Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Unsaved Non-OSASer

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Harris
    You re still in trouble. Accusing falsely! I am saved! The trouble is your understanding--the unrighteous have never learned the way of righteousness--thus the saved who have learned the way of righteousness, but turn from it after knowing it--are the ones which 2 Pet. 2:21 is talking about!!!
    You're still accusing falsely and still not a child of God because you are unwilling to repent and believe in the God who can and will keep you, but instead worship a god who gives you an "out-clause" to go to Hell. You didn't divest of yourself into the God who gives eternal life eternally, but still cling to your self-strength to try to save yourself by works and boast of it like every other religion does except Christianity. Man even wants to save himself in things of God. What vanity!

You are the unrighteous, you have learned the way of righteousness just as I once did but turned from it, yet you still refuse God's way of righteousness, whereas I am now saved. Just as you can be born physically only once, you can only be born spiritually once. Just as you can enter the old creation only once, you can only be a new creation at new birth only once. I know you don't trust in God's infinite foreknowledge to be able to do this, but just know that God has the foresight not to give someone His life if He would then have to take it away. How strange that would be to have gained and lost eternal live dozens of times. That's your god of works you fashion in your own image, like someone who tries to start up a business, goes bankrupt, tries again, goes bankrupt, tries again and goes bankrupt again. Each and every time, you still had a bankrupt spirit.

Who claims to keep themselves saved against a God who is eternally greater than you but the prideful man? Thus, the unsaved who have come close to God have known the way of righteousness, but turn from it after knowing it. They are at the door, even enjoying the outdoor gathering, but they don't enter in (their inner man is still dead to God). They are the ones which 2 Peter. 2.21 is talking about! Their Hell is going to be worse than most, because you have been given so much grace and still want to be saved another way. Your condition is most decrepit. My prayers go out to you, you don't have to remain as you are as you keep self-exalting yourself over others who are not as strong as you are to keep yourself. Calvinists persevere for wrong reasons also. Not because they believe they can lose salvation, but because they are not sure if they are saved to begin with, since it was never their choice. Just as you have never made a choice for God who can keep, you work to try to keep yourself to hope you can keep holding on with your version of faith. Both are false, not members of the body of Christ. They both totally missed the salvation God offers us.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Harris
    These are all imaginations in your head--i am born again, and saved
    I think Watchman Nee said it best, "This is the starting point, and experience warns us.... The foundation of all service for the Lord is that we have met him and come to know him for ourselves, and have received the absolute assurance that, in him, we are eternally saved" (What Shall This Man Do? p. 194).

You don't have this assurance and would have had it by now after all these years if you were saved. Even Satan recognizes this weakness in men though he could not find it in Job to try to save themselves. "Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life" (Job 2.4). What you are trying to do, you don't need God to do for you. You're too powerful in your self-life for that.

My prayers go out to you that one day you give your life to Christ and accept the Christ who guarantees, "him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6.37), and stop calling Christians "dogs": "But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again" (2 Pet. 2.22). A Christian returns to his vomit?

"And the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire" (v.22) with the outward appearance of being Christian, was never saved to begin with; whom comes so close to the Lord, then "draw back unto perdition" (Heb. 10.39). You make me sad because it looks like you are never going to repent and give your life to Christ. It's almost too late for you because you are stuck in your ways, forsaking the way, truth and life.

Your choice. You have nobody to blame but yourself. You're just an "accuser of our brethren" and will be "cast down, which accused them before our God day and night" (Rev. 12.10). "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb (OSAS), and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death" (v.11). Unlike Job, you love your life not unto death because you will give anything to hold onto your "out-clause" that tomorrow if you feel like it, you can turn from the the faith you allegedly claim to have. Doesn't sound like a very strong commitment. God will give authentic life to the committed souls, not someone like you sitting on the fence who depends on an escape route away from God.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Wrong ways of thinking: “Okay, I have committed a lot of sins, but here is how I will make it up to God.”

Ray Pritchard, in his book, An Anchor for the Soul, tells a humorous story which depicts our situation before God.

Picture a rich, well-dressed man coming up to Saint Peter at the entrance gate to Heaven. He rings the bell and Peter says, “Yes. Can I help you?”

The man says, “I would like entrance into Heaven.”

Peter said, “Excellent, we always want more people in Heaven. All you need to enter is to earn 1,000 points.”

The man says, “That shouldn’t be any problem. I’ve been a good person all my life. I’ve been involved in civic things; always given money to charitable causes, and for 25 years I was chairman of the YMCA.”

Peter writes it all down and says, “That’s a marvelous record. Let me see, that will be one point.”

With a look of fear on his face, the man says, “Wait a minute! There’s more. I was married to my wife for 45 years and I was always faithful. We had five children–three boys and two girls. I always loved them and I made sure they got a good education. I took care of them and they all turned out all right. I was a very good family man.”

Saint Peter says, “I am very impressed with your life. We don’t get many people like you up here. That will be another point.”

The man is really sweating now and starts to shake with fear. He says, “Peter, you don’t seem to understand. I was a member in my church. I went every Sunday. Further, I gave money every time they passed the plate. I was a deacon, sang in the choir, and I even taught Sunday School class.”

Saint Peter said, “Your record is certainly admirable. That’ll be another point. Now let me add this up: That’s one, two, three points. I believe we only need 997 more.”

Astonished and trembling, the man falls to his knees and in desperation says, “But for the grace of God, nobody could get in there!!”
    Peter looks at him, smiles and says, “Congratulations! The grace of God is worth 1,000 points."

A lot of people think that the way they are going to have their sins forgiven and get into Heaven is to believe in Jesus and do something! They think by believing in Jesus and being baptized, or becoming a church member, or doing good deeds, or by the taking of the sacraments that their belief in Jesus plus their good works will get them into Heaven. The Bible utterly condemns such thinking:

“It is not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy Christ saved us” (Titus 3:5).

“By the works of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight” (Romans 3:20).

Thread Information