Re: Assistant to Randi at Randi.org
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/...n-k-thorp.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Thorp
I do not believe that consciousness expands along any predictable mathematical curve, and this makes it quite difficult to take your first "proof" seriously.
You misread the first step of the proof. It does not have to do with consciousness, but conscience. You should take it seriously, because it seriously proves God; consequently, proves Hell.

Nor do I believe we can know with any fidelity just how conscious our evolutionary forebears may have been. (It has even been suggested that "self-awareness," as we currently understand it, was invented by Shakespeare. I don't believe it, but that just shows how elastic this stuff can be.)
Do you see how your further argumentation is invalid because it is based on a false premise Step 1 of the proof is about consciousness, rather than conscience? You certainly can admit conscience has been increasing exponentially.

As to your second "proof," you are quite incorrect with your figures for #1. I attended a college adjoined to a seminary -- Methodist -- and became quite friendly with the staff there. The staff certainly was not of one mind about Paul's relation to early Christianity, or even his historicity.

- BKT
I have never met a Methodist who thought Paul didn't write 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2. That would be a strange kind of Christian. Tell me more so I can understand how you could come up with this.

The 4 Step Proof for God and the Minimal Facts Approach still remain intact. Try again.