Thread: Rejecting the God of Sufficient Grace to All Men and Women

Blog Entries

Default Rejecting the God of Sufficient Grace to All Men and Women

Re: foreverinchrist1
    http://www.youtube.com/user/foreverinchrist1

Quote Originally Posted by foreverinchrist1
    You love the term Calvinist! Why? because a man by the name of John Calvin believed in Eternal Security. If You really studied the Bible and understood what it really teaches the only system that it true is the Reformed Faith.
    I studied the Bible and understood, finding no verses for Calvinism, but certainly verses for Arminianism, and therefore Calvinism introduces a lie, reforming nothing.

By the way, I am not mad or troubled by the things you say, trust me. I use to teach and believe what you believe, so I am no stranger to it.
    Sounds like a contradiction on your part. You were saved one way before, but now you are saved another way? That only shows me you were never born-again to begin with because you renounce how you originally said you were saved.

I know without a doubt that Arminianism is a false doctrine. It contradict's itself most of the time.
    I'm glad you can't show any contradiction.

Actually the Five points of Calvinism were in answer to the Five points of Arminianism. Thew council of Dort rejected Arminianism as false. This I am pretty sure you know.
    Actually Arminius came after Calvin, so it's the other way around.

There are two types of Calvinist, a 4-Point and a 5-Point. The only different between the two in the Doctrine of limited atonement. One believes that salvation is offered to everyone and the other believes that it is only offered to God's elect.
    The 4 point Calvinists contradict themselves, claiming God wants all to be saved openly, but secretly he doesn't. Be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). Spurgeon was not born-again either. All 5 points of Calvinism are internally coherent, but evil, leading to a false salvation and eternal damnation in Hell.

I am a 5-Point Calvinist, and since God chooses whom he desire to save, that's His right (Romans 9:11-23). In Eph 1:1-4; Paul makes it clear that only thoses whom God elect's belong to Him. As a matter of fact, He elected them before the foundation of the world to be Holy and without blame before Him in love (Eph 1:4).
    God does not choose a personally evilly though, for He provides sufficient grace to all to have the choice. Your god is unable to do this, impotent to be able to do what God can do.

So you can see that the elect were not chosen because they were holy, but they were chosen to be holy.
    That God gives you the choice doesn't mean you are holy any more than you are holy for assuming you were irresistibly selected. His elect are chosen to be holy, but that is not mutually exclusive of giving us the choice.

Jesus makes it clear that only God the Father elects. So you can see my friend there is no such thing decisional regeneration.
    God the Father elects, not by you assuming you were irresistibly selected, but by foreknowing your free-choice. By assuming you were irresistibly selected, without genuine repentance and faith in Christ to be regenerated, tells us all that you are not a child of God, for you have not made an authentic choice for Christ. Believers will spend eternity with fellow brothers and sisters who have.

The fact's are clear that no one can come unless God does something in that person to make him/she desire to want to come to Jesus. Roman's 3:11 tell us that we all have no desire for God or want Him at all. So unless God does something to an individual, he/she will never come to Him.
    God provides us all with sufficient grace, so the reason why someone is not saved, such as yourself, is because you don't come to God with an honest heart. Certainly, nobody can come to God on their own, and nobody does. Hence God provides the sufficient enabling grace to all. Your god doesn't do this, and therefore, you worship the evil spirit's facsimile.

That's how I know you are unsaved. God is the "Savior of all men, specially those who believe" (1 Tim. 4.10), not the Savior of all men but some go to Hell, specially those who believe".

My prayer is that one day you yet give your life to Christ. Amen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foreverinchrist1
    Obviously your thinking has been impaired. I didn't say that man is utter depraved, I said that he is total depraved. There is a difference. The term total depravity refers to the effects of sin and corruption on the whole person. To be totally depraved is to suffer from corruption that pervades the whole person.
    Arminians believe that sin pervades the whole being, but what Calvinists mean by this is more than that when they erect their idol called Total depravity presenting man as utterly depraved, with the condition that none receive God and therefore your god has to irresistibly impose regeneration on some and preterition others. Again, we see your god is impotent to be able to provide sufficient grace to all to give the person the choice.

Paul makes it clear that there is none righteous, no, not one (Ro.3:10). Romans 3:12 declares that all have "turn aside" . . . there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

R.S. Sproul makes a point that will help you understand the doctrine of total depravity. He said total depravity is the fallen state known as original sin. The doctrine of original sin does not refer to the first sin committed by Adam and Eve, but to the result of that first sin.
    Original sin means original sin, not sin that consequently derives from that sin. Sproul is wrong and unsaved.

Augustine said that sin is universal and that mankind is a "mass of sin". Man is incapable of elevating himself to the good without the work of God's grace within.
    Yes but you're missing the point that your god has to irresistibly impose salvation on people whereas God of the Bible doesn't have to.

Martin Luther wrote "According to the apostle Paul and the simple sense of him who is in Christ, it is not merely the lack of quality in the will or indeed merely the lack of light in the intellect, of strength in the memory. Rather it is a complete deprivation of all rectitude and of the ability of the powers of the body as well as the soul and of the entire inner and outer man.

Since no seeks after God while unregenerate, it is no surprise that we all turn aside or move out of the way.
    Yet man is not Totally depraved because God provides sufficient grace to all.

We do not find God in our search for Him. We are found by God. Our search for God begins at conversion. It is the converted person who genuinely and sincerely seeks after God (R.S. Sproul "What is Reformed Theology" pp.125).
    God says to search Him out with all your heart and soul then surely you will find Him. You're confusing God's pleading with us and the grace He provides for us to be able to respond with the new life that God builds and supports in faith increased after being saved.

The Scripture tell us that the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, "because they are spiriturally discerned" (1 Cor.2:14). It is becoming clear why you cannot aprehen the truth of the Scrptures. Your mind cannot grasps the truth, you need a conversion, you need to be born again. That sound's stupid, but that's the way you behave. Show some maturity and not childish behavoir.
    You are trying to worship God with your natural strength. This is clearly seen when you are unwilling to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated, but instead pridefully without that repentance that God provides, you choose to just assume you were irresistibly selected. Christians look upon you as pompous and obnoxious, not our brother in Christ.

I realize why you keep saying I am lost, It is obvious you use it to cover up your weakness of Scriptural truth. The only conclusion to can come up with is to revert to the "you are lost mentality". Show me that you can give a proper exegesis of Scripture without the insults.
    Since you can find no verses in the Bible that teach God does not provide sufficient grace for all and that man is no longer made in God's image, then realize THAT is the reason why I am telling you the truth you are have never been born-again.

Trust me my friend, what I teach is not hersy. I have been chosen by God to preach the Gospel to the lost. I don't need someone like you to ramp about me, you don't even know me. You need to be careful about how you talk about God's anointed. That is one thing you don't do.
    Don't trust me, just simply observe God's word, you have never been born-again, since you can find no verses in the Bible that support your heresy of Calvinism. As far as we know now, clearly God has never chosen you; that is not to say you may not give your life to Christ one day and repent of the false Christ you currently value. God has told me you are not saved. How can I deny God's word?

If you want me to respect what you are trying to relate then I deserve the same respect. I want to hear some proper exegesis from you with Scripture to back it up. So far you haven't given me any.
    I certainly can't respect your false salvation; and I don't expect to be respected by someone who is living a lie. You want an aberrant teaching so the burden of the proof is on you. Still you can find no verses in God's word to support any of the 5 points of Calvinism. Each time I have showed you have you misrepresented God's word verse by verse. God is the "Savior of all men, specially those who believe" not "Savior of some men only, specially those who believe" for that makes no sense. He died on the cross for all, and graces us all with the enablement to respond to His atoning sacrifice. Amen.

The truth is because of our inability to come to Christ on our own God has to draw us to Him (Jn 6:65). In yes God chooses whom he want's to save (Ro.9:11-23). Some will be chosen to salvation other will simply go to hell. That my friend is Scriptural. God is Sovereign and He can do what ever He pleases. He owe us nothing. If anything we all deserve to go to hell.
    The issue is not whether God draws us but how He draws us. He doesn't irresistibly impose regeneration on you as Calvin would have you believe, but He gives us the choice which is why He pleads with us to repent and believe on Him. God doesn't choose a person for Hell by giving them no grace and just because they were born sinners, for that would be evil, like Hitler who sends the Jews to the gas chambers destined from birth according to the religion of the Nazi's and assuming the Aryan race. Nobody deserves to go to Hell for being born into sin, but you do deserve to go to Hell for rejecting His way of salvation.

Now what I would like for you to do is give me an exegesis on Romans 9:11-23. Do you think that you can do that? I wait for your answer.
    No, what you need to do is get these verses to agree with you, which you can't. The burden of the proof is on you because you have the aberrant teaching. All I need do is respond to your attempts. I've already given you a verse, 1 Timothy 10.4 which you have not responded to, so I tend to prefer not to jump around. And I have responded to all your attempts thus far, none of which have succeeded for your beliefs.

The Scriptures tell us that God before the foundation of the world Chose whom he wanted to save. We were elected before we were ever born. Our election had nothing to do with how holy we are. God elected us out of His own good pleasure to conform to the image of His son (Eph. 1:1-13).

Can you give me the order of Salvation? Do you understand the doctrine of Salvation? If so then give me an exegesis of both my questions.
    Election is by God foreknowing our free-choice, before the foundations of the world. Election depends on you, not on how you are, but on your choice. If you were to die in the next second, since you had never given your life to Christ, it is clear God has not elected you, because you still refuse to repent and believe in Him to be regenerated. Since Christians realize we had repented and had faith, and notice you are unwilling to, but just assume you were selected, we consider that pompous and indicative of an unsaved soul. You want to be saved selfishly, but God will have no part of it, nor will His children. How sad for you that this is the way you want to be.

Thread Information