Paul said he received the gospel from others: "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received...for I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received" (1 Cor. 15.1,3) from when, he said, "I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days...other of the Apostles saw I...James the Lord's brother" (Gal. 1.19).

They reciprocated, for Paul admitted, "James, Peter, and John...seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me" (Gal. 2.9). They had talked more than just about the wind, for Paul said, "Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face" (Gal. 2.11) to discuss serious matters. Paul was told by them, Jesus "was seen of Peter, then of the twelve...After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time" (1 Cor. 15.5-8).

He seems to be genuine when said, "And if Christ be not risen, then our preaching vain, and your faith also vain" (1 Cor. 15.14). Perhaps this is why most skeptical scholars at least admit the Apostles truly believed they had seen Jesus resurrected, talked with, walked with Him, touched Him and ate with Him after He had died on the cross.