Thread: False Christians Can Only See Calvinism or Non-OSAS

Blog Entries

Default False Christians Can Only See Calvinism or Non-OSAS

Re: berrytc44 - Youtube

I have 2 questions: #1 How is total depravity of man "idolatry"? #2 How can a free-willed creature freely enter into communion with God yet cannot exit out of that communion via free-will? Does their freewill get taken away once someone becomes a believer? I think you are inconsistent here.
    Answer #1: Total depravity is an idol because it is erected in place of true repentance and faith in Christ to be regenerated for if you start with the assumption you must be irresistibly selected because of your idol of Total depravity, then you never truly come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior. Satan's got you! What sneakier way is there for Satan to bring you to Hell with him if all he needs to do is get you to believe in a counterfeit salvation that may have the appearance of being Christian but is not.

Answer #2: There are three possibilities, but only the last one is true. Either you are irresistibly regenerated, salvation is by works so you can leave by your self-strength, or you can come to God genuinely as He would have you asking God to keep you since you can't keep yourself saved for no one can.

Answer #3: No, free will is not removed once one is born-again, since recall, the reason you are saved by the grace of God through faith is because you are the one who asked God to keep you and never let you go. God keeps His promises.

Also best quote of this whole video, "I know it doesn't really say rewards but its implied" Ha that argument is all you have to prove this is referring to believers yet you admit it doesn't say rewards. What are you even saying? I am sorry Troy you are not making sense.
    If a Christian can be fleshly or spiritual, would there not be consequences? Why would Paul warn us not to live by the flesh as the unregenerates do if it didn't matter? Why does Rev. 2 & 3 says to "overcometh" if there is no reason to do so? Likewise, this is the context of Romans 8 also. It doesn't have to say the word "rewards" for it to be true. You wouldn't want to be petty. Those who reign during the millennial kingdom (Rev. 20.4) are not all believers just those who match the description in verse 4. Non-overcomer believers lose the reward in outer darkness, outside the light of reward of reigning with Christ for 1000 years.

The video in discussion:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by berrytc44
    So you have free-will to enter into relationship with God but after your free will is taken away so you will always remain in that relationship? Talk about inconsistent
    Your free will is not taken away since if you truly gave your life to Christ you are asking God to keep you since you can't keep yourself saved. Not everyone wants this type of salvation, so not everyone is saved. "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself" (2 Tim. 2.13). God is not the god of robots of Calvinism.

Here is what White is saying...how could God's gift of faith be contingent on something that man does? That is the inconsistency of your view. Glad I could clear that up...oh and FYI your sign in thing at your forum is really strange and half the questions you post are not even answerable in any orthodox way because of the stigmas you attach to them.
    How could God's gift of faith be contingent on something man does? Because God is relational, not into robots and He is not an evil God by irresistibly imposing faith on people and sending children to Hell for no other reason they were born into sin like sending the Jews to the gas chambers. What love is that? "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart" (Jer. 29.13).Therefore, the reason God has not given you faith is because you have not come to God with an honest heart.

God would not ask us to choose if we could not nor would: "I have set before you life and death.... Choose life.... Love the LORD thy God" (Deut. 30.19-20). Your god can't do what God can do so God of the Bible trumps your god. God provides sufficient grace to all to be able to respond: "For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men" (Tit. 2.11). So your faith is totally consistent with the Bible.

These questions at registration are God's word and fully backed up by Scripture. This is the orthodox (original) Church. By stigma I guess you mean you have been disgraced by reading those questions. I couldn't agree more! What you consider to be orthodox is not orthodox at all. That's why these questions are here to help lead you to Christ.

Thread Information