I found Jesus' words comforting,

"Do you think I hve come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to bring strife and division! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor me, and two against - or the other way around. There will be a division between father and son, mother and daughter, mother-in-law and daughter-in-law" (Luke 13.53).

But this strife does not happen because of you being a Christian. It happens because of them refusing Christ as their Lord and Savior. They do not repent, so they do not receive eternal life; ergo, there is strife. It is only natural.

But even more than this. Jesus says, "The door to heaven is narrow. Work hard to get in, because many will try to enter, but when the head of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. Then you willstand outside knocking and pleading, "Lord, open the door for us!' But He will reply, 'I don't know you.' You will say, 'But we ate and drank with you, and you taught in the streets.' And He will reply, 'I tell you, I don't know you. Go away, all you who do evil.' [this is speaking of Christians, though it does not mean not once-saved-always-saved]

And there will be great weeping and gnashing of teeth [in outer darkness], for you will see Abraham, and Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets within the Kingdom of God, but you will be thrown out. Then people will come from all over the world to take their places in the Kingdom of God [including all those transferred livingly into the millennium]. And note this: Some who are despised now will be greatly honored then; and some who are greatly honored now will be despised then." (Luke 13.24-30).

For us, the matter is not the strife that comes against us from the unsaved. It is in our our own house of the Lord that the problem exists. "The prophet is a watchman for my God over Israel, yet traps are laid in front of him wherever he goes. He faces hostility even in the house of God" (Hosea 9.8). And whether or not we will receive the reward of reigning with Christ! Otherwise God will throw us into outer darkness outside the light of the reward of reigning with Christ. He will say He does not know us, and we will see from afar those reigning in the millennial kingdom that will will not partake in.

This motivates, to go that extra yard for God and to love Him for His sake, not our own affection. Otherwise we love Him only when we are happy. We need to learn to love Him when our emotions are low also. There is no area in our life that needs more consecration. It is the hardest element a believer has to offer. We can quickly fix our thoughts. But, he who has not died to worldly affection, probably has not died to anything. This is the greatest test of all. I don't think it is possible for us to have two masters, otherwise things always get mixed.