Thread: Gary Stearman - False Teaching on the Timing of the Raptures

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default Gary Stearman - False Teaching on the Timing of the Raptures

Gary Stearman doesn't agree with anything I am about to tell you. These words are in response to his Sept. 24, 2010 Two Trumpets broadcast.

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night" (Rev. 12.10).

This is during the Tribulation. Denying the martyrdom of the saints during the Tribulation is just wrong. Don't accuse the brethren of coming under the wrath of God because Christians are in the Tribulation.

"Because thou didst keep the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of trial, that [hour] which is to come upon the whole world, to try them that dwell upon the earth" (Rev. 3.10). This is an if/then conditional statement. Do all Christians do this? No. So most Christians will pass through the time of testing with about 1/7th of believers alive at the First Rapture to be raptured before the Tribulation as suggested by the fact only the Philadelphia of the 7 churches was an overcomer church.

The 7th Trumpet Rapture is after 42 months + 5 months + 13 months after the Tribulation commences. This last trump, the trump of God, takes place before the last 24 months of the bowls which are specifically the wrath we are told in Revelation. The 7th trumpet rapture follows after the first rapture by 60 months. Here we see in Revelation 11 those in in the air at the last trumpet: "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying..." (v.15). This multitude are the raptured saints from the First Rapture as well as those raptured as martyrs during the Tribulation 3.5 days after they go to rest, and the raptured saints at the last trumpet or trump of God: 2nd of Gary's 2 trumpets.

Prophecy in the News has to stop teaching falsely otherwise they will be cohorts in a great deception surrounding the timing of the rapture to deceive many.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/Partial_rapture.htm The Partial Rapture Proof

Thessalonians 1.10 “The wrath to come” - Pretribulation onlyists say this is the Great Tribulation. Since the Lord Jesus will deliver us from the wrath to come, we must be raptured before the Great Tribulation. Also, 1 Thessalonians 5.9 “For God appointed us not unto wrath” - Once again this “wrath” has reference to the Great Tribulation. Let me say, though, that such an interpretation of “wrath” here as being the Great Tribulation is incorrect. How do we know that this wrath must necessarily be the wrath in the Great Tribulation? And even if it were granted that it is, such an interpretation of this word “wrath” would still be unreasonable because the Great Tribulation, on the one hand, is God’s punishment and wrath coming upon the unbelievers, and on the other hand is Satan’s attack and wrath descending on the believers. When Satan assaults the believers, the latter enter into the experience of the Great Tribulation but do not come under the wrath of God.

1 Thess. 5.8 says "But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation."

Now if you are a Christian and you don't fulfill this condition do you really think you are going to be received at the first rapture? God has afforded you the salvation of the first rapture, but if you lie on a bed of fornication you surely will pass through the time of testing to only be raptured at the 7th trumpet or as a martyr 3.5 days after you go to rest.

The martyrdom of the saints won't take place? "That they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they [were], should be fulfilled" (Rev. 6.10) and "[I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Rev. 20.4)

The Feast of Trumpets, Shofars, will take place Sept. 14, 2015, but won't you be surprised when you see several million people disappeared. If you had realized this was just a partial rapture of readiness, rather than the whole Church, you might have not blamed the saints day and night (Rev. 12.10) when this occurs. Great deception has come upon Gary Stearman and J. R. Church who obviously will never repent. Would you thus also deny it is the Tribulation when it is occurring because if it was, you would have been included in the first rapture? You will be in a most perplexed state on Sept. 14, 2015, the Feast of Trumpets. Who is to say you won't take the mark of the beast as well?

Some argue that according to I Thessalonians 4.15, the living “shall in no wise precede them who are fallen asleep” -The dead are resurrected at the seventh trumpet; and so timewise, rapture occurs after the Tribulation. Now if there is a first rapture, it will have to take place before the resurrection of the dead. But since this verse distinctly says “shall in no wise,” how then can rapture take place twice [two trumpets]? Let me say in reply that it is most precious and significant to find in both verse 15 and verse 17 the qualifying clauses “we that are alive, that are left” - Now to be alive is obviously to be left on earth; why, then, is there this apparent unnecessary repetition? Because it implies that there are people who though alive yet have already gone ahead (that is, raptured) and therefore are no longer left on earth.

Would Paul enlist himself among this class of people who are alive and are left? Not at all. He uses the word “we” only because he is speaking at that moment of writing, and the proof of this is that since Paul no longer lives today, he cannot be numbered among those who are left on earth. Our summary conclusion to all this is that the third school of interpretation seems to be the correct one - that is to say, that one group of believers will be raptured before the Tribulation while another group of believers will go through the Tribulation and be raptured afterwards (at the start of the bowls, the start of the 7th trumpet, with 24 months left to the Tribulation to unfold).

1 Corinthians 15.50-55; 1 Thessalonians 4.16-17. The first passage dwells on resurrection and change; the second deals with resurrection and rapture. These two are parallel passages. All students of the Bible agree that the events in both passages happen at the same time. Is there any intimation as to the actual time for these events? Indeed, there is. “At the last trump” (the 2nd of the two trumpets, or the 7th trumpet, however you want to look at it) indicates that the time must be after the Tribulation. The first school of interpretation insists that the blowing of the last trumpet occurs before the Tribulation, but its adherents have not a single Scripture verse to support their view. The last trumpet is sounded after the Tribulation; it is the last of the seven trumpets mentioned in the book of Revelation.

How absurd it would be if after the last trumpet had been sounded there would still remain seven more trumpets to be heard! It would be like having had the last son born, only to be followed by seven more sons. Someone contends that the “trump” here is the trump of the church, not that of the Tribulation. Where, then, is there recorded in the Scriptures anything said about the first trump of the church? Still others say that Paul merely borrows from the Roman military custom, that as soon as the last trumpet is blown the entire army marches away. Yet the Scriptures have not adopted this Roman military practice. This “trump” is the trump of God, not of the church. Without a doubt it is the last of the seven trumpets cited in the book of Revelation. Furthermore, according to Revelation 10.7, at the sounding of the seventh trumpet the mystery of God is finished - which mystery is the church.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Re: Bob Ulrich bob@pitn.tv at Prophecy in the News speaking for Gary Stearman

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    This is a basic failure to incorporate man's works into the plan of salvation and a failure to clearly differentiate between God's plan for Israel and God's plan for the church and the true purpose of the Tribulation. You don't think that people will be saved during the Tribulation and killed for the cause of Christ? They're the martyrs under the throne.

How good does one have to be to to make the 1st rapture? On a scale of 1-10? If 7 is the cut off, what if I'm a 6.9 and how would I know? Ridiculous.

We've heard this partial rapture stuff for years. It's a true man-made doctrine with no biblical basis. But it appeals to the people who think we can actually earn our way into heaven. I've read your info and looked at your website. I can see how it would appeal to people's emotions. Fortunately, the blood of Christ is sufficient to save us from all sin. You're either saved or you're not. I suspect a lot of people are not truly saved.

Bob
    I don't think people will be martyred for Christ and saved in the Tribulation? I am the one who said this is what will happen in previous message to you, and they are the Church. The Holy Spirit is present throughout. I am a dispensationalist. I believe God has a covenant with Israel to be fulfilled as well as for His Church, so why sin bearing false witness? I wrote about it...
    http://biblocality.com/forums/faq.ph...s_for_apostles

I do think what you are referring to shows you are mistreating the Jews as follows...

Jeremiah 30.6-7 “The time of Jacob’s trouble” - The claim is the Great Tribulation is only for the Jews, not for the Gentiles or for the church. Since the church is not the Jews, we therefore will not go through the Great Tribulation. See also Daniel 12.1. If there were only these two passages in the entire Bible which speak of the Great Tribulation, then the Great Tribulation would indeed be exclusively for the Jews. But we can read other passages in the Bible, such as Revelation 3 which speaks of “the hour of trial, that hour which is to come upon the whole world, to try them that dwell upon the earth” (v.10). The prophecies of Jeremiah and Daniel were directed toward the Jews, and hence they used such words “Jacob” and “Thy people” quite logically.

How unrighteous to leave believers stranded without the aid of the Church during the Tribulation. The Church will need those who have been in the Lord for decades and as a result of the first rapture, though they missed it, have a renewed faith in Him. t is a time of testing for all. To leave a new believer barren with no working Church during the Tribulation seems downright evil. I pray you hath an ear to hear.

I don't want to take up too much space, though many more reasons are given. Have you examined those reasons,
    http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/Partial_rapture.htm

God says "overcometh" in Revelation 2 & 3 with commensurate rewards, but you respond with this is to "incorporate man's work into the plan of salvation" as though you are accusing God's very word. Those who overcometh receive the reward of returning with Christ. What you are teaching is degraded morality through antinomianism because now it doesn't matter what you do, there are no consequences for you, so you think. This can't be of God then.

Just as Christians have been under the wrath of Satan (Smyrna church period in the 2nd and 3rd centuries particularly stands out) all this time (called in Hebrew 'tribulation the great'), the Church is not excluded during the consummation of this age either. The Church is seen in the Tribulation...

Revelation 1-3 speaks of the church. After chapter 3 the church is no longer mentioned, so that she must have already been raptured by the time of chapter 4ff. (in the kingdom age, all will be righteousness and majesty; there will not be the patience of Christ). If chapters 1-3 refer to this age, chapters 4-19 will be the time of the Great Tribulation, in which the church has no part. This kind of argument is called the argument from silence. However, we cannot say that from chapters 4 through 19 the church is never touched upon. Even though the word “church” is not used, many other descriptions employed do indeed fit the church, such as “didst purchase unto God with thy blood men of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation” (5.10), “the saints” (17.6), and “the armies which are in heaven” (19.14). Unquestionably the word “church” is not used, but who can say that those in view in the above examples do not belong to the church? Furthermore, “the things which must shortly come to pass” (including the Great Tribulation) are shown to “his servants” (22.6), and “these things” (including the Great Tribulation) are testified “for the churches” (22.16). These things will not be written if they are not relevant to the church and to the believers.

Why are you worrying about who qualifies as an overcomer? It's God's decision. Trust in His decision, and continue steadfast in the Lord. You're thinking worldly. But if you want to know more of what an overcomer is, read your Bible. It's all there. James teaches works flow from salvation, but not works of the flesh like being a product pusher and false teaching and other vices.

All you have is sin bearing false witness. Partial rapture doesn't teach earning your way to heaven, for anyone who is saved is once-saved-always-saved. Heaven is assured in coming together with Earth to form the New Earth. There are consequences for Christians who are product pushers, who teach falsely, who sin, who do not abide in God's will. You think not, boy will you be in a for a rude awakening! I would not want to be in your shoes.

I can see how pretrib onlyism antinomianism appeals to peoples' emotions because that feels good you get to escape the Tribulation and there is nothing that can prevent that, so it doesn't matter what you do now. See how Satan has his hands in the Church with pretrib onlyism! We should live by faith not by feelings. I realized you are locked into this false teaching all these years now and it is virtually impossible to get out because we are creatures of habit, but God can change you.

Just realize you didn't counter Matt. 24.40-41,42, Luke 21.36 and Rev. 3.10, for these are clearly conditional statements. IF/THEN. Can you see how you shut your mind down to this? There are so many verses in the Bible that call us to overcometh. It's amazing how you overlook this. I guess that is the nature of the heresy of antinomianism: Satan loves it when you shut your mind down.

The blood of Christ is sufficient to save a person, but that doesn't mean that person remains a lump on a log or ignores responsibility or on the other hand is a product pusher and this is where he gets his energy from or in many other unholy ways. There are consequences. You think not. All I can say, if you are saved, when the Tribulation starts there is no way you will be raptured. You will find yourself in the Tribulation and not be included with those who were ready to be taken up at the first rapture. You are brothers and sisters, but you were not ready. You were like a balloon tied down to the world, unwilling to be released. Realize that when it happens I pray you don't accuse (Rev. 12.10) several million people who have disappeared. If you are truly saved, don't think that you are not just because you were not included. But do repent of your false teach, accept it is the Tribulation is happening when you are in it, and don't take the mark of the beast. You will be raptured in the twinkling of an eye if you are alive and left.

My prayers go out to you.

Thread Information