It seems to me that the core teachings of Christianity are immoral. In fact they are multiple immoralities and absurdities piled on top of each other.

- The creation story is clearly legendary complete with magical fruit, talking snakes, mud-men and rib-women. It is absurd. There is no good reason to believe it is anything other than an ancient myth.

- In the above myth naked innocents had no knowledge of things like good, evil and death until they ate from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. How can innocents be responsible for committing some evil when they had no knowledge of what good and evil are? How can you tell them that if they disobey they will surely die and expect them to understand when they don't know what death is? The story makes no sense.

- Due to the "transgression" of the above naked innocents, man is supposedly cursed and deserving of hell by default. By default we're all supposedly deserving of hell due to our sinful nature which is due to the sin of a long ago ancestor. Yet this core belief is immoral as it is immoral to punish one person for the sin of another.

- The supposed "solution" to the above problem of man deserving hell is a human sacrifice. This one doubles as both absurdity and immorality. It's absurd because human sacrifice as a solution to anything is absurd. I mean how does human sacrifice make sense? What does killing something DO beyond making the thing you killed dead? In pharmacology terms, what is the "mechanism of action" of a murder? Are we to believe god looks down and says "oh, well they killed that innocent guy so now I can forgive them for how I made them"?

- And of course the human sacrifice is immoral because punishing one person for what someone else did is immoral. If all your children are being bad but one, do you have the bad ones kill the one good one so you can forgive the rest? Would anyone do that? No? So why do you allow the same craziness to go unquestioned in your religious beliefs?!?

- Another note on the above human sacrifice--it supposedly doesn't work unless you believe it. This is again both an immorality and an absurdity. It's as absurd as the sacrifice itself... why and how exactly does belief have anything to do with anything? Are we to believe god looks down and says "well they believed this ancient story with no good evidence, so now I can accept their murder and forgive them for how I created them"?

- And requiring belief in an unlikely story with no good evidence or else you doom someone is immoral. It results in torturing otherwise good people forever in hell because of where god decided to birth them or (like in my case) because they couldn't force themselves to believe a silly story. This moral conflict actually causes quite a few Christians to not believe in hell (why they don’t connect the dots one step further and just leave the religion entirely is my question).

I don't think I'm saying anything most Christians don't already know. They just refuse to really THINK about these issues objectively. How any thinking person could be a Christian is totally beyond me. I'm sure some apologist will write a mini-novel reply to try to "spin" excuses for my common sense observations... but whatever the spin come back and read my comments again and see for yourself if they still stand as simple common sense observations despite the excuses and spin.