Thread: Beyond the Evolution vs. Creation Debate

Joseph Guest

Default Scientific Predictions of Christian Positions on Origins

I'm a big fan of Denis Lamoureux. I've found his work to be very informative over the years. What do others think?

This presentation examines the fossil pattern predictions of the three basic Christian positions on origins—young earth creation, progressive creation, and evolutionary creation. These predictions are then compared to the actual fossil pattern in the geological record.

Joseph Guest

Default Beyond the Evolution vs. Creation Debate

Denis O. Lamoureux - http://www.ualberta.ca/~dlamoure/ - is an assistant professor of science and religion at St. Joseph's College in the University of Alberta. His appointment is the first tenure-track position in Canada dedicated to teaching and research on the relationship between scientific discovery and Christian faith.

Are there only two positions on origins? Evolution or creation? This lecture is an introduction to professional terminology, science-religion dialogue, and various views on origins—young earth creation, progressive creation (old earth creation), evolutionary creation (theistic evolution), deistic evolution, and atheistic evolution.

Joseph Guest

Default Coming to Terms with Evolution: A Personal Story

Denis Lamoureux - Coming to Terms with Evolution: A Personal Story

"I have wrestled with the issue of origins for well over twenty years. I lost my boyhood Christian faith in first year college because of evolution, and eventually I became an atheist. Two years after graduation I returned to faith and embraced young earth creation. During my masters degree in theology, I realised that it was not possible to read the Biblical creation accounts literally. And during my PhD in biology, I saw the evidence for evolution, some of which I will share in this presentation. My voyage ends with me accepting both God and evolution, a view of origins called "evolutionary creation"."

Blog Entries

I prefer Gap Restoration which is a literal interpretation and is the only interpretation that explains why day 2 was not called a good day and why there was killing in pre-Adamic men and pre-Endemic species.

If you would like to learn about it more, read here,

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/mystery.htm

Because of the sin of the inhabitants of earth's earliest ages, God laid waste and desolate in Genesis 1.2. But praise God He restored creation summed up the six literal days. Amen.

p.s. and you didn't even need a biology degree or a masters in theology to realize that.

Thread Information