Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Major Sins of Mormonism/LDS

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default 6 Major Sins of Mormonism/LDS

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble" (James 2.19)
    "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Tim. 2.5)
    "Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you" (Deut. 6.14)
    "Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name" (Deut. 6.13)
    "How else is God suppose to say it, for you to accept it, that there are no other gods?"
    "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD" (Deut. 6.4)

From a plain reading of the Scriptures, we can see how Mormons/LDS eternally separate themselves from God:

1) Where in Church history in a creed have Christians agreed with your polytheism or henotheism and renounced the monotheism of ancient Israel and the Church found in the 66 books of the Bible, the inerrant word of God? Aren't you being like Satan who said, "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High" (Is. 14.14) when you claim you always existed or will be a God? Don't Mormons/LDS say there were gods before God and after God? But the Bible says, "Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Isaiah 43.10).

2) Those who believed in Christ "shall never perish" (John 10.28); but Mormons/LDS say many believers will perish.

3) "All things were made by him [Jesus]; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3). But Mormons/LDS say Jesus didn't create everything.

4) Mormons/LDS don't believe in God of the Bible "who alone" (1 Tim. 6.16) was "from everlasting" (Neh. 9.5).

5) We are "justified by faith in Christ, and not by works: for by works shall no flesh be justified" (Gal. 2.16). But Mormons believe they are justified by works for initial salvation or in the strength of their own power, not God's power, to keep themselves in their false salvation. Man doesn't even have the ability to keep on believing, so to be saved you will have to give your life to and receive the God who keeps and not one who gives you a selfish "out-clause" that renders you without confidence and full of doubt.

6) Not once in the NT do we find Jesus called the Father, yet the book of Mormon says Jesus is the Father.

Off-Putting Mormon Doctrine

Debunking FairMormon Debunking

MormonDisproved.com

Cult Watch Mormons - II Nephi 31:21 "...of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen"

Mormon 7:7 "...unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God..."

D&C Section 20:28 "Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen."

I can understand the confusion for Mormons, because then you also read Ether 3:14 "...Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son..."

I don't recall Jesus ever saying that He is the Father when He was praying to the Father. Some Mormon verses teach modalism which is also a heresy.

Alma 11:38-39,44 "And Zeezrom saith again unto him: Is the Son of God the very Eternal Father? And Amulek said unto him: Yea, he is the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth, and all things which them are; he is the beginning and the end, the first and the last;...Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God..."

Mosiah 15:1-4 "I would that ye should understand that God himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem his people. And because he dwelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son - The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and the Son-And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth."

That's goofy to say Jesus is "the Father...because he was conceived by the power of God", that is, another god. If you are conceived by something else then you are not God the Father.

Church of the Living Dead - “The only men who become gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy.” SOURCE: Journal of Discourses, Vol. 11, page 269

Therefore, this proves according to your own faith you will never be a god because you are too afraid to marry multiple women even 14 year old girls. So sad too bad.

Cult Watch - Mormonism -
    Mormon doctrine both Jesus and Satan are created beings, the spirit children of their father Elohim. This makes them brothers. Mormons do not deny this, “It no more demeans Jesus to be Satan’s spirit brother than it does for any of us to be related to evil people who have lived on the earth.” – http://mormonchurch.com/587/do-mormo...n-are-brothers. While they try to explain it away, this idea is highly offensive to Christians who follow Jesus.

Jesus brother of Satan? - Our Father said, "Whom shall I send?" (Abraham 3:27). Two of our brothers offered to help. Our oldest brother, Jesus Christ, who was then called Jehovah, said, "Here am I, send me" (Abraham 3:27).

Satan, who was called Lucifer, also came, saying, "Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor" (Moses 4:1). Satan wanted to force us all to do his will. Under his plan, we would not be allowed to choose. He would take away the freedom of choice that our Father had given us. Satan wanted to have all the honor for our salvation … After hearing both sons speak, Heavenly Father said, "I will send the first" (Abraham 3:27).

Worship Jesus
    Worship Jesus? Mormons say we should not worship Jesus, but the Bible says to worship Jesus.

Matthew 8:2 - A leper came and worshipped Jesus. [9:18; 15:25; Mark 5:6]
    Matthew 14:33 - After Jesus had calmed the storm, the disciples worshipped Him saying He was the Son of God.
    John 9:38 - After Jesus had healed the blind man, He revealed Himself to be the Son of God (v35). The man said he believed, and he worshipped Jesus.

Note that such religious worship would have been blasphemy and should have been forbidden if Jesus had been just a man on earth. Don't worship an angel or Peter or John the Baptist for they were men only.

Mormons believe Jesus is the brother of the Devil

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" (2 Nephi 25:23). Whereas in the Bible we are saved by grace through faith: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2.8). "Not of works, lest any man should boast" (v.9). Praise the Lord!

Exodus 3:14 - And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 15:5 - I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1.18).
    "No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God [but the one and only Son], is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us" (John 1.18).
    "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4.24). You can't see spirit. Our spirit has the functions of intuition, communion and conscience which you can't see.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1.1). "The same was in the beginning with God" (v.2). "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (v.3). "For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him" (Col. 1.16).

"He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" (v.4). "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (v.14).

The word is Jesus. Jesus is called God. Jesus is with God the Father. There is One Being God. This is the Trinity.

So when you believe in the Trinity you will be born-again. If you are not born-again then you are not saved. If you are not saved you are going to Hell. "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1.13). "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (v.12).

"18 Moses responded, Then show me your glorious presence. 19 The LORD replied, I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. 20 But He said, You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live. 21 The LORD continued, Look, stand near me on this rock. 22 As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. But my face will not be seen" (Ex. 33.18-23).

"The Lord, He is God; there is no other besides Him" (Deut. 4:35).
    "I am the first, I am also the last and there is no God besides Me" (Is. 44:6, 48:12, 45:14,21-22).

Jesus claimed: "Before Abraham was born, I AM" (Jn. 8:58), a restatement of the name God used for himself to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM" (Ex. 3:14); the Jews understood this, too, as blasphemy, and tried to stone Jesus again (Jn. 8:59).
    Jesus claimed: "I and the Father are one", meaning in essence (based on the Greek construction). Some Mormons would argue this just means 'one in purpose', but the Jews clearly understood Jesus' statement as blasphemy because they "took up stones again to stone Him" (Jn. 10:30-31).

"Thomas answered [to Jesus] ‘My Lord and My God’" (John 20:28).

Brigham Young, the second president taught “God the Father was once a man on another planet who ‘passed the ordeal we are now passing through.…" (Brigham Young, Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young, Salt Lake City: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1997, 29)

The Doctrine and Covenants states, “God is a glorified and perfected man, a personage of flesh and bones. Inside his tangible body is an eternal spirit.” (D&C 130:22) This implies you will be a god o a planet too if you progress with a sexual partner

Mormon theology teaches that there is a plurality of gods. All gods were once mortal men on other planets who, through obedience to the commands of their God, attained exaltation or godhood. All Mormon men have the potential of attaining godhood as well.

Have to be married to go to the Celestial Heaven.

Lots of verses showing what they really believe.

Mormons believe God is gods.

Avoid the Marriotte Hotel Chain.

Mormons teach God is progressing, but Moroni 8:18 says, "For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity."

There is no baptism for the dead in the Book of Mormon nor the Bible so why practice it?

Blog Entries

Default Mormons are Going to Hell

Mormons are going to Hell.

Blog Entries

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Num. 23.19).

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them." (Deut. 33.27)

"I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city" (Hos. 11.9).

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed" (Mal. 3.6).

"Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen" (1 Tim. 1.17).

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." (Is. 44.6)

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Is. 43.11).

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble" (James 2.19).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 22.13).

"Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." (Is. 41.4)

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen. 1.1).

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness" (Gen. 1.3,4).

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1.17).

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." (Ps. 90.2)

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Heb. 13.8).

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it" (Matt. 7.24-27).

Blog Entries

The attempt by Mormons to construct gods out the Bible, the Bible says are just idols created by man. They are not real. No gods of planets, no men becoming gods. Pride is causing you to think you will be a God. But there is only One God who made the heavens. He alone is from everlasting. This takes humility to accept.

"The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the LORD made the heavens!" (Ps. 96.5). They are not even real gods. There are no real gods, just God alone from everlasting, the uncreated Creator.

"Can people make their own gods? These are not real gods at all!" (Jer. 16.20)

Challenge yourself, how would you need the Bible to word itself in order to accept that there are no gods, just God alone from everlasting? I think the Bible said enough already there is only one God and no other gods exist. So there are no exalted man-Gods.

"You shall have no other gods before me" (Ex. 20.3).

Blog Entries

The Bible says there is no God's before, beside, or after Him. So there is one uncreated Creator and that's it.

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." (Is. 44.6)

Mormons/LDS don't believe in God of the Bible "who alone" (1 Tim. 6.16) was "from everlasting" (Neh. 9.5).

"All things were made by him [Jesus]; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3). But Mormons/LDS say Jesus didn't create everything.

The Bible is consistent, but that consistency goes out the window if you try to attach mormonism to it.

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Isaiah 43.10).

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen. 1.1)

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Num. 23.19)

How do Mormons or LDS explain this? It seems to me to be saying unlike us humans, son of men, that God is not a man. So how do Mormons explain how God use to be a man? I was thinking man is not eternal, so...

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them." (Deut. 33.27)

Nothing is ever said about you a man becoming a God of a planet. Joseph Smith was a fraud. Recall he predicted Jesus would return in 1891 and it never happened. He lied and made up an Egyptian burial being a human sacrifice. He is a fraud. If you follow Mormonism you take on the same characteristic as that liar and deceiver. Satan is a great liar and deceiver.

Blog Entries

Mormons notoriously don't agree with each other on much, but I have pieced together they believe they themselves always existed as spirit beings or what they call intelligences. They also place a substance they call pre-existing material from the eternity of the past. So you have 1) themselves as intelligences; 2) preexisting material used to bring them into human form; and 3) sometimes a pre-existing God.

The problem I have with this is the Bible says God is alone from everlasting, so that precludes any possibility of pre-existing intelligences, material or anything else.

"4 We all know that an idol is not really a god and that there no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life" (1 Cor. 8.4-6).

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

God is immutable.

James 1:17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
    Mal. 3:6. For I am the LORD , I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God created out of nothing (when there was nothing but God).

Ps. 33:6. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Heb. 11:3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Col. 1:16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.

Acts 17:24. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands.

Blog Entries

I really like the production level of this two part series on Mormons. Very well done.

Blog Entries

Perhaps the best video I have ever seen to help Mormons.

Thread Information