Thread: The Alberta Racquetball Association and Dishonesty of Barbara May

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Allen,

If you speak against the ARA in any way, they will come down on you with their iron fist. They need to, as you say, get off their high horse and stop being "anal retentive."

The non-Christian tries to find or fabricate some fault with a Christian to try to disprove God of the Bible, not realizing that salvation is not by works lest any man should boast, but it is a free-gift from God.

They hired her right? So doesn't that mean they are protecting their own mistake by covering up for her?

They are revoking my ARA membership on June 22/09 in their Spanish Inquisition.

Kids in elementary and junior high need to be introduced to racquetball, but the ARA doesn't find a way to reach them. We have 2 players in the top 50 in Canada. That is the worse Alberta Racquetball has ever done. Whoever has been on the board for the ARA for the past many years? You think Barb with her $50,000 salary and $20,000 expense account would make an effort to do something there, but she is too busy with excuses, being "annoyed," playing bureaucratic games, being uncordial, and lying to protect her job. She does not have the spirit or love for racquetball. I am in tune with what racquetball needs. I hear her ideas and I wonder what planet she is from. She really doesn't get it, so whoever hired her needs to let her go. She takes the joy out of racquetball! And I think the ARA needs at least a couple Christians on the Board to keep them honest.

Why would I put up the site if she really did warn not to? Yet I told her I was doing it. She said it was "effectively sanctioned" and had no problem with it. Then she lied and changed her story in her email to several people. That's when I spoke up. Why didn't Halko or Marc, or Usher who issued it to me, say anything when I talking to them personally about it? Why would Marc allow his son to register if I couldn't use the program? It doesn't make sense.

I asked her questions about money and why she does nothing to introduce racquetball to elementary and junior high kids? I refused her ideas, e.g. single elimination knockout; referees must wear uniforms or vests; holding the tournament in some small town; referring competition; skills competition for the pros; a coaching competition; rising star competition; blocking off the courts; charging people $20 to watch; and gouging by upping the entry fee from $50 to $125.

I had it all set up, negotiated the courts down to $10 each for a nice low budget tournament with top ranked players! I asked if I could have 16 shirts from the ARA budget. She said no, but then Jamie Brayley said I could. There is much confusion in the ARA. Who is the author of confusion?

Troy

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

See the full correspondence here: http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/ARA_Barb_May.htm

Questions

Why was the tournament only open to SK, AB and BC?
    It was not anticipated there would be interest from MB and ON to travel from so far away, but this is a minor issue which can easily be changed.

Did the ARA give any reason for not sanctioning it?
    None whatsoever! No specific reason was given in their letter of refusal. Marc Caouette, John Halko and Barbara May knew about the tournament months in advance, at least at the Alberta Closed, back in March and gave encouragement to proceed.

Why only 16 players?
    Reasons as follows:

1. The players wanted it. I talked to high ranked players from all 3 provinces, some of which said they were thinking of doing the same thing in their own provinces.
    2. It is very difficult to get 16 players in the Open division. For example, the Alberta Closed in 2008 was Pool Play in the Open division (only 6 players).
    3. The tournament does not need to be over 3 days, but can be done in a day and half and cost effectively (e.g. court fees only $10 rather than $15 at the Nationals). We were only charging $50 for this tournament.
    4. Provides a bridge between SK and BC players to share in rankings more effectively if higher ranked players are more likely to come out. Alberta is lacking drastically in higher ranked players, so we should take advantage of our central location in western Canada.

Why not sanction the tournament?
    Since no specific reason was given, here are some possible reasons:

A) Since all the members of the ARA are non-Christians and I am a Christian, there is probably some prejudices there. Oftentimes non-Christians will try to fabricate stuff against us, because they know the Bible teaches that they will go to Hell for rejecting what Jesus did for them on the cross. Gerry Slamko showed his hostility towards Christ, and Gerry's second wife is a Roman Catholic. Roman Catholics are not Christians. The Christian view:

1. OSAS Arminian not non-OSAS Remonstrant;
    2. against popery, the archdiocese and archbishops;
    3. premillennial not amillennial;
    4. salvation is not by works, lest any man should boast;
    5. against idolatry, sinless Mary, immaculate conception for that which is born of the flesh is flesh;
    6. no intermediary priesthood;
    7. no paying for indulgences;
    8. no adding books to the 66 books of the Bible;
    9. against the Vatican, "religious Rome" in Matt. 13, Rev. 2, 14, 17;
    10. no transubstantiation;
    11. no infant baptismal regeneration;
    12. allow women apostles, elders and teachers;
    13. accept priests can be married;
    14. priesthood of the Roman church should go to jail for child molestation;
    15. no praying to deceased saints since they are asleep;
    16. all believers are saints not just some;

Marc Caouette and his wife together at the same time have expressed hostility towards Jesus Christ. Halko shuts his mind down to the whole matter. Jesus said, "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10.32,33).

Barb May and Gerry Slamko were present together with me at the Mayfield Athletic Club talking about matters of faith, but Barbara May never confessed the Lord Jesus as Savior and God at the table as I was defending the faith. The person who is "of the world" knows enough not to reveal their stance, for they will be judged, but there is still the sin of omission and unregenerated heart.

B) Barbara May lied to protect herself and her job when she forgot to tell me not to use the r2sports program and retaliated when she found out I didn't like any of her ideas.

C) It's a smear campaign with no specific reason. This is a corruption of one of our basic needs of self-defense.

D) Abuse of power. Definitely there is a power trip going on by the above individuals.

We don't have a single player in the top 25 in Canada and not a very active junior program. Enough said.

Troy

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

I received a letter mailed by Barbara May, specifically, and signed by James Brayley stating, the Alberta Racquetball Association "voted on June 29, 2009 to expel you from membership with the ARA in accordance with Section 5.1 of the ARA Constitution and Bylaws."

They can do so "at the discretion" of their board members for just cause ONLY!

They violated Section 5.1 which says IF "the said member is acting in conflict to the objectives of the Association."

The only reason given and vague at best is: "The rationale for this decision stems from your conduct, specifically several emails sent from you to Barbara May, Cam Bourque, James Brayley and other ARA members. The content of your emails do not support the objectives of the ARA which are to respect every individual's rights, roles and commitment in order to encourage and promote enjoyment in the sport of racquetball."

Since no specific evidence in the conduct of my emails were given as conflicting with the objectives of the Association, it comes across as quite arbitrary and malicious. I was not given the right to defend myself in person to be present at their tribunal.

This is nothing but a sly attack against a Christian by an entirely non-Christian ARA board. In previous centuries those who were antichrist would just kill us without compunction. "I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled" (Rev. 6.9-11).

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead [unsaved] lived not again until the thousand years were finished [resurrected for Hell]. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison" (Rev. 20.4-7) for "a little season" (v.3).

Lying and protecting a lie does "not support the objectives of the ARA which are to respect every individual's rights, roles and commitment in order to encourage and promote enjoyment in the sport of racquetball."

Troy

Thread Information