Thread: Professor Sir Roger Penrose - Oxford University

Blog Entries

Default Professor Sir Roger Penrose - Oxford University

Professor Sir Roger Penrose of Oxford University believes the universe eventually loses all its mass and time and becomes just photons which then become the starting point for another big bang. The small and big become equivalent. Our entire universe converts to energy, so all our conventional ideas of time and space disappear, yet presumably able to cause the next big bang.

Previously he was an anti-big banger. He believed it was the wrong question to ask what came before the big bang because before the big bang there would be no time, so the very notion of "before" is a false one, but he no longer believes that. Obviously, he finds fault with that idea for how can the universe just have a big bang and shut our minds down to its cause.

The problem with his first idea is that there would have been an eternity of the past of cause and effects going on, so we would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so.

What started this cycle off in the first place? You can't avoid that question if you know what is good for you. Compare the earliest point in Penrose's design to God's design who is outside of time and space, because in order to produce a mind with self-consciousness and God-consciousness, you would have to have a mind.

Blog Entries

What I think is happening in all these theories is that they want to explain the big bang without God. They want to imagine existing conditions before the big bang and essentially an infinite regress of cycles or other mechanism without the pre-existing uncreated Creator.

The fact of the matter is why would God want these cycles of births and rebirths of the universe? Seems meaningless to me. Why can't God get it right the first time? God has created an abode for us where heaven and earth comes together that never die out. It is called the New City in the New Earth on Mars conveniently located next to us and has that great high mountain in Revelation John viewed the New City from, the highest mountain in our solar system -- mount Olympus. That's a much better reality. The other ideas are ultimately death and meaningless and annihilationism. And no I didn't make a mistake, Mars will disappear also, but God has that figured out too how He will transfer us into our new abode. Remember, the New City initially is 1379 x 1379 miles, walls 216 feet high, on the New Earth, but after God has loved us for a 1000 generations, the New City will take the form of 1379 x 1379 x 1379 miles, walls 216 feet thick, and will be able to travel through the cosmos forever. There will be say 300 generations in the millennial kingdom when Jesus reigns on earth which leaves 700 generations in the New City on Mars. Crazy I know! But that is what the Bible is telling me and presumably the Holy Spirit in my spirit in agreement with the word of God. Think about it! Man one day will get bored enough. With the right technology I think man could travel to another solar system even though it would take hundreds of years or longer to get there.

What if it serves no meaningful purpose to inject all these fancy theories of reploading universes (I got dibs on that word I just invented)? Why not build on our proven ones instead?

What if all that this universe is, is the very best! How romantic! And there is a 3rd heaven and a 2nd heaven as well as our 1st heaven (universe).

I like it that way. I don't need to go on a wild goose chase. I am happy to know God is going to get us to explore the universe in the cubic New City. All good things come to those who wait.

Thread Information