on a pedestal declaring the preteritioned were irresistibly made for the gas chambers and have no chance, but that you were irresistibly selected and there was nothing you could do about. How ugly! and sick-minded.

Anyone who goes to hell does so because they hate God.You quote a heretic (Dave Hunt) to back your argument. You are more hopelesly lost than I first thought. Nothing you have posted would win an argument. You take my references and claim they say the opposite of what they do. This is NOT providing references to back your argument. That is like saying grass is blue, or the sky is green. Those of us older mature Christians see easily through your lies, but you will answer to God for misleading those who are unaware. You will soon be fitted for a millstone.
I am glad at least you express your view most Calvinists secretly hold that think Jacob Arminius, Dave Hunt and other OSAS Arminians are going to Hell so there is no doubt about where you stand.

As we have gone through the verses you have shared I showed you each and every time how you insert into the text that which is not explicitly stated. Inserting your idea into the text is false and trying to make up for the fact that God has not saved you.

I don't have to supply you anything. All I need to do is show you the verse(s) you try to use to support Calvinism fail because they don't explicitly say what you want them to say.

The Holy Spirit told me you are not born-again and never were. Likely you never will be regenerated. I don't believe you will ever give your life to Christ. I don't say that of all Calvinists that they are never going to be saved, just the ones as far gone as you. Hardening your heart is the recourse God has now with you, and I pray then as a result of this you will then give your life to Christ.