Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Aliens Don't Exist and If They Did, It's Irrelevant

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    3,229
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Aliens Don't Exist and If They Did, It's Irrelevant

    Aliens Don't Exist and If They Did, It's Irrelevant

    FACT #1: Based on our fastest capable speeds it would take 70,000 years to reach the nearest solar system. Even if we went at a fraction of that speed and collided with a small rock on the way the ship would be utterly destroyed. And the probability of life in any one solar system is so astronomically remote, the nearest system would not be merely 70,000 years away but at best billions of years away and more likely trillions of years away. So even if life did exist on another planet, it's irrelevant. Stick with your Bible.

    FACT #2: Even if an alien race existed they would still need a cause as well, and on and on, but infinite regress is impossible, because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects, we would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. Moreover, we would not have existed, because an eternity would still be going on before it could every reach this point. Infinite regress is not only proven false on both accounts but inherently contradictory.

    FACT #3: There have not been enough interatomic interactions in the history of the universe for life to exist on another planet. Science doesn't know what life is and can't explain how life arose from the chaos of an explosion that sterilized the entire cosmos a trillion times over. "Natural selection" is no help. It can neither create life nor assist the first living thing to start functioning. The first living cell would have had to come about by pure chance. But this is mathematically impossible--and there is no arguing with mathematics.

    There are approximately 10^80 atoms in the cosmos. Assuming 10^12 interatomic interactions per second per atom, and 10^18 seconds (30 billion years) as twice the evolutionists' age of the universe, we get 10^110 (80 +12+18) as the total number of possible interatomic interactions in 30 billion years.

    If each interatomic interaction produced a unique molecule, then no more than 10^110 unique molecules could have ever existed in the universe. About 1,000 protein molecules composed of amino acids are needed for the most primitive form of life. To find a proper sequence of 200 amino acids for a relatively short protein molecule has been calculated to require "about 10^130 trials. This is a hundred billion billion times the total number of molecules ever to exist in the history of the cosmos! No random process could ever result in even one such protein structure, much less the full set of roughly 1000 needed in the simplest form of life.

    "It is therefore sheer irrationality...to believe that random chemical interactions could ever [form] a viable set of functional proteins out of the truly staggering number of candidate possibilities. In the face of such stunningly unfavourable odds, how could any scientist with any sense of honesty appeal to chance interactions as the explanation for the complexity we see in living systems? To do so with conscious awareness of these numbers, in my opinion, represents a serious breach of scientific integrity" (John R. Baumgardener, Theoretical Division of Los Alamos National Laboratory. See In Six Days, pp. 224-25).

    Donald Page, an eminent cosmologist, calculated the odds of the universe existing 10(10^1240). Remember, the simplest physical structure upon which natural selection might operate must happen by chance--and it can't.

    When anyone says that an eye, for example, couldn't happen by chance, Dawkins responds in an offended tone, "Well, of course an eye couldn't happen by chance! Natural selection is the very opposite of chance!" But Dawkins doesn't mention that natural selection is impossible without some living thing that can replicate itself.

    FACT #4: The Pseudepigrapha and Apocrypha books were excluded from the Bible. One of the reasons is they taught about aliens (automatically making them false). God says there are no aliens. He says there are: a) angels, and b) men on earth. That's it! When you really think about it, why would God need to create more than that? There is One Son of God who will be the center of the New City (Rev. 21), not many Sons of God in a bunch of New Cities across the universe. There is only One Uncreated Creator for one New City. The Bible says His sons and daughters (elect men and women) are the pillars of the New City not aliens. Judgment upon man does not need to be done by an alien race attacking earth or freakish hybridization (sorry Tom Cruise, you lose). God is not an unjust or unrighteous God!

    Contradiction: Those who believe in aliens claim aliens came to earth long ago but today they are no longer here which contradicts all the alleged alien sitings and abductions in our modern day, so I guess they think the evidence from thousands of years ago is better evidence than all the hoopla today.

  2. #2
    Mystermenace Guest

    Default

    Where does the bible say that god did not place men and women or other beings of his choice on other worlds?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    3,229
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystermenace View Post
    Where does the bible say that god did not place men and women or other beings of his choice on other worlds?
    "And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven" (Deut. 4.19). The Bible says, "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so" (Gen. 1.15), not "and for other members of God's creation to inhabit other planets". It's not even an issue there could be life on other planets. As Hugh Ross says, there are 800 variables needed for life on another planet, and there simply is not enough planets in the universe to make life possible on another planet. There simply has not been enough interatomic actions in the history of the universe even to produce one protein molecule of at least 200 amino acids, let alone 1000 needed to create the simplest replicating life form. Understand that the reason why there are so many stars and planets in the universe is because there needs to be that many to produce the full elemental table. And when the New City changes into 1379 x 1379 x 1379 with walls 216 feet thick we whom are saved will go out to explore God's amazing creation, but not to visit aliens, since there is none, but to see all the amazing worlds out there. To explore! To go where no man has gone before!

  4. #4
    Mystermenace Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    "And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven" (Deut. 4.19). The Bible says, "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so" (Gen. 1.15), not "and for other members of God's creation to inhabit other planets". It's not even an issue there could be life on other planets. As Hugh Ross says, there are 800 variables needed for life on another planet, and there simply is not enough planets in the universe to make life possible on another planet. There simply has not been enough interatomic actions in the history of the universe even to produce one protein molecule of at least 200 amino acids, let alone 1000 needed to create the simplest replicating life form. Understand that the reason why there are so many stars and planets in the universe is because there needs to be that many to produce the full elemental table. And when the New City changes into 1379 x 1379 x 1379 with walls 216 feet thick we whom are saved will go out to explore God's amazing creation, but not to visit aliens, since there is none, but to see all the amazing worlds out there. To explore! To go where no man has gone before!
    Well, that doesn't even come close to actually addressing the question I asked. I expected as much.

    To respond to your current irrelevance:

    Do you think that god told you the sum total of his existence, everything that he knows and that he has ever done, in one book?
    Do you think that we are the only purpose and function god has in his existence?
    Is Hugh Ross saying that god is not capable of making life possible on another planet?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    3,229
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    17

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystermenace View Post
    Well, that doesn't even come close to actually addressing the question I asked. I expected as much.
    I'm glad you can't show it.

    To respond to your current irrelevance:

    Do you think that god told you the sum total of his existence, everything that he knows and that he has ever done, in one book?
    It will always be true that there are some things we won't know and that's ok.

    Do you think that we are the only purpose and function god has in his existence?
    We are His main purpose.

    "All who claim me as their God will come, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them" (Is. 43.7).

    "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not" (1 John 3.1).

    "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Rom. 8.28,29).

    "God chose him for this purpose long before the world began, but now in these final days, he was sent to the earth for all to see. And he did this for you" (1 Pet. 1.20).

    "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved" (Eph. 1.4-6).

    "Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus" (Col. 1.28).

    "But ye are a chosen...royal priesthood...that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" (1 Pet. 2.9).

    "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence" (Col. 1.18).

    "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col. 3.4).

    "Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Eph. 3.8-9).

    Is Hugh Ross saying that god is not capable of making life possible on another planet?
    God can't be less than perfect. This is a perfect creation. Why accept anything less? Why would you try to do worse on a test or do less than you know you ought to in life?

    MAY GOD SHOW YOU HIS GLORY!


  6. #6
    Mystermenace Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    It will always be true that there are some things we won't know and that's ok.
    We don't know that god has another thousand worlds that he has given the same promises to as he has here on Earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    We are His main purpose.
    A finite world such as ours doesn't amount to more than 0.0000...000% of god's infiniteness. Put about a billion more zeros where those three dots are and it is still too much.
    To claim we are god's main purpose would be to bring him down into the finite realm of our world.

    And all your biblical citations were irrelevant to the point also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    God can't be less than perfect. This is a perfect creation. Why accept anything less? Why would you try to do worse on a test or do less than you know you ought to in life?
    Why do you say that god can make nothing perfect other than this world? Don' t you believe that god is omnipotent?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    3,229
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    17

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystermenace View Post
    We don't know that god has another thousand worlds that he has given the same promises to as he has here on Earth.
    We know life can't exist on another planet because there is not enough interatomic interactions in the history of the universe and because Hugh Ross has taken 800 variables required for life, and there is no enough planets in the universe to make it possible. Even if there was life on another planet or another universe, it really doesn't change the fact the ultimate cause needs be uncaused with a mind.

    A finite world such as ours doesn't amount to more than 0.0000...000% of god's infiniteness. Put about a billion more zeros where those three dots are and it is still too much.
    Indeed.

    To claim we are god's main purpose would be to bring him down into the finite realm of our world.
    Not at all. First he created the angels and 1/3 fell away which was an eternal choice without redemption, and they knew it. So God created man who was redeemable after the fall, but only a small fraction of souls will be saved, because the vast majority are like those fallen angels who want to be eternally separated from God. How vain though since God is in control of all worlds and all dimensions. There is no escaping His design.

    We are His perfect creation. Nobody knows all the things He has planned for us, and He loves us so much that He gave His only begotten to Son to pay for the sons to be the perfect and necessary ransom to meet His justice and love.

    And all your biblical citations were irrelevant to the point also.
    I am glad you couldn't show it.

    "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not" (1 John 3.1).

    The Bible say you don't know me, you can't, because your spirit is dead to God. You're as cold as ice.

    "All who claim me as their God will come, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them" (Is. 43.7).

    Christians are for His glory. He calls the most beautiful thing on earth, the pearl of great price, the Church body of Christ. If you can't sense this, just know you have a conscience that is millions of miles away from one that is regenerated and quickened with God's life for His Holy Spirit to indwell.

    Why do you say that god can make nothing perfect other than this world? Don' t you believe that god is omnipotent?
    God is omnipotent, but He can't violate His righteousness. It would be evil of God to create a world ensemble less than this one. And He can't create one better than this one because this is the best.

  8. #8
    Mystermenace Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    Nobody knows all the things He has planned for us,
    I claim that you don't know all the things he has planned for the rest of the universe either.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    3,229
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystermenace View Post
    I claim that you don't know all the things he has planned for the rest of the universe either.
    That's nice but not sure how that helps you deal with your never ending problem that you still can't find a naturalistic explanation for the origin of the disciples' beliefs, and your timeless spaceless imaginary cause for the universe from nothing has no mind as God does, so God trumps your idol since a mind is needed to create a mind.

  10. #10
    Mystermenace Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    That's nice but not sure how that helps you deal with your never ending problem that you still can't find a naturalistic explanation for the origin of the disciples' beliefs,
    Everyday a million and one people believe things that are false. A million of them don't blame it on god. When they figure it out, they blame it on being wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    and your timeless spaceless imaginary cause for the universe from nothing has no mind as God does, so God trumps your idol since a mind is needed to create a mind.
    "a mind is needed to create a mind" is a quaint claim, but without any reasoning to support it, it doesn't hold much sway.

    You like to quote the bible as rebuttal. You should stick to what the bible says and not what you want it to say. Otherwise, someone has to decide what the biblical words will mean when some biblical words are needed, and then you have a cult, not a religion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 09:56 PM
  2. Does God Exist? and if so, Who is God?
    By Finestwheat in forum Minimal Facts Approach
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 03:17 AM
  3. 4 Possibilities Exist About Jesus
    By Churchwork in forum Triune God
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 07:21 AM
  4. Why Assume First God Does Not Exist?
    By Churchwork in forum Atheist/Agnostic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
  5. How do we know angels exist?
    By Churchwork in forum Gap Restoration
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •