Thread: A Mormon Mother in Heaven?

Blog Entries

Default A Mormon Mother in Heaven?

Bruce McConkie (Mormon Doctrine) said, "Further as the prophet also taught there is a God about the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Joseph Smith said in History of the Church, "In all the congregations when I have preached on the subject of the deity, it has been the plurality of gods." (Polytheism)

Brigham Young said the devil told the truth--I don’t blame mother Eve for eating the forbidden fruit, that’s how we become gods. So, Mormonism is literally founded upon the belief that the lie of the serpent is the gospel truth.

God the Father use to be a man and was formed into a God like the God before him, so on and son on? "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Isaiah 43.10).

"In the Heaven where our spirits were born there are many gods, each of whom has his own wife or wives." (Orson Pratt, "Seer," p. 37)

"The doctrine that there is a Mother in Heaven was affirmed in all plainness by the first presidency of the church" (Bruce McConkie).

God is a highly evolved humanoid!?

History of the Church, Vol. 2, page 182: Joseph Smith said in 1835, "...it was the will of God that those who went to Zion, with a determination to lay down their lives, if necessary, should be ordained to the ministry, and go forth to prune the vineyard for the last time, or the coming of the Lord, which was nigh -- fifty-six years should wind up the scene" which did not come in 1891!

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves," (Matthew 7:15).

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world," (1 John 4:1).

Doctrine and Covenants 84:1-5, 31: The prophecy, given Sept. 1832, says a temple would be built on the temple lot in Jackson County, Missouri "in this generation." A century and a half has passed and yet no temple has been built. Compare the prophecy with comments about it in these Journal of Discourses volumes; Vol. 10, page 344; Vol. 11, page 269; Vol. 13, page 138 and 362; and Vol. 17, page 111.

"And you, who once were estranged and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and irreproachable before him" (Col. 1.21-22).

Blog Entries

Cult leaders have shouldered a heavy burden. Not speaking under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, they utter prophecies which with time prove to be false. Under the date of January 23, 1833, Joseph Smith recorded the following in his History of the Church, volume 1, page 323: "... my father presented himself,... I asked of him a father's blessing, which he granted by laying his hands upon my head, in the name of Jesus Christ, and declaring that I should continue in the Priest's office until Christ comes."

When the Twelve Apostles were first ordained in the Mormon church some of them also received the promise that they would live until Christ came: "The blessing of Lyman E. Johnson was,... that he shall live until the gathering is accomplished.... and he shall see the Savior come and stand upon the earth with power and great glory" (History of the Church, vol. 2, p.188). William Smith's blessing stated: "He shall be preserved and remain on the earth, until Christ shall come to take vengeance on the wicked" (Ibid., vol. 2, p.191). Hebert C. Kimball and Orson Hyde received similar blessings, although Hyde's blessing has been falsified somewhat in modern printings of the History of the Church (see Mormonism - Shadow or Reality? p.188).

Writing in 1838, Apostle Parley P. Pratt said the following: "Now, Mr. Sunderland.... I will state as a prophesy, that there will not be an unbelieving Gentile upon this continent 50 years hence; and if they are not greatly scourged, and in a great measure overthrown, within five or ten years from this date, then the Book of Mormon will have proved itself false" (Mormonism Unveiled - Truth Vindicated, by Parley P. Pratt, p.15; copied from a microfilm of the original at the Mormon church historian's library). To this date, hordes of unbelieving “gentiles” continue to live in North America (History of the Church, Vol. 6 Chapters 33-34, p. 602-622).

Blog Entries

Mormonism boasts of its prophets—but they have all been false. In 1833, founding prophet Joseph Smith prophesied that the United States would suffer unparalleled multiple disasters ("pestilence, hail, famine and earthquake") which would sweep the wicked (non-Mormons) off the land, leaving Mormons safe in their Zion haven in Missouri. Instead, they fled to Utah. Among Smith's many other false prophecies was the declaration in 1835 that Christ would return within 56 years and many living then would "not taste of death till Christ comes." - History of the Church (vol. 2), 182; (vol 5), 336.

Smith's successor, Brigham Young, prophesied that the Civil War would not free the slaves.

Blog Entries

"And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" (Mark 12.28-29).

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD" (Deut. 6.4).

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1.14,1).

If you have every theology right except you got the wrong God, the wrong Jesus and the wrong Spirit, then you are wrong enough to lose your soul forever. To change God into gods is assenting to polytheism and is no longer monotheism.

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" (Is. 44.6).

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8.57-58).

Mormons are not Christians because they deny the Doctrine of God, saying there are many gods. They deny the Doctrine of Christ, saying Jesus is a god. They deny the Virgin Birth claiming Mary had relations with a resurrected god. They deny Salvation by Grace Alone and add human works. To add works to the gospel destroys the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is no longer good news when Jesus died needlessly. "I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly" (Gal. 2:21). Jesus did what we cannot do. Gal. 2:16 says,"...by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified." Jesus, on the other hand, was made under the Law (Gal. 4:5-6) and knew no sin (2 Cor. 5:21). Paul says in Romans 3, "For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law" (Rom. 3:28), and again, "that he [God] himself is righteous and that he justifies him who has faith in Jesus" (Rom. 3:26).

Mormonism is eternally polygomous and thorougly pagan. The whole council of God rejects Mormonism: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." (Gal. 1.8,9) We the Churchalready had the truth in Christ-nothing was lost. Mormons, therefore, are accursed.

Thread Information