Thread: Jehovah Witnesses are Arianists

Blog Entries

Default Jehovah Witnesses are Arianists

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1.8).

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev. 21.5-7).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 22.13).

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Rev. 1.17-18).

Do you see that? "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" (Phil. 2.6). This is a Trinity.

jerryfromkerry Guest

I may be wrong but I think that you are quoting from the KJ Bible. Here are 3 other translations which are in harmony with what the Scriptures teach about the nature of Jesus. Firstly the Gideon Bible, Rev.1;8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega says the Lord God, who is and who was, and who is coming, the All Sovereign" The New World translation, "I am the Alpha and the Omega says Jehovah God,the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty" The TEV translation; "I am the first and the last, Lord God Almighty" Only the Father is called these titles, not the Son. As for Phil.2;6, in the Gideon Bible we read, "who,though existing in the form of God,did not consider His equality with God" The TEV translation, Phil 2;6, "He always had the nature of God,but he did not think by force he should try to become equal to God".

Blog Entries

Yes Jesus is the Sovereign God, not God the Father, but God the Son in the Triune Godhead. Jesus considered Himself equal with God but because He emptied Himself of His independent attributes, His equality with God was not something to be grasped. He did this for us to die on the cross for the sins of the world. As God the Father is Alpha and Omega being uncreated, so is God the Son. The one who died is God, not the Father, but the Son. "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of death and hades" (Rev. 1.17,18).

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Jerryquitecontrary,

You would never want to place all that burden on a man alone who was not God. And all that is born of the flesh is flesh, so no man is not a sinner not even Jesus if Jesus is only just fully man and not also fully God. You don't want to receive atonement from mere man alone, but one who is fully God and fully man. This is why my God trumps your god everytime because your god is too selfish to atone for sins and pawns that off to a sinner, a man who was born of the flesh in your faith.

There are countless examples of Jesus' divinity--equality in spirit with the Father--being inferred in the Bible. Here's a few:

Hebrews 12:23 and John 5:22.
    Judges 11:27 and John 5:22.
    Hosea 13:4 and John 4:42.
    Exodus 15:3--the LORD is a man, clearly, and that Man is Jesus.

There are plenty more. With a soft heart and a willingness to see the truth, you will come into the obedience of Jesus as One with the Father.

Blog Entries

Every couple of months a JW comes to the door as he did today. I gave him my well prepared standard response. His response was to say to me he "is not equipped to answer this." Yet the Bible is given for us to understand.

​"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. " (Rev. 1.7,8).

Nobody can see the Father who is spirit, so every eye will see who? Jesus. Was the Father or the Son pierced? The Son.

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev. 21.5-7).

"Who is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end?" God.

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 22.12,13).

"Who is this Alpha and Omega?" God. The first and the last, beginning and end.

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Rev. 1.17,18).

"The One who is the first and last died. Who died?" Jesus died. The first and last is also the Alpha and Omega and the beginning and the end.

There is no way to resolve this other than to say Jesus is the 2nd Person in the Godhead for He is neither the Father nor the Spirit. The Godhead is the uncreated Creator in 3 Persons co-equal and co-inherent.

Jesus is God.
    Put Christ first.

Thread Information