Quote Originally Posted by bertie
Are you speaking of an elite faction who have supreme authority over all members of the church?
No.
Or a single person who has pope like authority over all of the members?
No.
How then can you show the apostolic succession from the early christian church?or other indication of ordaination?
I don't show an apostolic succession.
To what do you point to that indicates this authority over the church?Are these people ordained by some one or do they just know that they wield this authority by the Holy Spirit?
Apostles are commissioned by God. They are in agreement. Do you not believe this?
Will the HS indicate to all other members who these people with such authority are?
The churches are founded on the apostles. Do you not believe the Word on this?
How does this work out on a practical level?are these then infallible in their judgements?
Apostles are human beings, not infallible; what they agree on is infallible such as these questions for apostles,

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/needtoagree.htm

Because apostles have this direct commission from God they will have certain truths clearly established in their hearts.

Advice: you should stop trying to understand things you are not ready for. Let me explain this. Given your profile about so much your are not sure about, focus on why you can't accept God's Word is the 66 books, no more, no less. How can you trust in the Work of the apostles if you can't even accept the 66 books of the Bible as God's complete Word which the Work of the apostles is founded on?

Bertie, I just deleted your rampage of hostility in your next 6 posts where you totally blew your fuse and accused in such reviling hostility and hatred, you have set a new precedence for someone sitting on their prideful pedestal and self-declaring so arrogantly and profusely. It is sad to see you are not a believer in Christ that you would attack the church like this. The tares can be more viscious than those outside the kingdom. We shall know them by their fruit the Bible says. This has been your false fruit not of God.