You will help people to understand the Trinity better if you understand the Trinity better. The way many people present the Trinity, I can understand why those whom they preach to don't come to Christ, because the person delivering the message misrepresent the Triune God. It is a logical fallacy to say God is 1 x 1 x 1.

Think about it. The formula 1x1x1 is to say 1 of 1, and then 1 of (1 of 1). It in no way is saying there are 3 distinct 1's when multiplied together come to 1, for notice each of those 1's are the same 1's; that is, the Father (1) is the Son (1), and the Spirit (1) is the Father (1) and the Son (1). That's called Modalism, a heresy long since rejected by the Church. Plus it is confusion, because you have to redefine what 1 means each time. Now there is a 4th (1) which is not quite like the other three (1)'s.

Think of each Person in the Godhead like the electron and proton and neutron in a Deuterium nucleus, all of which together make up the Godhead. Each can individually be called God because each is part of the Godhead which gives us the formula 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3.

What I have learned is we need to question everything even a simple math formula.

"To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One" (Is. 40.25).