Thread: Matt J. Slick of CARM is Wacko!

Blog Entries

Default Matt J. Slick of CARM is Wacko!

Re: Matthew J. Slick, owner of Christian Apologetics Research Ministry (CARM)

Source: http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/mattslick.htm

Slick, you're sick! You have some weird teachings because you are not born-again:

1) claiming your Jesus exists AS A MAN outside of time and space (just plain weird!);

2) the popular teaching of claiming Jesus didn't die for the sins of the world with sufficient grace of God to give people the choice (your god can't do this);

3) claiming you don't deserve to be saved (regenerated) if you repent to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior (wacko!);

4) altering God's word by promoting mediums of psychics of gibberish babble (a very popular teaching of Pentecostalism);

5) claiming the 1000 year reign and millennial peace is now (a very popular teaching) even though there are wars and rumors of wars (see Rev. 20.3);

6) confusing your soul with your spirit (see Heb. 4.12, 1 Thess. 5.23) which is very shallow and undiscerning, and many popular new age teachings mingle the two;

7) embracing denominationalism (very popular) even though the Bible is against this (don't say "I of Cephas" or "I of Apollos") and not accepting the Apostles who work regionally to appoint Elders of a locality;

8) claiming a person deserves to go to hell for being born into sin (sick Calvinism, very popular);

9) in your permission groups, you have the need to have to say Calvinists be not pedophiles and into bestiality (that's hilarious! I didn't realize Calvinists had this problem);

10) claiming God's image ceases to exist when man fell into sin (more erroneous outcroppings of Calvinism); and

11) censoring Christians who expose your lies like that murderous protestant Pope of Geneva John Calvin. How is that a reformation?

You're a nut job Matt Slick! You have lots of pride in self: you said, "It's tough finding a church that has the same nuances of theological flavor THAT I HAVE." But your teachings are so popular! You're a church? You're exalting yourself above the churches? You're even misusing the meaning of the word "church". A church is not a denomination nor is it a congregation, it is a locality of believers.

You're not too bright are you? Or perhaps it is not to do with brights, but your conscience is seared like a hot iron, dead to God, as you worship a false Christ and contradict God's word. I don't think a lot of Christians realize what a deceitful worker you really are.

Count Matt J. Slick among the "deceitful workers" (2 Cor. 11.13) and "false brethren" (Gal. 2.4). "Some false teachers may deny these things" (1 Tim. 6.3). Nonetheless, these thing expose Matt Slick as a charlatan. "For false Christs...shall arise" (Mark 13.22). Matt Slick is just another worshiper of one of those "false Christs" (Matt. 24.24).

It would have been better Matt never even heard the name of Jesus considering the Jesus he worships, because now his permanency in Hell will be far worse: "For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them" (2 Pet. 2.21). He was given the grace of God to be able to stand right at the door but does not walk in by faith, because he assumes selfishly he cannot through the mistaken assumption and his idol of Total depravity that he erects which prevents him from letting go of self to place his trust in the true Jesus. Sad really!

A proper cure requires a proper diagnosis!

LChaim-BYeshua Guest

Default Can you substantiate any of your wild claims?

In your message you make a LOT of accusations about Matt Slick. Now, I don't personally know the man, but I have spoken with him a number of times and have been listening to his podcasts for years. I have not EVER heard the things from his mouth that you state he believes. I will give a few examples from your message. Please provide evidence of your claims against him, the specific times and places where he has taught the following :

"3) claiming you don't deserve to be saved (regenerated) if you repent to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior (wacko!); "

Nobody DESERVES to be saved. Yeshua (Jesus) died to save people who did NOT deserve it. If they had deserved it already they wouldn't NEED a Savior! Nobody repents who was not drawn by the Father. Yeshua was executed as a sinner to save people who do not deserve it.

"
    4) altering God's word by promoting mediums of psychics of gibberish babble (a very popular teaching of Pentecostalism); "

Where has Matt Slick EVER promoted mediums and psychics? All I have ever heard him teach about them is a direct condemnation of what they do.

"8) claiming a person deserves to go to hell for being born into sin (sick Calvinism, very popular); "

Never heard Matt say that one. People who go to hell do so because they have chosen NOT to live with God eternally
    . Everybody has sinned. People go to hell because of their own personal sins.We all have committed enough sins sufficient to condemn us to the fires of hell.

Why does a self-proclaimed "Apostle" use a name for the Messiah that is different from the Name in the books of Acts in chapter 4 where it says it is the ONLY ONE Name given by which men can be saved?

Please provide ample documentary evidence to back up your claims that Matt Slick teaches what you claim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LChaim-BYeshua View Post
    In your message you make a LOT of accusations about Matt Slick. Now, I don't personally know the man, but I have spoken with him a number of times and have been listening to his podcasts for years. I have not EVER heard the things from his mouth that you state he believes. I will give a few examples from your message. Please provide evidence of your claims against him, the specific times and places where he has taught the following :

"3) claiming you don't deserve to be saved (regenerated) if you repent to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior (wacko!); "

Nobody DESERVES to be saved. Yeshua (Jesus) died to save people who did NOT deserve it. If they had deserved it already they wouldn't NEED a Savior! Nobody repents who was not drawn by the Father. Yeshua was executed as a sinner to save people who do not deserve it.
    Anyone deserves to be saved since Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world whosoever believes in Him. How sick that would be if a person believed in Jesus and yet then did not deserve to be saved. Arminians don't say we deserve it already, but rather a condition is required, so your accusation is off. The Father draws everyone, but sadly many such as yourself draw back unto perdition. Jesus was not executed as a sinner. Jesus is without sin. He is God, creator of the universe.

"4) altering God's word by promoting mediums of psychics of gibberish babble (a very popular teaching of Pentecostalism); "

Where has Matt Slick EVER promoted mediums and psychics? All I have ever heard him teach about them is a direct condemnation of what they do.
    Pentecostalism is mediums and psychics. Matt Slick is into gibberish babble. Hence, he promotes psychics and mediums. To denounce mediums and psychics while engaging in that activity is two-faced.

"8) claiming a person deserves to go to hell for being born into sin (sick Calvinism, very popular); "

Never heard Matt say that one. People who go to hell do so because they have chosen NOT to live with God eternally. Everybody has sinned. People go to hell because of their own personal sins.We all have committed enough sins sufficient to condemn us to the fires of hell.

Why does a self-proclaimed "Apostle" use a name for the Messiah that is different from the Name in the books of Acts in chapter 4 where it says it is the ONLY ONE Name given by which men can be saved?

Please provide ample documentary evidence to back up your claims that Matt Slick teaches what you claim.
    Matt's a Calvinist. He believes a person born into sin deserves to go to Hell even though it was not their fault for being born into sin. The truth of his mistaken assumption is that a person deserves to go to Hell for not receiving God's saving grace. Jesus is the Messiah but you don't like that name? Obviously you're not a Christian. Naturally since you are a Calvinist you will reject the Apostles are for today.

Thread Information