Re: Stormcrow @ christianforums.net

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow
See? It's stuff like this that causes me not to take this stuff seriously right out of the gate!
{13} Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that particular one who was speaking, "How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?" {14} He said to me, "For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored." Daniel 8:13-14 (NASB)
But you are not telling me anything I don't already know.

A second fulfilment of the 2300 days is ahead of us. Why? Gabriel explains the vision. Gabriel says to Daniel, "Son of Man you must understand these events you have seen in your vision relate to the time of the end" (Dan. 8.17).

Did the end occur during the time of Antiochus IV Epiphanes? No, of course not.

In the vision Daniel had for Antiochus, one of the holy angels replied, "It will take twenty-three hundred evenings and mornings; then the Temple will be restored" (v.14). Just as Antiochus "cancelled the daily sacrifices" (v.12) so will the Antichrist except the Antichrist won't destroy the Temple as Antiochus did. 2 Thess. 2.4 says the Temple remains.

Gabriel said, "And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up" (v.23). This is the Antichrist. "He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause a shocking amount of destruction and succeed in everything he does" (v.24) just like Alexander the Great and Antiochus IV Epiphanes. This "king will do as he pleases, exalting himself and claiming to be greater than every god, even blaspheming the God of gods. He will succeed, but only until the time of wrath is completed. For what has been determined will surely take place." (11.36).

Lastly, Gabriel said, "This vision about the twenty-three hundred evenings and mornings is true. But none of these things will happen for a long time, so don't tell anyone about them yet" (v.26)--the second fulfilment.