"Now these are the generations of Aaron and Moses in the day that Jehovah spake with Moses in mount Sinai. And these are the names of the sons of Aaron: Nadab the first-born, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. These are the names of the sons of Aaron, the priests that were anointed, whom he consecrated to minister in the priest's office" (Numb. 3.1-3).

Elders of a locality (e.g. Levites) are directly appointed by Apostles (e.g. Moses, Aaron and sons). It was only the Levites who tore down the golden calf. Apostles and Elders consecrate themselves that deeply.

"And Nadab and Abihu died before Jehovah, when they offered strange fire before Jehovah, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children; and Eleazar and Ithamar ministered in the priest's office in the presence of Aaron their father" (Numb. 3.4).

Denominations offer strange fire as do independent churches and and non-denominations. Don't say "I of Cephas" or "I of Apollos" or "I of Christ".

"And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying," (Numb. 3.5).

Moses, like an Apostle, was directly chosen by God to be an Apostle and did not have to go through some intermediary to be appointed by some denomination.

"Bring the tribe of Levi near, and set them before Aaron the priest, that they may minister unto him" (Numb. 3.6).

Aaron a type of Apostle, appoints Levites like Elders of a locality.

"And they shall keep his charge, and the charge of the whole congregation before the tent of meeting, to do the service of the tabernacle" (Numb. 3.7).

The tent of meeting in addition to representing our spirit, soul and body with its outer court, Holy Place and Holy of Holies, is for the gathering around of the assembly for a locality.

"And they shall keep all the furniture of the tent of meeting, and the charge of the children of Israel, to do the service of the tabernacle" (Numb. 3.8).

They take the locality of believers with the proper tools for organizing such as various kinds of meetings, e.g. prayer meetings, gospel meetings, fellowship meetings.

"And thou shalt give the Levites unto Aaron and to his sons: they are wholly given unto him on the behalf of the children of Israel" (Numb. 3.9).

Aaron and his sons are like Apostles, to give the work of taking care of a locality to the Levites for all the body of Christ.

"And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall keep their priesthood: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death" (Numb. 3.10).

Apostles agree with one another, so Moses would agree with Aaron and his sons. Falling out of this agreement is strange. There are very grave consequences to misusing your authority as an Apostle.

"And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying," (Numb. 3.11).

Again, God directly speaks with the Apostles.

"And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the first-born that openeth the womb among the children of Israel; and the Levites shall be mine:" (Numb. 3.12).

The high standing of firstborn has been transferred to the Levites and now the the Levites have been transferred to the Elders of a locality and Elders of a meeting places in the Church age.

"for all the first-born are mine; on the day that I smote all the first-born in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the first-born in Israel, both man and beast; mine they shall be: I am Jehovah" (Numb. 3.13).

Of course all God's children, not just Levites, are saved. Israel has forsaken their Messiah, firstborn among many-Christ the firstfruits-so Israel suffers today.