Thread: Can God do Better than Calvinism?

Blog Entries

Default Can God do Better than Calvinism?

Re: jari @ talkjesus.com

Quote Originally Posted by jari View Post
    Actually God did choose us and We did not, choose him.

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
    Actually you misread this verse. God does the saving. Hence, He chose me. But there is a condition which is coming to God with an honest heart. So God creates His design, puts down the rules and laws of the system, and woos by His Spirit so God chooses those in His design He foreordained through the conduit of foreknowing our free choice. See He designed it this way, He made us sovereign free willed beings, so this is how He chooses His elect, and as I look back upon the fact that I was regenerated, I know that I have been chosen by God before the foundations of the world. If you say you were irresistibly selected then you entered into a false salvation, but if you, upon recalling, your regeneration, see that in fact you came to God with an honest heart having had the free choice to do so, you would realize this is why God gave grace upon grace because you fulfilled the condition for His working. It's a beautiful albeit complicated process. Certainly not as boring and dull as Calvinists would have you believe by being robotically selected mindlessly.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
    Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
    Calvinists live by works because they don't know if they are saved or not since it was not their choice, so they work for it, they persevere for it, whereas Christians we don't persevere to keep saved, but we are preserved in the faith as God promises to those who want to be preserved by giving our lives to the correct Jesus who keeps us. He never breaks His promise.

How can you prove that God chosed us because we did something or that he before knew our will?
    I dont think you can....
    You don't have to actually prove God's infinite foreknowledge is compatible with free will; all you need to do is realize it in your own personal experience our free will is real and accept the word of God for what it says that God is the "Savior of all men, specially those who believe" (1 Tim. 4.10) NOT "Savior of some men, specially those who believe" for that would be redundantly nonsensical.

There is some things you will never understand. One of those may very well be how God reconciles free will with His infinite foreknowledge. The closest I have seen make this attempt at understanding it is OSAS Molinism.

so we must admit God has been good to us when he saved us, and that we didnt earn it.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I think only requirement for salvation is Faith.
    God draws everyone but sadly man "draw back unto perdition" (Heb. 10.39) and come close to the door of salvation but turn back (2 Pet. 2.21).

The requirement for salvation is a genuine coming to the cross by faith IN THE CORRECT JESUS for Jesus said unless you believe who I say I am you will die in your sins and He will deny you before the Father in heaven. Faith in a false Christ doesn't count. You worship a false Christ.

Faith is not by assuming you were irresistibly selected. That's obnoxious. That will never do; it lacks a genuine coming to the cross to be regenerated. God is interested in a genuine relationship not the pompous attitude you hold of assuming you were selected. People are turned off by you with that attitude as they should be. You carry it wherever you go and it draws people away from you. The same condition will be exhibited in Hell. What a lonely way to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jari
    I was hoping you could have shown us some verses of this idea.

You say that Jesus merely stated that God is going to save them by the "I have chosen you" ? Yes and given faith too! For they did not seek God: Rom 3:11 "...... there is none that seeketh after God."
    Thats why I think they were chosen because they didnt seek God during their lifes but one day Jesus came to israel and picked them up to be His disciples. Its like that with many believers today, no one seeks after God but hears the good news thanks to messanger or something else sent by God.

Edit: This is also why God has ultimately the authority wheter we be saved or not. If some man wishees to be saved its not enough unless God decides to save, maybe God has already decided to save and given the thought to the man. Like in Joh 6:44.
    Nobody seeks after God, but praise the Lord what does God do? He provides us with all sufficient grace, sufficient to have the free-choice. Jesus picked them to be His disciples yet one perished. Why? Because even though they were all given free-choice, one chose freely to refuse God's saving grace. Why did Jesus choose them? For the same reason God chose Israel. Israel was enslaved for 430 years so they had an ear to hear. The disciples had an ear to hear so He chose them. In John 6.44 "raised up the last day" is dependent on a) must be drawn, and b) in being drawn respond to that drawing. To be drawn by God is to receive the sufficient grace to have the free-choice. God never raises up with saints someone who refuses His drawing.

Salvation is actually supposed to be very easy once you come to believe! Maybe it takes time to believe but once the day comes, its like in this verse:

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    Actually salvation is 100% easy once one believes since the condition for regeneration is believing. The millisecond one believes they are saved. No need to wait 2 seconds. God instantly enters through the window of his conscience and resides in his spirit.

Thread Information