"If he [Servetus] comes [to Geneva], I shall never let him go out alive if my authority has weight."

"Think rather of crying for mercy to God Whom you have blasphemed." And then Servetus was killed.

Calvin said in Defense of the Orthodox Faith in the Sacred Trinity, "do not fail to rid the country of those scoundrels, who stir up the people to revolt against us. Such monsters should be exterminated, as I have exterminated Michael Servetus the Spaniard."

"Whoever shall now contend that it is unjust to put heretics and blasphemers to death will knowingly and willingly incur their very guilt," said by Calvin. So unless I murder Calvinists I will be guilty?

Calvin said, "there are others who assail me harshly as a master in cruelty and atrocity, for attacking...one who perished by my hands." Murder is wrong.

Calvin was incensed, “We must stamp out this burst of hell-fire before it spreads over the surface of the earth.... Freedom of conscience is a doctrine of the devil.... Better to have a tyrant, however cruel, than permit everyone to do what he pleases.” Thank God for Hitler!