I believe Shawn McCraney is not a Christian because he denies the Apostles exist today to set up the churches so the churches don't get set up and thus, points to himself instead. Selfish!

On Jan. 31, 2010, Shawn emailed me and said, "ONLY firsthand witnesses would ever be counted as apostlically holding the office." On Feb. 2, 2010, Shawn emailed me again and said, "Paul said, LAST of ALL . . .I need not say anything more." Clearly we see this ex-Mormon's view, but is there any foundation or support for it in God's word?

Since the Bible never said a requirement to being an Apostle or holding this office requires you physically see Jesus alive from the dead, why in_sert into the text? Shouldn't a person at least have some support for their belief, and not merely only take the opposite view of the cult they were part of but no longer involved with? People often think they are being spiritual by simply taking the view opposite to the previous false belief they held, but they fall right into yet again another false teaching. Not very spiritual at all. In Mormonism, they believe in a continual 12 Apostles succeeded, whereas the Church believes in more than 12 Apostles and that Apostles are for every generation.

"For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor. 15.7). "And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time" (1 Cor. 15.8). "Last of all" refers to those who saw Jesus alive from the dead which include the 500. Seeing Jesus alive doesn't make you an apostle, nor is it a requirement to be an Apostle, for Christ commissions apostles by the Holy Spirit for Jesus is at the right hand of the Father.

Notice how Paul used the words "last" and "least." He did not say that he was the last apostle, he only said he was the least apostle. If he were the last, there could be no more after him, but he was only the least. Such a clear word should be stated by Paul if he was the last apostle, but it never came. Hence, with apostles who came after Paul, they held this office.

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" (Eph. 4.11). This verse does not say "And he gave some, apostles (but they had to see Jesus physically alive from the dead); and some, prophets....etc."

1 Thess. 2.6, "We might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ." The "we" here refers to clearly the writers of the Thess. letter, i.e., Paul, Silvanus and Timothy. (1.1) which indicates that Paul's two young fellow-workers were also Apostles.

1 Cor. 15.5-7: "He was seen of Cephas, then of the Twelve; after that he was seen of about five hundred brethren at once; ... after that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles." Besides the Twelve Apostles there was a group known as "all the apostles." It is obvious, then, that apart from the Twelve, there were other other Apostles. Who can say they all had seen Jesus physically alive from the dead?

Rom. 16.7: "Salute Andronicus and Junia...who are of note among the the apostles." This does not say they were notable by the apostles, but among the apostles they were notable ones. Here you have not only two apostles, but notable ones.

There is no requirement to have to see Jesus visually to be an Apostle. "Thou hast tried them which say they are apostles" (Rev. 2.2). It's really hard to to make this context to be referring to dead Apostles.

"But you, O heaven, rejoice over her fate. And you also rejoice, O holy people of God and apostles and prophets! For at last God has judged her on your behalf" (Rev. 18.20). During the Tribulation, there are holy people still on earth at this time such as the apostles and prophets.

Where are we told Barnabas or Timothy had seen Jesus alive from the dead?
Did the Apostle Titus see Jesus alive from the dead? (2 Cor. 7.14,15)
Did the Apostles Andronicus and Junia (female) (Rom. 16.7) see Jesus alive from the dead?
Did the Apostle Epaphroditus (Phil. 2.25-30) see Jesus alive from the dead?

They have the common gift and office of apostle (Eph. 4.11-12). To reject the Apostles is to reject Christ who set them up. Why did Jesus not give a clear word to Paul that he was the last Apostle?

It is sad to say but not all who claim to be Christ's are his, and many who claimed to be apostles were not. This was such a common problem that one early tract "The Didache" contained instructions on how to distinguish between false and true apostles. An over-concern with money and comfort seems always to be a distinguishing feature. Judas is of course the perfect example. False apostles are addicted to Mammon and betray Christ.