Thread: The Selfish Salvation of Calvinism

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default The Selfish Salvation of Calvinism

Quote Originally Posted by johnpolanco18
    dont get calvinist out of context.. They beleive that you can not do anything for salvation. Roman 3.. We all hate God, we do not seek God, All men have turned away. Not this being said, they beleive that Holy Spirit softens our hearts therefore we repent.. (based on many versus but one is the story of Peter talking to the woman and the HS softens her heart.) To say he wasnt saves is dumb, Im a baptist yet i think calvinist and armenians are saved.because because faith saves us..not calvinism
    That no one seeks God in Rom. 3 is not indicating Total depravity, but propensity to sin and need for dependency on God because we have gone astray but we have free will: "when we trust in Jesus Christ" (Rom. 3.22a).

Don't confuse the willful condition of man as a necessary condition of man. Man is not Totally unable--this is idolatry so that you continue to refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated.

God provides sufficient grace to us all: "And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done" (v.22b).

By common grace received, "God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times" (v.25) which was sufficient. Don't believe in the evil god of Calvinism which teaches you that he performs preterition over billions. What love is this? God is entirely fair!

"And he is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus" (v.26) under special grace.

Verse 27 contrasts deeds with faith, and faith as a choice. The Holy Spirit hardens the heart of the Calvinist because the Calvinist refuses, by his own volition, to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. The Holy Spirit will not work in a one who wants a selfish salvation, no matter how delusional that one may be he is in Christ.

Jesus said they call upon Him Lord, Lord, but He says He never knew you. The woman you speak of was willingly receptive so God could work in her, but not so with a Calvinist. That's why Calvinists are notoriously hard people like James White.

Faith saves us, not irresistibly imposed salvation. That would not be love.

By the way, learn how to spell better. It's Arminian, not Armenian. Armenian is a nationality of people.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnpolanco18
    i already heard arminians and calvinist.. I know what arminians are all about.. i know you beleive in loosing salvation i disagree with that issue. i beleive in predestination by forknowledge(baptist view not calvinist) ... armenian fall into a lot of traps of works salvation ... my family are pentecostal and are also armenians... they are more works salvation.. listen to james white or rcsproul.. Spurgeon... I also listen to John Wesley.. but do not accept a lot of the methodist views aswell.. C.S Lewis and John Buynon are my fav authors followed with Josh Mcdowell and Billy graham.. Thanks for the invite dude, but got other things to do..
    Jacob Arminius said, in agreement with John 10.28 "they shall never perish," that he never once said a person could lose salvation. Arminianism is OSAS. You shouldn't bear false witness against Jacob or Arminians. I believe in once-saved-always-saved. The type of OSAS of Calvinism is false because it is forced, whereas true OSAS is God giving you the choice to enter into a relationship with God who keeps when you humbly admit you can't keep yourself saved.

The problem with some Baptists is that they still teach Total depravity which is still Calvinism. Observe the doubletongue in this article "Choosing a Theology". To teach Calvinism and then teach God predestinates by foreknowing our free-choice is contradictory because if you are Totally depraved, your alleged will always refuses God unless he irresistibly imposes salvation on some and denies sufficient grace for others. All 5 points of Calvinism are false. Therefore, if you teach Total depravity, then you are not in reality teaching God predestinates by foreknowing our free-choice, but that the god of Calvinism predestinates by foreknowing whom he irresistibly imposes salvation and whom he dams to hell without any opportunity for salvation. Talk about evil!

What then is the proper way of salvation? God predestinates by foreknowing your free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints (OSAS).

Just as non-OSASers (which you sin bearing false witness calling them Arminians) like you said fall into the trap of works, because they can lose salvation so they work for it, Calvinists have a works-based problem also, because it was never their choice to be regenerated. The can't really know if they are saved or not since it wasn't their choice, so they work for it in hopes that it all works out.

R.C. Sproul, James White, and Spurgeon were not born-again. They are going to Hell. They refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. It's a works based salvation in hopes they will be saved one day that they hope matches their assumption of irresistly imposed regeneration without repentance and faith. Sound selfish eh? Regeneration without repentance and faith!

Thread Information