MY HEART HAS BEEN BROKEN by Calvinism's misrepresentation of the God the Bible, whom I love with all my heart, and for the excuse this has given atheists not to believe in Him. My sincere and earnest desire...has been to defend God's character against the libel that denies His love for all and insist that He does not make salvation available to all because He does not want all to be saved. It is my prayer...recognize Christian authors and leaders, ancient or modern and no matter how well respected, are all fallible and that God's Word is our only authority.

God's Word declares that the gospel, which is "the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Rom. 1.16), is "good tidings of great joy," not just to certain elect, but "to all people" (Luke 2.10). Sadly, the insistence that only a select group have been elected to salvation is not "good tidings of great joy to all people"! How can such a doctrine be biblical?

It is my prayer that Calvinists readers who may have gotten...far have been fully persuaded to misrepresent no longer the God of love as having predestinated multitudes to eternal doom while withholding from them any opportunity to understand and believe the gospel. How many unbelievers have rejected God because of this deplorable distortion I do not know-but may that excuse be denied...! And may believers, in confidence that the gospel is indeed glad tidings for all people, take God's good news to the whole world!