Thread: Magic proves the supernatural?

aceofspades Guest

Default Magic proves the supernatural?

I watched this over and over and there's no explanation for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ-nS9Q-prw
    The only way this could have been done(making something go through matter) is my some supernatural force.
    Do you think magicians like this have some power?

Blog Entries

There are some chemicals that are very sensitive to catching flame.

He pays people to lie for him. People have confessed to lying for his scams. You're too gullible.

There was no card in the basketball, but the person who cut open the basketball pawned it in there.

You're so willing to believe liars.

aceofspades Guest

I have seen people do these things in person, to myself and friends. It's not just people lying.

Blog Entries

You've seen someone pull your card out of a basketball and you don't think the person pawned it in there? Whether you are lying or misperceived someone else lying makes no difference to me. I think you are lying on your profile calling yourself a Christian since obviously, Christians don't think simple magic tricks prove the supernatural.

MystryBox Guest

It's a trick. Most of what Blaine does is just fancy versions of something that can be bought at a magic store or found in a magic book. This particular one is just a fancy version of an old trick called card in a lemon.

I_am_his Guest

He's just a fake! I've seen losts of shows by a guy called Dermot Brown who is a really good illusionist and he shows you how these things are done. Dermot Brown is really smart but not clever enough to believe in Jesus because he's an atheist. Apart from that he's really clever.

Blog Entries

I know this sounds like a cliché, but it really is true, when you find out how they really do the magic trick it is a let down, for you see how sneaky and deceptive they were, giving false appearances. Seems unethical to me in a way. Like when Copperfield takes a blanket he is holding up and you can see his his face and shoulders then he lets go of the blanked and someone else appears in his place holding up the blanket. This is simply done by the other person crawling up under his legs to stand in front of him, then Copperfield lets go of the blanket, the other person grabs it and Copperfield jumps back down behind the platform. Most of those disappearing and reappearing tricks are based on making you think there is nothing going on behind platform they are standing on and that it is clear underneath the table. In actuality, Copperfield is crouched down behind the table. They create an illusion with lighting or mirrors or a painting to make it seem like there is nothing underneath or behind the table. The common theme is they are always crawling around behind the scene, and there is an entrance to the empty compartment. There is a trap door or a way to come in from behind. It's funny the videos that show this. It's embarrassing how simple it is, you wonder why you didn't realize it in the first place.

Thread Information