Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Reasons Why God Exists!

KikoSanchez Guest

You think a being can come from nothing? This is the same as "always existed." What mystical magic you believe in.

Blog Entries

What always existed has no cause--it always existed. I don't think a being can come from nothing; I don't think anything can come from nothing for that which does not exist can't produce anything--for it doesn't exist!

mithra Guest

i was telling someone that god has to exist, and he said what created you, so i said my parents, and he said what created them, i said my grandparents, and he said so if you go back and back and back really far, that means everything was caused by something else, so what created the universe, i said god obviously, so he asked what created god, so i said nothing because god always was and always is
    so he said but if that cause didnt need a cause why should we stop there? why dont we stop at the universe? he says we cant see or know about anything before the universe started because of science, so we can just act like nothing created the universe because it doesnt matter

can someone please help me argue against this
    i know he has to be wrong because the bible says god created the universe in seven days and he was the only thing before that

Blog Entries

The reason why we don't stop at the universe is because if the universe always existed (even though it is 13.7 billion years old), then mankind would have approximated into that alleged past eternity and not stilling sinning to the extent we still do along the exponential progression of conscience we are clearly on. This scientifically proves the universe could not have always existed, so we are left with no other possibility than there must exist the uncreated Creator. This is irrefutable pure logic.

You admit "the universe started" but since the universe can't come from nothing, since that which doesn't exist can't cause anything, then what other option is there than the uncreated Creator?

Now that we know with absolute certainty the uncreated was created by the Intelligent Designer it would seem reasonable to ask who He is? We can discuss this later, but by comparison, none can compare to Christ and such a perfect proof as His resurrection.

Actually God did not create the universe in 7 days. God created our universe over 13.7 billion years (Gen. 1.1), then the inhabitants of earth's earliest ages sinned so greatly, that God had no choice but to make earth desolate and waste (v.2). Therefore, the 6 days are 6 literal days that sum up the period of restoration and man in His image from dust (over a long period of time) when He breathed the breath of life into man directly creating his spirit, and when man's spirit made contact with the body from dust of the stars, the soul life was formed.

Man became a living soul with a spirit and a body (Heb. 4.12, 1 Thess. 5.23).

mithra Guest

This is the only part I didn't get. I told him that the universe can't come from nothing, God obviously created it, but he just asked me what created God, so I told him nothing. But he says this doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Churchwork; 07-24-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Misusing quote feature

Blog Entries

It doesn't make sense when the evidence tells us the universe can't come from nothing nor always have existed to then ask what caused the uncreated. What you are actually doing is you have gone to Step 4 of the 4 Step Proof for God that deals with the alleged supernatural cause and effects for an eternity of the past. Yet if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects outside the natural realm, mankind would have approximated into that alleged past eternity and not still be sinning to the extent we still do along the exponential progression of conscience we are clearly on.

Thread Information