Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
And you should not falsely acuse me. God forgives sins THROUGH men. A little more reading and a little less ranting would do you a world of good.

But let me ask you a question: Do you believe in healings? Like when someone lays their hands on someone else and the other person is healed? Dpo you believe in that?

Because if you say "YES", then I ask you: Who does the healing: God? .. or the person laying on the hands?

The answer is: God. But God is working THROUGH the person who is laying on the hands.

Are you catching my drift here? Or are you going to rant again?
God does not forgive sins through men. He forgives men directly. Christians because we have the Holy Spirit can confirm when a person is forgiven (of course, we need to be discerning), but no intermediary priesthood. None needed. None called for. None found in the NT. The veil is rent and we all come to God directly. Since you can find no Scripture to support your view of intermediary priesthood, then you are obviously finding ways to insert into the text. But you don't have the humility to repent from doing this because you are locked into your bad habits.

I believe in laying on of hands, but the whole point of the old dispensation is the intermediary priesthood was temporary. Hence, now all believers are a royal priesthood. If everyone who is saved is a royal priesthood then it stands to reason logically that there is no intermediary priesthood where some are and some aren't. Healing by laying on of hands or prayers is not God healing through men but man praying God's will and imparting God's will to others but it is not through men as it were. It is God doing it and man just acknowledging it. The Gospel is not given in that sense either by men but by God and men are just acknowledging it to others. Man is not saving anyone. And God is not saving anyone through man. God is saving only through His Son and by the Spirit.

You don't realize this but you are Judaizing Christianity. That's what the Roman church does. That's what it is good at, but it is not of God. I really wish you would come out of your comfort zone and try something new like read about the 4 kinds of forgiveness then we could have a two way conversation. I understand your position and I have explained why it is wrong, now try to see what I see by reading about the 4 kinds of forgiveness and really put on your thinking cap.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/forgiveness-4_kinds.htm