Re: rlhuckle - CARM

Quote Originally Posted by rlhuckle
In my mind, the only way Christ "saves" the reprobate is by the fact that He has ordained their existence for the good of His elect and does not immediately cast all of them into the lake of fire for the rest of eternity. As such, they enjoy the pleasures of the flesh for a little while.
Nobody is questioning that God ordains salvation to His elect, but given the passage above in Luke 9 or Rev. 3.20, Calvinism is seriously undermined because these passages imply sufficient grace given to us all to be able to respond so that when God ordains salvation to His elect He is not doing so by irresistible grace, but through His sufficient grace He predestinates us by foreknowing our free-choice, for just as God is relational in His 3 Persons, He is relational with us (synergistic) and not monergistic.

Think upon how evil it would be to not provide souls any grace to respond and let them suffer for awhile then throw them into Hell. Not only is that evil but it is also sadistic. As we should not blame others for what is not their fault, nor should you expect God to if He is righteous, holy and true. My prayer is that one day you give your life to Chirst.

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 9.11-13).

In other words, how can God's standards be less than our own?