Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
@Parture

"The evidence is just too overwhelming and so well documented, it is as sure a fact in history as any in antiquity. "

Yet, from a global perspective, not even 1 in 3 people believe that; if it is so obvious and so well evidenced why is that? Why in today's society do so many people from religious backgrounds turn away from that religion? It is not about selfishness and a lack of morality so don't even try that.
I am sure more than 1 in 3 people in the world believe Jesus was a real person since 1 in 3 people call themselves Christian at least, but not everyone gives their lives to Christ as that is their choice. Why is Jesus so well evidenced? Because nobody in antiquity has as as many sources written about them. The reason you don't give your life to Christ is because of selfishness and your immoral sin nature and free will that you want to be that way. How sad for you that this is the way you want to be. All is proven here.

“there would have been an eternity to have happened already so you would have been born, lived and died already, having had an eternity to do so.”

You are hung up on word games with eternity and not thinking about infinity correctly. In a truly infinite universe with no beginning and no end any one single point in time is exactly as valid as any other; past and future have no meaning as concepts. There is not an eternity before I am born and an eternity after I die; there is simply eternity, that I happen along during.
I am not saying some points in your fanciful infinite regress would not be as valid as another if your fantasy was true. Past and future have no meaning as concepts? Sure they do. If there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects you would have happened already having had an eternity to do so. If "there is not an eternity before I am born" then the universe was created. You are committing the very error you accuse of playing word games with your doubletalk by saying "there is not an eternity before I am born" and there is "a truly infinite universe with no beginning". The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). Come on now, admit it, you are a zombie for Satan. You're trying so hard but still fail each time. It shows that you don't care for the truth, don't seek for the truth with an honest, so you don't care how goofy you sound in your arguments. The flesh can rationalize anything and will do so for eternity in Hell.

“salvation is not by works lest any man should boast. A person can't save himself by works, that would never satisfy God's heart since a sinner's works could never match up to an infinitely greater God. Hence, we see Abel's free will offering that was not from works so it was accepted, whereas Cain's offering was from the fruit of his labor that God rejected.”

You are asserting this to be true based on your personal beliefs and expect me to just ‘take your word for it’? Your reference to the myth of Cain and Abel is not proof of anything, it is a story.
Firstly it stands logically an infinitely greater God could never be satisfied with our works because we could work for eternity and He would still be eternally unsatisfied with our works because those works do not originate in Him but sin and/or self. Only God's works are adequate. Anything less is inadequate. That you don't appreciate this is due to your self-exalted self like Lucifer when he fell and became Satan. You're oblivious to your sin nature because your sin nature has clouded your judgment. But don't take my word for it, take Jesus' words for it, since He proved it to be true by His resurrection. The burden is on you to show Cain and Abel are myth. Unless and until you do so, nobody should believe you.