Thread: Shawn McCraney an ex-Mormon is now Calvinist, non-OSAS, anti-Apostle

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default Shawn McCraney an ex-Mormon is now Calvinist, non-OSAS, anti-Apostle

Re: Shawn McCraney ("Heart of the Matter"), Shown #199, January 19, 2010 on "Apostasy".
    Show #199, 2010 - http://hotm.tv/shows/20100119.htm

Shawn,

I thought you said you weren't a Calvinist when we talked before? Jacob Arminius by the Holy Spirit directly countered the 5 false teachings of John Calvin. The 5 points of OSAS Arminian counter the 5 points of Calvinism, yet you are hostile to Arminianism? The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8).

Shawn, you quoted Acts 20.29-31: "For I know this, that after my departing shall GRIEVOUS WOLVES enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, SPEAKING PERVERSE THINGS, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to WARN EVERYONE night and day with tears" (Acts 20.29-31).

Then you said regarding this passage, "Again, the context is what? Were there false prophets that came into the early church? Absolutely. It came with Arminianism. It came with Gnosticism. It came with all sorts of heresies. The Gates of Hell have tried to kill Christianity...."

Shawn, you're attacking God's way of saving people which is to predestinate by foreknowing (Rom. 8.29) our free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints (OSAS).

The 5 false teachings of Calvinism TULIP are: Total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible grace, and perseverance of the saints. Remember when tulips were worth $25,000 each? That's a bubble.

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe" (1 Tim. 4.10). "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2.4). "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world" (1 John 2.2). "The Lord is not slack [sufficient grace] concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3.9). "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand" (John 10.28).

Arminianism teaches that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world. His grace is sufficient to save any and all, whosoever is willing. To be saved you must be willing to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. Come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior!

"Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel'" (Mark 1.15) "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3.19).

I can't count the number times Shawn, you said on your program to be born-again you don't have to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated, that effectively you were irresistibly selected. Don't you see this is a selfish salvation? What you have done is taken the complete opposite view of Mormonism (oddly throwing in non-OSAS sometimes taught to you as a Mormon) but you are not less unsaved than they are. In fact, according to 2 Pet. 2.21 it would have been better you had never come so Christ to begin with because you are worse off now than you were before (perhaps your permanent stay in Hell will be worse than it would have been otherwise). I think the reason you teach non-OSAS sometimes is because it is a slip of the tongue of being taught non-OSAS for 40 years. Either way, by doing so (see below), you'are in a state of confusion. Who is the author of confusion?

Shawn, for 40 years you were a Mormon. Don't spend another 40 years as a Calvinist. Calvinists take on an idol they call Total depravity which says they can't repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated, so they won't and they don't. They are the tares trying to look like saved wheat in the outward appearance of the kingdom of heaven. And so they assume they were regenerated irresistibly without having had to come to Christ genuinely and authentically, repentantly and believing on Jesus to be saved by grace through faith. It's a selfish salvation. It's in their head, not their spirit's innerman. And they think their god sends people to Hell from birth with no grace to give them the opportunity to be saved. What love is this?

My prayers go out to you. Aren't you being a grievous wolf speaking perverse things? A little later in this program you said, "This verse speaks about some falling away. Not all, but some" referring to 1 Tim. 4.1-2: "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron."

This can include both those who come close to the doorstep of salvation, yet turn away like those in 2 Peter. 2.21 or those who are saved, but deceived, though can't lose eternal life, for the Bible is clear: "hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (John 5.24). When does a person receive eternal life? When they are born-again (initial salvation), "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17.3).

It seems to me you have contradictory theology like you are trying to mingle non-OSAS and Calvinism. The 5th point of Calvinism is false, for to be OSAS is to give your life to God who keeps knowing you can't keep yourself saved, whereas Calvinists think they are irresistibly regenerated into OSAS. Do you see the difference?

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

I believe Shawn McCraney is not a Christian because he denies the Apostles exist today to set up the churches so the churches don't get set up and thus, points to himself instead. Selfish!

On Jan. 31, 2010, Shawn emailed me and said, "ONLY firsthand witnesses would ever be counted as apostlically holding the office." On Feb. 2, 2010, Shawn emailed me again and said, "Paul said, LAST of ALL . . .I need not say anything more." Clearly we see this ex-Mormon's view, but is there any foundation or support for it in God's word?

Since the Bible never said a requirement to being an Apostle or holding this office requires you physically see Jesus alive from the dead, why in_sert into the text? Shouldn't a person at least have some support for their belief, and not merely only take the opposite view of the cult they were part of but no longer involved with? People often think they are being spiritual by simply taking the view opposite to the previous false belief they held, but they fall right into yet again another false teaching. Not very spiritual at all. In Mormonism, they believe in a continual 12 Apostles succeeded, whereas the Church believes in more than 12 Apostles and that Apostles are for every generation.

"For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor. 15.7). "And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time" (1 Cor. 15.8). "Last of all" refers to those who saw Jesus alive from the dead which include the 500. Seeing Jesus alive doesn't make you an apostle, nor is it a requirement to be an Apostle, for Christ commissions apostles by the Holy Spirit for Jesus is at the right hand of the Father.

Notice how Paul used the words "last" and "least." He did not say that he was the last apostle, he only said he was the least apostle. If he were the last, there could be no more after him, but he was only the least. Such a clear word should be stated by Paul if he was the last apostle, but it never came. Hence, with apostles who came after Paul, they held this office.

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" (Eph. 4.11). This verse does not say "And he gave some, apostles (but they had to see Jesus physically alive from the dead); and some, prophets....etc."

1 Thess. 2.6, "We might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ." The "we" here refers to clearly the writers of the Thess. letter, i.e., Paul, Silvanus and Timothy. (1.1) which indicates that Paul's two young fellow-workers were also Apostles.

1 Cor. 15.5-7: "He was seen of Cephas, then of the Twelve; after that he was seen of about five hundred brethren at once; ... after that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles." Besides the Twelve Apostles there was a group known as "all the apostles." It is obvious, then, that apart from the Twelve, there were other other Apostles. Who can say they all had seen Jesus physically alive from the dead?

Rom. 16.7: "Salute Andronicus and Junia...who are of note among the the apostles." This does not say they were notable by the apostles, but among the apostles they were notable ones. Here you have not only two apostles, but notable ones.

There is no requirement to have to see Jesus visually to be an Apostle. "Thou hast tried them which say they are apostles" (Rev. 2.2). It's really hard to to make this context to be referring to dead Apostles.

"But you, O heaven, rejoice over her fate. And you also rejoice, O holy people of God and apostles and prophets! For at last God has judged her on your behalf" (Rev. 18.20). During the Tribulation, there are holy people still on earth at this time such as the apostles and prophets.

Where are we told Barnabas or Timothy had seen Jesus alive from the dead?
    Did the Apostle Titus see Jesus alive from the dead? (2 Cor. 7.14,15)
    Did the Apostles Andronicus and Junia (female) (Rom. 16.7) see Jesus alive from the dead?
    Did the Apostle Epaphroditus (Phil. 2.25-30) see Jesus alive from the dead?

They have the common gift and office of apostle (Eph. 4.11-12). To reject the Apostles is to reject Christ who set them up. Why did Jesus not give a clear word to Paul that he was the last Apostle?

It is sad to say but not all who claim to be Christ's are his, and many who claimed to be apostles were not. This was such a common problem that one early tract "The Didache" contained instructions on how to distinguish between false and true apostles. An over-concern with money and comfort seems always to be a distinguishing feature. Judas is of course the perfect example. False apostles are addicted to Mammon and betray Christ.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeney
    Hello, Troy. Let me suggest at least two men who (1) came after Paul and (2) very likely never saw the resurrected Jesus, yet seem to be called apostles:

Barnabas (Acts 14:14) — "the apostles Barnabas and Paul"

Timothy (1 Thess. 1:1 with 2:6). I note that Silas is also included here, but being part of the Jerusalem church (Acts 15:22), it is conceivable that Silas might have seen the resurrected Christ.

• Also Ephesians 4:8,11 are relevant — 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.... [vs. 11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers." Various unnamed apostles (and other fivefold ministers) were given after Jesus' ascension back to heaven.

May the Lord give you much wisdom in discerning His direction for your life, Troy.

Blessings,
    Jim Feeney

Thank you! I usually combine Shepherds and Teachers as one-fold, so it is a 4-fold ministry.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Summary of Why Shawn McCraney is Still Not a Christian
    Shwn McCraney is Going to Hell.

It's not that you are clinically insane or ill Shawn, though you may be, but you are not born-again. The reasons are given, confirmed in Scripture and by the Holy Spirit.

Refuse to Repent

1. Many times on your program and to me, you said you never repented when you claimed you believed in Christ to be regenerated, that something came over you without having had to repent (this is the false Calvinism teaching, the same held by the guy you got to do all your YouTube videos). That's called Satanic grace, certainly not the way God saves. God requires your repentance Shawn. "Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel'" (Mark 1.15) "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3.19). This explains your hostility to Christians-OSAS Arminians-when you said: "Again, the context is what? Were there false prophets that came into the early church? Absolutely. It came with Arminianism. It came with all sorts of heresies. The Gates of Hell have tried to kill Christianity...." Do you see how you are accusing Christians, Christianity and Jesus when you purport Christianity is something other than as taught by Arminianism which default is Calvinism? What I think is evil is to have said to me you are not a Calvinist but at the same time are hostile to Arminians. You don't see the doublemindedness in that do you? The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). Think how deceptive Satan is where he causes you to think you are saved when you are not. You accept his suggestion and invasion of your being. After several decades of being a Mormon then for about 4 more years you were still a Mormon you said (a "born-again Mormon"), yet claimed you were a Christian also? How is that possible? How is that a true conversion experience? Be honest with yourself, you did not have a true change of mind because you remained a Mormon. If you were truly born-again, you would have left, that's true repentance. You're a false teacher who claims you don't have to repent to be saved. You prefer a selfish salvation without repentance.

Hostility Towards Apostles

2. Your hostility against how God saves matches your hostility to the Apostles in which you said none exist today. You do this to exalt yourself above them, yet still you can't disprove the proofs for Apostles in Scripture are for today and the Apostles in Scripture who had not seen Jesus alive from the dead:
    • (a) Barnabas (Acts 14:14) — "the apostles Barnabas and Paul";
    • (b) Timothy (1 Thess. 1:1 with 2:6);
    • (c) Ephesians 4:8,11 are relevant — 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.... [vs. 11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers." Various unnamed apostles (and other four ministers) were given after Jesus' ascension back to heaven;
    • (d) "The Didache" contained instructions on how to distinguish between false and true apostles;
    • (e) "Thou hast tried them which say they are apostles" (Rev. 2.2).

False Fruit

3. Your approach to call Christians "insane" and "ill" when they expose your false teachings when you don't know how to deal with it or resolve your contradiction shows your spirit is dead to God. What love is this? Would Jesus act like that? You have the above contradictions, yet shut your mind down to them. The Bible says "we shall know them by their fruit": "For every tree is known by his own fruit" (Luke 6.44). "Thou shalt not bear false witness against" (Ex. 20.16; see Deut. 19.16, Prov. 19.5, Matt. 26.59, Luke 18.20). "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you" (Luke 6.31). "...men will believe the lie." (2 Thess. 2.11). If you keep talking I guess men will believe your lie, but you can't put anything past God. These problems of yours don't go away. You can only shove them under a rug for awhile. If we were to meet in 50 years from now, I would still challenge you to look at these false teachings of yours, for one of them places people without repentance in a baptism of the evil spirit and the other slowly but surely attempts to destroy the churches being set up by the Apostles. Leading Mormons out of Mormonism into another cult is placing them in a worse off state than before.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

For those who watch Shwn McCraney at hotm.tv obviously you realize how crass he can be to the public, but what many viewers don't realize is by email he is extremely obnoxious, belligerent and obstinate. He acts very much like Mormons do with more aggression of course. Instead of dealing with the false teachings above that I contacted him about, he acts like Satan that greater accuser, just like Mormons attack Shawn, with all kinds of accusations he pulls out the air, never dealing with the doctrinal issues. I guess it is hard to get away from the way you have been all your life even now after alleging to be Christian now. As much as things change they still remain the same. Anyway, the outward conduct matches his inward false beliefs. If God were to come to me right now and ask me if Shawn McCraney was born-again, I would say, no way. I wouldn't want to spend eternity with someone like that in the New City. The Bible says we shall know them by their fruit. We have both the outward and the inward to show Biblically why Shawn McCraney is not born-again. I can understand how Mormons feel, even though they are unsaved also, when trying to discuss matters with Shawn.

Truly the body of Christ is a "little flock" (Luke 12.32). The New City is only 1379 x 1379 miles. Perhaps fit for a billion souls. We don't get a half a million to a million hits per month like Shawn does as he claims he does in an interview he had. I guess that's why he writes in his emails (shawn@alatheamedia.com) people are jealous of him when they expose his beliefs. They must be envious of him, for what a great man Shawn is with 500 million hits on his website per month. O what vanity! The pride of life. In the same interview, Shawn said that he is an accredited Pastor after going to seminary school. Since when are Pastors designated by seminary schools? A teacher/shepherd is someone who has the gift of teaching. Someone could go to a seminary school and not have the gift. I don't have the gift of teaching, but I do have the Apostleship, which is not based on gifts, but directly being chosen by God. I think Shawn is jealous of me. What a sneaky way to point to yourself by rejecting the Apostles are for today (Eph. 4.11).

"Your a frustrated, envious man who really believes God and/or society at large has overlooked your genius. Give up, bro" (March 11, 2010). His pride is showing. I guess I am suppose to give up exposing his false teachings because I am jealous of Shawn that I was not lost in a cult like he was for 40 years and still acts like a Mormon in so many ways. I don't think I am a genius. I do think that I appreciate some truths in God's word that few understand: 1) our being tripartite, 2) osas arminian, 3) gap restoration, 4) partial rapture, 5) Scriptural locality. I do have a certain strength because I have this understanding of God's word. I won't deny that. When you understand God's word, grace is bestowed. That few understand these truths is due to peoples' flesh, so I know those who do not realie these truths are not so much me being overlooked as they are overlooking God. If you overlook what is given by God you will overlook what is given by those who received from God.

"In my limited opinion, you are a sick and twisted man who accomplished NOTHING for our King. And by the way, your negative CANNOT be proved. Duh" (March 12, 2010). Is this how Christians should talk to Christians? Clearly Shawn McCraney is not born-again. We can know him simply by his fruit. Satan is the great accuser. My advice to those who encounter Shawn, just don't pick up the bait of Satan. Don't be like him as he throws out accusations mindlessly one after another like a wild animal on a rampage. Shawn is just projecting his own condition of being sick and twisted and accomplishes himself nothing for God at the end of the day because he is a false teacher, of Calvinism, non-OSAS and anti-Apostle. Our King is not his king.

He thinks you can't prove a negative. How silly. Of course you can. You can prove there are no square circles, no married bachelors, no possibility of something coming from nothing, no possibility of the universe having always existed. A square has only 4 lines each perpendicular to the other. Circles are continuously round. I can't believe I had to admit this obvious fact into evidence to help Shawn McCraney's "limited opinion". This is what it is like dealing with ignorant people. You must by now have a clear sense of how obnoxious he is? He is not a Christian. His side of the road experience was like that of Joseph Smith alleging it was irresistibly imposed on him, without being given the choice to refuse what was given to him. Actually though in their own way they made up their stories.

"You emailed me FIRST. Get it? And you continue to. SO I'll tell you what. You reply to this with another insipid basketfull of rhetoric and I WILL NOT respond. That way, you can have the last word, and our earthly relationship is through. Deal? Please?" (Feb. 7, 2010). Notice I can't get Shawn to deal with his false teachings, and just avoids dealing with them.

"You are a very ill man. Please seek help" (Feb. 5, 2010). I guess you are not ill if you are a Calvinist and believe in non-OSAS and reject the Apostles are for today.

In the latest broadcast (March. 2, 2010, Show 205) I watched, Shawn said "you can't disprove a negative". William Lane Craig (though he is a non-OSASer too even though the Bible says those who are born-again "they shall never perish" John 10.28) would love to take a stab at that and respond by saying, you can prove there are no married bachelors and no square circles and that nature requires a cause and can't just start up all by itself nor always have existed, so there must exist the uncreated Creator. I would add, simply observe the trillions of cause and effects in nature are an overwelming preponderance of evidence the universe needs a cause. And obviously, we would not still be sinning to the extent we still do along the exponential progression of conscience we are clearly on (e.g. less human sacrifices, women can vote now just this past century, etc.) if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects that we would approximate into. Shawn McCraney is typically what one might call a DULLARD! His thinking is shallow and often wrong particularly when it comes to important issues (anti-Apostle) and his false way of salvation: Calvinism and non-OSAS.

"WHen will you stop seeking my attention. Leave me alone, psycho. You're insane" (Feb. 4, 2010). So instead of dealing with the false teachings I asked him about, I am seeking his attention, I am psycho and insane. Funny. Shawn is projecting.

"Please hide thyself from me forevermore" (Feb. 3, 2010). I guess all you can do with Shawn is watch his program and expose his false teachings, document them carefully, because you can't actually discuss anything with him civilly. He's too self-indulgent for that. This is what his impatience indicates. He's probably counting the dollars too much.

"The dead horse is still being beaten!" (Dec. 24, 2009). I rest my case. These are the depths and extent to his responses.

Not very cordial eh? Just try discussing some of his false teachings and he shuts the door regarding his beliefs in non-OSAS, Calvinism and being anti-Apostle. You can't get through to Shawn. He is too hard headed. This is the Heart of the Matter.

Thread Information